Login

AlexB Consoles - Sonic differences

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB Consoles - Sonic differences

Postby kriece » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:13 am

I have the Modern Flagship console which sounds really nice and just wondering how everyone finds each of the different consoles Alex has. Do some suit particular material better than others? For example, with Slate VCC I found the N**e console would distort bottom heavy material due to (I think) a low end bump.

Alternatively, how other consoles (from the other guys) sound?

This Nebula thing is a bit of a smorgasbord so have already dropped a bundle of money on various libraries. So looking to work out where best to spend what's left :lol:
kriece
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: AlexB Consoles - Sonic differences

Postby dacaveprods » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:57 pm

I think its best to wait for AlexB to update all of his consoles n then demo whatever...he's supposed to introduce the same(New) method used on MFC to the other consoles,Etc... The other Consoles r great from Alex B n others...its just about what TONE u going after n researching a bit...
dacaveprods

Postby RJHollins » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:11 am

AlexB has several audio examples on his site to help.

Also ... Something is brewing ... we may hear soon :D
Watch threads ;)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby dagovitsj » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:46 am

|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:30 am

I am helping Alex test this, and like the Modern Flagship "Suite", this will eventually be a 3 part suite as well. It's an awesome endeavor and is sounding amazing. He is definitely ramping up and seems ready to deliver some consistently great products. It is a fine time to be in Nebula-land digital audio.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Is the new alex-b stuff going to be acqua plugins? or nebula 4 with guis and multi controls?
nonstandardryder

Postby richie43 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:23 am

nonstandardryder wrote:Is the new alex-b stuff going to be acqua plugins? or nebula 4 with guis and multi controls?

Without saying too much, they are being developed in the current Nebula for now. That way IF he is ready to release them before Nebula 4 is ready, they can be used within Nebula 3. Besides, I don't see how a console or compressor needs the multiple instance capabilities that Nebula 4 will bring. EQ's can definitely benefit, but I am sort of odd in the way that I have no problems using any library in Nebula right now as-is, I don't have the problems with the GUI's or multiple instances. It's STILL better for me than using hardware or 'algo" plugins, I'm happy.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries