Login

u76 Mark 2 vs uad comparisons! with bass

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: u76 Mark 2 vs uad comparisons! with bass

Postby pleplo » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:49 am

Hey guys on the new U76 is the attack release time in milliseconds? like 0 to 10? is to 0 ms really fast? so I guess the inverted value are like the real hardware. also is the ahead at 0 (default value) is closer to hardware? I guess so. just making sure. one last thing. what is the suggested buffer size since tim suggested minimum 1024 for good comp reaction?
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:58 am

There are no markings in sec/ms on the original hardware just. 1-9 but actually the knobs went to a invisable 1-10( no markings in that position) this 1176 is marked different to some 1176's. I left it for you to use your ears. It's program dependent also so that means no exact value release time you just get a feel or general idea of attack and release times , it changes with the music. This is possible the reason no ms markings are on the hardware.

Buffer size for this release you should experiment to find out what works for you. I used to recommend higher buffer settings when using the ahead parameter.

Also knobs are reversed on this release.
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:05 am

Tim Petherick wrote:Also knobs are reversed on this release.

That's another great way to encourage people to use their ears, for sure!! I love this library.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Andrums » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:21 am

Waiting for Complex Comp v2
Andrums

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries