Login

Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby xyxxjx » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:11 am

@Richie @michael. Yes that answers my question. To the people who have bought it, did you get the preamp library too?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby SWANG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:14 am

^bought the preamp a few weeks back and had been using with an algo emulation of the cl1b. now i'll have to roll back to an archive and use the compressor library. normally, i'd complain, but this is totally worth it...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:14 am

You know that the link you posted is for discounted prices for returning customers, right? Michael sens those out to previous buyers before libraries are released to the public. Just sayin'......
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Im sorry if this sounds critical but I dont really get the idea behind an entire seperate large pre amp collection...

30 pre amp programs with the compressor set at different settings - yet it doesnt compress - at a cost even discount of $39? Surely the pre amp / line tone of the unit could be captured in 2-3 programs max? How much difference do the compressor timings make to the line tone? The graphs look almost identical for the different programs.

When you add the cost of the compressor library - its another $59 (not sure discount) but we are talking nearly $100...I do understand there are a lot of Vectors and Programs here - but Im just unsure how neccessary they all are...for me - the comlexity in nomenclature, sheer number and cost make this library a bit offputting - sadly - when I know the sound will be great...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:32 pm

richie43 wrote:

You know that the link you posted is for discounted prices for returning customers, right? Michael sens those out to previous buyers before libraries are
released to the public. Just sayin'......

thank you, but that link was already posted in this forum by someone else. the thread is still open. i won't link to it, but no one removed it so i thought nothing of it.

i simply copied the link from there. i'll remove it from my post, but the thread is still open so...

and yes, i know he sends those announcements out to returning customers. there was, at one point recently, an issue with yahoo and other email client users not receiving them. i was one of michael's regular customers who, for one reason or other, had stopped receiving email blasts from him. all seems to be working again.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:41 pm

SWANG wrote:thank you, but that link was already posted in this forum by someone else. the thread is still open. i won't link to it, but no one removed it so i thought nothing of it.

i simply copied the link from there. i'll remove it from my post, but the thread is still open so...

and yes, i know he sends those announcements out to returning customers. there was, at one point recently, an issue with yahoo and other email client users not receiving them. i was one of michael's regular customers who, for one reason or other, had stopped receiving email blasts from him. all seems to be working again.

No worries, I wasn't attacking you. No harm or badness from me intended!! :D
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 pm

^oh i know. all this is for the love of nebula! :D
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby drecchiarex » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:50 pm

SWAN wrote:Im sorry if this sounds critical but I dont really get the idea behind an entire seperate large pre amp collection...

30 pre amp programs with the compressor set at different settings - yet it doesnt compress - at a cost even discount of $39? Surely the pre amp / line tone of the unit could be captured in 2-3 programs max? How much difference do the compressor timings make to the line tone? The graphs look almost identical for the different programs.

When you add the cost of the compressor library - its another $59 (not sure discount) but we are talking nearly $100...I do understand there are a lot of Vectors and Programs here - but Im just unsure how neccessary they all are...for me - the comlexity in nomenclature, sheer number and cost make this library a bit offputting - sadly - when I know the sound will be great...

Agreed. The overwhelming number of preset libraries make it a no go for me. Workflow hazard.
drecchiarex
User Level III
User Level III

Postby richie43 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:00 pm

drecchiarex wrote:Agreed. The overwhelming number of preset libraries make it a no go for me. Workflow hazard.

I totally respectfully disagree, but there is something for everyone in the Nebula world, not any one concept/library/tool will please everyone. For my work, CDSM libraries are indispensable and I would never consider letting Michael's choices about how he packages these influence me stop using them. Just like how I never let the fact that AITB releases almost only 44.1kHz libraries makes no difference to me. As far as I am concerned, when I first started using Nebula at all, the work-flow changes required we already "too much for me to handle", but I made a decision to try it for a while and make a decision after I knew more based on cost/benefit analysis theories. Benefits have always out-weighed the "cost", so for my tastes and needs, the number of presets in any CDSM library is far over-shadowed by the awesomeness of quality and what it brings to my work (and fun!). To each their own, for sure.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi Swan,
The other alternative is a single algo plug-in with 30% accuracy and a $199 price tag.

Every single setting has a unique response at every volume, to the spectral response, and to harmonics.

When it is sampled for the effect of a given setting as a preamp- it is giving you the definitive shape that occurs when it has a fast release, or a slow release, or a fast attack, or a slow attack, and every combination. But- you only need to choose the one program that is accurate to your situation. Slow, Medium, Fast in each combination. This number of programs doubles when I remove the harmonics- perhaps someone wants to use lots of different harmonics in their chain but still wants the breathing real dynamic changes in the path. I like to make the options available.

When sampled for compression- you will see that the actual compression itself does make a difference in the spectral response and in the harmonics- yes at every setting. I can simplify this- make a few single programs with lots of settings- and diminish the accuracy- or I can reflect the weeks of testing and editing and give you everything I think you want- realism and accuracy.

Regarding the price- it is cheap, cheap, cheap. You can use just the preamps to add life to any compressor you want to use- or even just add flavor without any compressor. You can just use the compressor itself and no preamp. When you combine them- it takes that combination of elements to bring the entire thing to life. I know that there have been trends in lowering the price more and more, and I find it no coincidence that it has paralleled the exact same trend in theft. It is a bargain to have a real, genuine Helios channel for under $50. It is a steal to use the real CL1B for under $50 with the customer discount. If anyone wishes to combine items I love to make combo deals and advise what is going to work best for the customer. But, I will not degrade the quality, hard work, effort, challenges, and also the need to barely earn a living, and charge pennies on the dollar. It doesn't lead to more sales- it leads to less appreciation for what actually makes these the best representation of the real analog hardware.

Regarding the number of programs. You can go through the manual and programs and in a matter of 20 minutes you can clear out any program you don't like or won't find useful. If you never want clean programs- ditch the entire category. Tried a few "FAV" favorite settings and love them? Only use them. If you don't like large lists, you can back up the programs and only load the ones you like.

I want you to have options- the most options that can benefit a collection. You have the sound of the original, favorites that I believe absolutely nail the sound I was after when mixing, distortion free settings, a high-passed optimized version to handle the toughest material that even the original does not properly work with, and an RMS mode that gives an entire separate compressor- and that is still $49 at the customer discount.

If a NebPro user feels like they have too many programs or if they feel a single release has too many choices- I would really recommend just spend a little time learning the sound- use "save as" to make your own category of favorite programs and ditch the n2p files you don't like.

Hopefully this helps a little, and I truly hope that people will enjoy getting the full experience of this hardware and also the new personality I have given to it. I find it special and useful, and I know I am happy to have it inside NebPro- it definitely sounds like the $3500 device, plus a couple of other devices, but it costs less than 1/60th of the price.

SWAN wrote:Im sorry if this sounds critical but I dont really get the idea behind an entire seperate large pre amp collection...

cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries