Login

Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:43 am

Did you try the Softube version with Henry Olonga Mojo preset ? Could be interesting, the LA-2A is working great for me.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:55 am

Avgatzeblouz is right as far as the actual layout of the library, but I would just describe it without any negative connotations. I love this library, and once you wrap your head around the way to use it (like a few other CDSM compressors), it's actually extremely accurate in regards to the sound and the behavior. They are pre-set for attack and release for that exact reason; to get the closest possible behavior and sound to the hardware at different settings. But as with any tool (plugin, hardware, the car you drive, etc), no one thing is right for everyone.
They sound great though....;)
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:57 am

malekmusic wrote:Actually i prefer nebula over acqua plugins.

You must be my soul-brother...ha ha. I prefer Nebula over Acqua almost exclusively (and I have a bunch of Acqua's from being a tester)... Again...something for everyone.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby malekmusic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:25 am

richie43 wrote:

You must be my soul-brother...ha ha. I prefer Nebula over Acqua almost exclusively (and I have a bunch of Acqua's from being a tester)... Again...something for everyone.

Haha, nice to see im not the only one. Sounds really good how yiu describe the compressor. I just would like to understand the preanp thing, actually not understanding this drives me nuts, hehe...

@Avgatzeblouz

3 weeks before i tried nebula the first time and i was blown away. Since then i spent 800 euros for nebula and the libraries and there is absolutly no way im gonna put on a algo plugin on tracks like leadvocals, drums bus and 2bus... haha.

If someone has this library, would it be possible that i send something like 10 seconds vocal and someone compresses it with the cl1bs fixed mode?
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:28 am

malekmusic wrote:
@Avgatzeblouz

3 weeks before i tried nebula the first time and i was blown away. Since then i spent 800 euros for nebula and the libraries and there is absolutly no way im gonna put on a algo plugin on tracks like leadvocals, drums bus and 2bus... haha.

I've been there myself, but you would be surprised...
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby deehope » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:10 am

I'm willing to do it.
malekmusic wrote:
richie43 wrote:

Haha, nice to see im not the only one. Sounds really good how yiu describe the compressor. I just would like to understand the preanp thing, actually not understanding this drives me nuts, hehe...

@Avgatzeblouz

If someone has this library, would it be possible that i send something like 10 seconds vocal and someone compresses it with the cl1bs fixed mode?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:38 am

I'd be happy to process some audio for you. The preamps are not "necessary" to get the "full flavor", but they are really nice to have for options (especially for added harmonic content on tracks you may not be compressing).
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby malekmusic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:16 am

Wow richie, thank you so much for the offer and for letting me know about the preamp. I'll pm you. Thank you again!
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby richie43 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:50 am

malekmusic wrote:Wow richie, thank you so much for the offer and for letting me know about the preamp. I'll pm you. Thank you again!

deehope offered too...(what a friendly bunch we are here....)
If you have some specific settings you want me to use, let me know. If you know the hardware, you probably know the levels I will need to hit it with...maybe? Or maybe if you know how much gain reduction you are hoping for so I can give you a sample that is meaningful....
Either way, I'll do some with and without preamp presets, for variety. I'll be honest, the preamp presets are not as noticable when used with the compressor because the compressor already has the "sound" and "feel". But for the price, I think that the preamp is a "no-brainer" addition, it never hurt me to have options. BUT...if money is super tight, the compressor library is awesome and accurate as-is (in my opinion).
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby malekmusic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:37 am

i didnt see that deehope was offering help too. thank you!

yeah i just want to hear the fixed mode (1ms attack, 50ms release) with a 4:1 ratio. you can slam the vocals, so i can see how it works when slammed, maybe 12 db gr in the loudest parts.

im gonna send you a vocal today.

its awesome you make one with the preamp, too.

thanks again!
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries