Login

U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: U76v2 completely New V, Faster, no ringing and PD!! RELE

Postby richie43 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm

I still say we need a "like" button here...... 8-)

I officially "LIKE" swan's last post!! :D
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby giancarlo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:02 pm

SWAN wrote:Ive done extensive testing of this library as well - and I can say - it is very close to the hardware - and is one of the best Nebula compressors I have tried.

The reason is that Tim has spent countless hours tweaking the programs getting the best out of them, trying all sorts of settings. But all this hard work I think was worth it-because the results are really good.

For that reason - I actually prefer it to the current Aqua comp in Beta. As things stand - it is more accurate. In the future I look forward to even better aqua compressors - but where we are now for £16 you get a highly accurate 1176 with bonus features like a dry control and HPF programs. It can be used very effectively on practically any source and for that reason and the price - its a no brainer for any owner of Nebula 3 Pro IMO.

yes it is closer because the comp in beta is using a plain release, not a manual tuned release shape. Original sample coming from timp is emulating shapes in a better way than the vanilla release used by cupw.
But let's go straight, we are working on shapes, it can't be a process left to manual tunings.
More important, in actual technology there is no way for emulating an hold action, or a proper autorelease, apart the peak level reached by the envelope, which is not correct. You need to evaulate how much time was spent on the attack state.

About acquas, there is not way for emulating them in nebula, both on performances, aliasing, look ahead, even kernel size. But they are different things. All this new tech will not be available in nebula3, PERIOD.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby kylen » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:06 pm

richie - I like Swan's post also. I picked up U76v2 as it is a no-brainer at that price, I have many of Tim P's other libraries so I understand the quality. I wish I had the funds to support the new Acqua pricing (I have older Acqua plugs) but it's just not possible to simply pick one up as it is in the case of U76.
kylen

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:26 pm

About the auto release,
I'll do a little more demonstration as to what it's doing. Possibly make a video. I'm away playing music right now, so I don't have a computer.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:36 pm

autorelease at the moment is possible depending on the envelope level only. On 76 compressors luckily there is slighly difference in reached gain, but it happens only at slower attack times. When I created the tech I though that autorelease was just a function of the envelope level, which is not correct really, there are other factors, ie the time spent on the attack time.
Anyway I'm happy we are doing all this kind of stuff and more important, speaking about this kind of stuff openly.
Many other developers are creating emulations just "proposing" a solution (in the best case audio demos, but you know, they are special cases maybe used also for the tuning process itself, so they are a bit flawed) and telling everyone the solution is simply perfect. I'm trying to be critic on everything, and I'm never satisfied especially obout our tech, but maybe what we are doing is already overkill comparing with other approaches.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Hi Giancarlo 8-) - I understand the potential and improvements in line for the Aqua comp and Black Comp release.

I just say U76 is good now because I think it is fair to say this on the product launch thread - so Tim gets some sales he deserves after all the hard work. Maybe listing all the upcoming improvements in Aqua and Nebula 4 is not very fair on this launch thread of his programs because it might put people off-when actually - it really does sound great anyway...this is why I made some comments in support of U76. Not just because that - also because its a true opinion - as we stand right now.

I have no doubt in the future of Aqua and Black comp being very accurate and better on release shape - but for this topic - this product launch - it is a great deal for all Nebula Owners. They should not hesitate - it is highly usable and accurate. As I said - my new favorite 1176 compressor of any type.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWANG » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:41 pm

hey all. just wanted to chime in and say that i tried the "dy" programs on some vocal tracks last night (just as a test), and this is definitely worth the purchase. leveled out the pretty wildly dynamic performance and was very authentic sounding (to my ears anyway). while i'm looking forward to the new acquas and of course nebula 4, this library will definitely receive continued use in the future.

considering posting the vocal sample here in a bit. stay tuned. meantime, thanks again, tim! :)
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby giancarlo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:52 pm

yes swan, agreed
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:00 pm

giancarlo wrote:yes swan, agreed

:D

But we must always also thank G for designing this amazing technology for us all to use 8-)

1176 for £16 - sweet!

And in the future - even more excitement...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mightymosaic » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:39 pm

This sounds amazing Tim!
mightymosaic

PreviousNext