Login

Red eq

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Red eq

Postby Jordi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:28 am

I think you have given to the riddle. but I get two questions: where is the compressor unit, lol and this preamp with eq would be used in the mixing or recording process.

thanks for your answers and not much information about this device.
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby kylen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:08 am

I guess this secrecy was clever in it's time - and we don't want to get into trademark infringement wars and legal battles - however since we all log in to our accounts could we not have some kind of private clue concerning the models sampled, disavowed by our leaders in public, but a wink and nod in the shadows as we step in to the virtual speak-easy and enjoy our bathtub analog gin? What's the Password? Bugs Moran... :lol:
kylen

Postby kindafishy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:59 am

The trademark infringement paranoia around here is silly to an extent that I have never seen on the internet anywhere else, ever.

What breeds this outright fantasy level fear around here? It's so weird.

Just say what was sampled already. Not just for this but for every product. Holy Sweet Mary. Sheesh...
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:49 am

kindafishy wrote:The trademark infringement paranoia around here is silly to an extent that I have never seen on the internet anywhere else, ever.

Just say what was sampled already. Not just for this but for every product. Holy Sweet Mary. Sheesh...

You are a goofball. Trademark infringement is not a paranoia, it can be very expensive. Don't you wonder why most all plugin companies except for the one's with big marketing budgets change the names of their software? Waves strikes deals with hardware manufacturers and in trade need to charge more for their products since the manufacturer gets paid. Take a look at other companies like Kush Audio, Stillwell, Overtone.... there are many. As soon as a dev here admits to what hear they are sampling, money needs to be paid. Besides, the name-changing is obvious, like with Henry Olonga's stuff (Aye-Pe-Eye, for example). Don't get all conspiracy theory on me...lol. Some of us nerds like to keep things interesting..... :roll:
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby kindafishy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 pm

richie43 wrote:
kindafishy wrote:The trademark infringement paranoia around here is silly to an extent that I have never seen on the internet anywhere else, ever.

You are a goofball. Trademark infringement is not a paranoia, it can be very expensive. Don't you wonder why most all plugin companies except for the one's with big marketing budgets change the names of their software? Waves strikes deals with hardware manufacturers and in trade need to charge more for their products since the manufacturer gets paid. Take a look at other companies like Kush Audio, Stillwell, Overtone.... there are many. As soon as a dev here admits to what hear they are sampling, money needs to be paid. Besides, the name-changing is obvious, like with Henry Olonga's stuff (Aye-Pe-Eye, for example). Don't get all conspiracy theory on me...lol. Some of us nerds like to keep things interesting..... :roll:

heh, I am absolutely, unequivocally a goofball.

So how about the I/R guys? Why aren't they getting sued? Every amp and every speaker is named.

Anyone can clearly see that the A*I lawyers will be thwarted by the clever and mysterious naming conventions... Oh, no wait, it's "Aye-Pe-Eye" not "A*I". He must be taking samples from a different vendor.

It just makes it convoluted for the consumer. If they want to go after Acustica or third party devs, silly naming is not going to stop them, so why not just call it what it is?

...and Red EQ doesn't exactly fall into the camp of "sounds like".

...and what the heck is Trinity?

Absolutely silly.

At least give us 'inspired by' instead of 'a famous british EQ'. Well that certainly narrows it down, derp de derp...
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby SWANG » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:24 pm

^you couldn't know much about trademark and patent law or the attorneys who practice them. here are some links you probably won't read:

https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tm.htm

http://www.uspto.gov/patents/law/
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby lipa » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:02 am

so... what's Trinity Eq sampled from after all?? and when the servers will finally be availible again? I'm trying to checkout with red eq in my cart and it always says server unavailible..
lipa

Postby Support » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:42 am

lipa wrote:so... what's Trinity Eq sampled from after all?? and when the servers will finally be availible again? I'm trying to checkout with red eq in my cart and it always says server unavailible..

Reported
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby jorismak » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am

every commercial IR guy I know of uses different names, or (more often), they say "it is like ..." or "based on ...".

Product demo's are always trying their best _NOT_ to say what the model is based on, but something like 'it is a typical american high gain modern amp from california which rectifies a lot'.

People think they must do that for a reason, so they follow with the same practise. Seems like a smart thing to do.
jorismak

Postby dpclarkson » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:45 pm

Looks like the eq section of a tfpro-p3.
Never heard it though.
dpclarkson

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries