Login

Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:12 pm

CDSoundMaster is pleased to announce:

The Denmark Blue CL1B Tube Compressor For Nebula Pro


The Denmark Blue CL1B Tube Compressor For Nebula Pro provides you with an amazing sounding tube compressor with a giant sound, incredible range of variation and controls, containing the best analog sound inspired by an analog tube hardware compressor, with a whole new range of options.


It has been especially designed for use with the CL1B Preamp Collection where the user wishes to get the most accurate and precise response of the original hardware unit, providing complex multi-layered dynamic frequency and harmonic distortion content. The Denmark Blue can also be used exclusively on its own to provide an incredible range of compression tasks with the unmistakable sound of tubes.


http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/DenmarkBlue-audio.html


Get the Denmark Blue for Neb Pro Here:
http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/cds-software-online/DenmarkBlue-Neb.html


Previous Customers, email me for your Special Discount.

God Bless You.
Michael
CDS
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 am

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:40 am

This is BIG news in Nebula-land!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby biscoglio » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 am

Just grabbed it - can't wait to see how this sounds on bass :D
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:32 am

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:30 am

biscoglio wrote:Just grabbed it - can't wait to see how this sounds on bass :D

I have already used this on some guitar groups, guitar individual tracks, drum buss, and a few drum parts. Michael has gone above and beyond with this. It is cool that he has delivered some intensely accurate emulations, and also made some "better than original" versions as bonuses (RMS, HPS versions, etc). I need to be honest, it took me a while to wrap my head around the way Michael presents his compressor libraries (many presets with mostly "fixed" parameters, these have mostly only ratio and threshold adjustable). But once the concept clicked, I have gone back to ALL of them and am blown away. So with this release, I was already prepared to approch compression the "CDSM way", so I hit the ground running and am floored by the versatility and HUGE sounds.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby xyxxjx » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:11 am

richie43 wrote:
biscoglio wrote:Just grabbed it - can't wait to see how this sounds on bass :D

I have already used this on some guitar groups, guitar individual tracks, drum buss, and a few drum parts. Michael has gone above and beyond with this. It is cool that he has delivered some intensely accurate emulations, and also made some "better than original" versions as bonuses (RMS, HPS versions, etc). I need to be honest, it took me a while to wrap my head around the way Michael presents his compressor libraries (many presets with mostly "fixed" parameters, these have mostly only ratio and threshold adjustable). But once the concept clicked, I have gone back to ALL of them and am blown away. So with this release, I was already prepared to approch compression the "CDSM way", so I hit the ground running and am floored by the versatility and HUGE sounds.


Could you elaborate in what way the concept is different to other compressors?
xyxxjx
User Level VII
User Level VII
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 am

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 pm

xyxxjx wrote:Could you elaborate in what way the concept is different to other compressors?

Most compressor libraries are single presets with a full set of adjustable parameters, much like any other plugin (or hardware). This is all fine and dandy, and is what most of us are accustomed to using. Michael's compressor libraries are instead a large number of almost completely "fixed" parameters with usually the threshold, ratio, and gain adjustable. So to find the right attack and release is trying out different pre-set presets and doing minor tweaks. This seems to bother some people, and like I said, it took me a little while to get my head around the reasoning. But after asking Michael why (and because he is unusually extra-willing to explain things, help people understand, etc!!). he explained that he does this because he feels that most hardware compressors are much more "persnickety" to get right. this is how he can deliver the BEST quality in regards to compressor behavior and accurate emulated behavior and sound. I have all of his compressor libraries and as I said, once i adjusted my own usage style, I can't believe that the CDSM libraries are not hugely popular....THEY ARE MONSTERS OF TONE AND VERSATILITY.
Does that help?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby ce1909 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:01 pm

So basically you have to load a new preset every time you want to change a parameter instead of adjusting by ear or feel in real time, correct?
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:49 pm

ce1909 wrote:So basically you have to load a new preset every time you want to change a parameter instead of adjusting by ear or feel in real time, correct?

It's not a negative aspect. You can adjust the ratio, threshold and gain in real-time. Change presets when you want to try different attack and release settings. It's truly not a big deal, especially if you have dll's set up with nebula Setups (app by Zabukowski) and have a dll that is dedicated to the specific library. Changing presets is a matter of seconds. I said it was a change of thinking in work-flow, but using Nebula is already a huge change, and the trade-off is THAT sound and "mojo" that some of us are not getting with algo tools. I suggest trying his compressors (one at least) before making any judgement about the work-flow. I would never go back to my pre-Nebula tool-set. but that's my opinion based on my own specific needs and tastes.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:02 pm

ce1909 wrote:So basically you have to load a new preset every time you want to change a parameter instead of adjusting by ear or feel in real time, correct?


Attack and Release are the only params that are set in a Program. This is for accuracy and is the reason it can nail the sound of the compressor. It is easy to load and listen. It becomes a very fluid process after a very short time.
I hope you decide to give it a go!
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:18 am

Re: Denmark Blue CL1B Compressor Now Released from CDS !!!

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:42 pm

cdsoundmaster wrote:Attack and Release are the only params that are set in a Program. This is for accuracy and is the reason it can nail the sound of the compressor. It is easy to load and listen. It becomes a very fluid process after a very short time.
I hope you decide to give it a go!


This is what I was trying to say...so thanks for the more eloquent phrasing Michael.... :oops:
I think that compression in general has improved dramatically for Nebula. This library is a stellar example of this, in my opinion. Really really nice stuff here. :mrgreen:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests