Login

Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby deehope » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:41 pm

cdsoundmaster wrote:
My Denmark Blue and 160A are both program libraries that will also be acquas I release.

Is there a timeline when the Denmark Blue acquas will be released? And Im assuming it will have both the compression and preamp all in one?
cdsoundmaster wrote:The 160A sounds identical to its hardware equivalent, and though it is not identical in its nostalgia to the earliest VCU- try compressing roughly the same amount in a famous software version (UAD or WAVE- take your pick) - the 160A in NebPro makes them sound incredibly fake- and I used to love the UAD... until I made the 160A- lol.

This is 100% true as I sold my revive modded dbx160x after side by side comparison
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWANG » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:23 pm

thanks for your detailed write up, michael. i love your 160 and denmark libraries, but to me, what really makes them special is pairing them with their respective preamp libraries.

if i may be a bit selfish for a moment, my only request for the future with compressor libraries is a mix fader/knob. i do most of my compression in parallel. setting up parallel routing with these particular compressors requires a few extra steps. just a thought...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:19 am

That is SO awesome! :-)

deehope wrote:
cdsoundmaster wrote:
My Denmark Blue and 160A are both program libraries that will also be acquas I release.

Is there a timeline when the Denmark Blue acquas will be released? And Im assuming it will have both the compression and preamp all in one?
cdsoundmaster wrote:The 160A sounds identical to its hardware equivalent, and though it is not identical in its nostalgia to the earliest VCU- try compressing roughly the same amount in a famous software version (UAD or WAVE- take your pick) - the 160A in NebPro makes them sound incredibly fake- and I used to love the UAD... until I made the 160A- lol.

This is 100% true as I sold my revive modded dbx160x after side by side comparison
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:27 am

Hi Swang,

The GUI version for Denmark will group some programs together per interface but will be like a well organized suite of my favorite programs and settings. The only thing NebPro may have that the gui does not is sidechain.

I like doing this with the compressor I design with Michael Heiler (Mx2) like the VTMC-M2 and one that should be coming soon! ...
For Acqua and Neb-based compression I like using the internal mix/blend function to control a balance between high pass filtering and the timing of the envelope filter, but...
Use 2 tracks in parallel- each with the same comp- threshold zero ratio lowest ratio for the uncompressed version- this gives you the same harmonic distortion timing and dynamic filter for an uncompressed signal on track 1 and full control over compressed on track 2- along with make-up gain to balance levels-
usually lowering both tracks by -4dB makes for a good blending level when bringing make-up gain into the picture- otherwise I personally love slamming the level, and bringing it up into the uncompressed mix just when it can be heard- so the overall sound is big and smooth but the slammed signal brings intensity to it. Yes- the preamps prove that NebPro subtle dynamic spectrum and harmonics are an incredible feature (yes they will all exist when gui is released)

SWANG wrote:thanks for your detailed write up, michael. i love your 160 and denmark libraries, but to me, what really makes them special is pairing them with their respective preamp libraries.

if i may be a bit selfish for a moment, my only request for the future with compressor libraries is a mix fader/knob. i do most of my compression in parallel. setting up parallel routing with these particular compressors requires a few extra steps. just a thought...
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:29 am

No current guess on timeline- plan to finalize things soon. Currently completing an EQ Acqua release of a program library eq, and the next major Mx2 compressor release which is 90% there!
deehope wrote:
cdsoundmaster wrote:

cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby SWANG » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:06 am

thanks for the reply, michael. i'm always appreciative of other insights and suggestions with regard to workflow. i'm a musician and an arranger first and foremost, so this engineering thing is still very new to me. keep up the great work, my friend...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby deehope » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:43 am

Does anyone know what the values are in ms for the release and attack times at 12 noon on the actual hardware?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby malekmusic » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:27 am

After many hours of playing around with AlexBs CIB Pro and after changing my XML settings to the way Alex suggested it to me, i just gave up on it. It is useless for vocals. So i bought the Titanium in the hope that the single band version would sound like the CL1b. Well the good news is, it sounds damn good on vocals, but it doesnt have the tone of the CL1b (the 3band compressor on the 2bus is really really awesome, too.). I guess its not sampled from that hardware.

So my last chance is the Denmark Blue CL1B library. I am really close to buy it, but i dont understand why it does have the Preamp library?

Isnt the compressor producing harmonics? If so why do i need the preamp? And if i need the preamp (which i believe i need), would i need to run the compressor clean on 1 kernel with the preamp on full kernels to get the right sound/saturation?

running 22 Kernels just for one track would be really crazy.

If anybody can confirm that it sounds good on vocals, i would be really reliefed and just go and buy it.
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:51 pm

Apparently, this library does not have attack and release on Nebula faders, so it seems it is a giant amount of programs with fixed attack and release, which I don't like. Not user-friendly at all. But if the acqua version sees the day as mentionned earlier on this thread, that would be an instant buy from me.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby malekmusic » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:48 pm

Since i know the settings i like on the hardware, i could get along with those presets and only dial in the threshold and gain. Actually i prefer nebula over acqua plugins.
malekmusic
User Level V
User Level V

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries