Login

U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

U76v2 Update 07/11/15 Skin now available

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Update 07/11/15 Skin now available, you'll need to download and install all files for the skin to work

Version 2 of  the u76 Limiter, :D

In a nutshell-
•4 sample rates
•ratios 4,8,12,20 and all buttons.
•2 styles of PD presets, Made from my own custom templates!
•Special bonus unique HPF presets

U76 is Based on the classic 1176, in this version we are taking advantage of even faster program rates. This means the typical unwanted Ringing produced at slower Program rates have been pushed above audibility range.

This is fine tuned to get that classic 1176 bass distortion. Great for that aggressive saturation on vocals, bass, drums etc without the ringing!
All buttons mode will provide the most distortion in this set of presets. Other ratios provide longer release's. All buttons has the least amount of 'program dependency' while the other ratio's provide more non linear decays.

Unique U76 A presets

Special'AT' presets are based on Time dependence. These are a work in progress, since there is no official way to implement a 'auto release'. The possible benefits include a less compressed effect by maintaining the sources depth, brings the source material forward, adjust better to changes in the music, sounds more involving especially at slower release speeds and less pumping on high gain reduction.

I've also added some Bonus Presets, State Variable HPF's that changes adjusts with the source, this is not your normal side chain High pass, this is non adjustable. Possibly the nicest sounding presets in the pack

U76 has a nominally flat frequency response.This may give a more modern sound to the set. A great deal of time was spent tuning this set and tested by a Pro mixing engineer, including comparisons to other software's cloning 1176's.

Check my website for sound clips and video and purchase. 8-)

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/u76-limiter Only £16 and will not stay at this price for long!

Edit -In use, the attack and release controls are reverse, so 10 is the fastest rate of attack and release. This is the same as the hardware and is not a representation of speeds in ms or sec's

Important this release needs latest version of nebula
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: U76v2 completely New V, Faster, no ringing and PD!! RELE

Postby SWANG » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 pm

congratz, tim! can't wait to try it...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby TranscendingMusic » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:17 pm

Easily the best 76 comp for Nebula land.
Beta tested this puppy from the get go and Tim made amazing strides.
Go get it
mixing | mastering
Win 10 x64 | Sonar Platinum x64 | 3930K(OC)
TranscendingMusic
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:48 pm

Tim - I just dl'd my copy and am expecting lots of fun and great sounds.

Hope I don't ruin things by asking this about the xml file. Mine has this for lookahead:
<AHEADLENGTH> 1375 </AHEADLENGTH>

Should I change it to anything else, or just leave it alone?
kylen

Postby Tim Petherick » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:01 am

Ahead is set to maximum on presets if you need it on the fader.

6ms In master page or 6000 in XML is what you need to edit it to if you need the full 6ms but it's not a essential for the library to run. So that is don't worry to much about ahead. The preset is already running at extreme speeds without ahead. This is just a extra function.

Even if you use the standard 1.5ms in nebula you'll be going beyond transients.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:43 am

nebula cant go to 6 ms
All nebula programs are limited to 1.5 ms even if you read 6
This limitation is imposed by the initialization file, which superimposes a common latency denominator for all presets, it cannot be fixed in current nebula 3. If you load a 6 ms acqua in nebula you get still 1.5
Forcing a different value could lead to crash in the best case, or playing a truncated look ahead - to 1.5
Only acqua can go higher, as much high as you want
About pd, current tech does not support it. I'm implementing it
About cpu load at higher rates, only core5 supports single valued raw funs
Core5 is available partially in nebula3

Sorry for the inconvenience, but they are developements we are working on, aimed to nebula4
We are releasing acquas accordingly in order to test the new features before they are officially implemented in nebula
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby Andrums » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:18 am

Giancarlo,
Does this mean that it is not worth buying any 3rd party compressor programs before Nebula 4?
Only Acqua can sounds right?
Andrums

Postby richie43 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:46 am

Andrums wrote:Giancarlo,
Does this mean that it is not worth buying any 3rd party compressor programs before Nebula 4?

I know that the question is not directed at me, but I felt a need to say something....
Nothing will ever sound exactly like what it emulates. As far as I am concerned, it is a perfect time to buy Nebula compressor libraries because they SOUND GREAT and are already far better than any "algo" compressor I have used. I have been slowly flushing out my VST folders and getting rid of 80% of my "algo" plugins....EQ's, compressors, reverbs....lots of money spent on those over time, and now going to an "unused vst" folder for a while.
But regarding THIS compressor specifically..... I have used a hardware 1176 style compressor (I don't remember which model, there are more than one and even the same models sound a little different from one another), and this compressor nails it.
I am sure that the soon-to-be-released improvements in Nebula and Acqua will again be "game-changers"...Giancarlo and crew are really "burning the midnight oil" in developing and implementing some amazing changes for users. But don't let that stop you from using what there is now. If you think that way, you may as well wait even after Nebula 4 and wait for the eventual Nebula 5, there will certainly be even more improvements.....
No time like today to use this amazing technology. Tim's U76v2 will blow you away.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby giancarlo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Andrums wrote:Giancarlo,

they are the best thing in nebula world and they take advantages from some of latest developments AND they are a good deal NOW
But obviously things we'll release on next year will be better than things released today, and things released later will be better. It's up to you, if you want to wait or not, and how much.

At the moment we are experimenting the best technology possible on acqua plugins (even on performance point of view), but it is way more pricey.
giancarlo
Founder
Founder

Postby SWAN » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:36 pm

Ive done extensive testing of this library as well - and I can say - it is very close to the hardware - and is one of the best Nebula compressors I have tried.

The reason is that Tim has spent countless hours tweaking the programs getting the best out of them, trying all sorts of settings. But all this hard work I think was worth it-because the results are really good.

For that reason - I actually prefer it to the current Aqua comp in Beta. As things stand - it is more accurate. In the future I look forward to even better aqua compressors - but where we are now for £16 you get a highly accurate 1176 with bonus features like a dry control and HPF programs. It can be used very effectively on practically any source and for that reason and the price - its a no brainer for any owner of Nebula 3 Pro IMO.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries