Login

R2R & Tape Booster Plus Acqua VST's From CDSoundMaster!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

R2R & Tape Booster Plus Acqua VST's From CDSoundMaster!

Postby cdsoundmaster » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:16 am

CDSoundMaster is pleased to announce the release of R2R - The Essential Analog Tape Collection, and Tape Booster Plus Audio Plug-Ins for Windows PC VST 32 Bit and 64 Bit (Mac AU and VST soon to follow).

These new Stand-Alone Audio Plug-Ins feature the best programs from the library in stunning 3D GUI form, replicating the original classic tape machines for use in any PC host DAW that supports VST technology. R2R includes multiple tape media specific to each machine, along with slow and fast tape speeds for maximum flexibility.

Tape Booster Plus has been created to compliment R2R by adding authentic harmonic distortion to add the effect of higher gain input levels to your choice of R2R programs.

While R2R recreates the actual frequency spectrum, dynamic range, and harmonic non-linearities of the specific analog tape machines, Tape Booster Plus further increases the perceived volume using realistic tape saturation gain.

Both Plug-Ins are available separately or together as a combo. R2R Nebula Pro Customers please email me for your special discount for the stand alone vst's.

Product Pages:

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Softw ... lugin.html

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Softw ... lugin.html

Video:
http://youtu.be/zVmSN8eYmVc

We hope that you enjoy these!
God Bless You,
Michael
CDS
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: R2R & Tape Booster Plus Acqua VST's From CDSoundMaster!

Postby teknik » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:08 am

Fantastic news Michael, please let us know as soon as the Mac AU is available!
teknik
User Level II
User Level II

Postby richie43 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:04 pm

I have these and even if you own the Nebula versions, these are more than worth buying. They load very fast, and at least on my system, they are more CPU efficient than Nebula. And even though this is not important, especially for us who have grown accustomed to bland GUI's (Nebula is not exactly pretty, but it's the SOUND we love!, the GUI's on these new releases are gorgeous. I have been using these for a few days since I admit that i stalk the 3rd party Neb devs websites and bought these before they had been officially announced on this forum, and I gotta say that my work-flow has sped up quite a bit. Check these out!! Very very nice work, as usual, by one of the finest (and nicest!) devs out there.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:46 pm

It seems that these releases aren't getting as much attention as I expected, so here is a real-world user update;
I already owned the Nebula version of both of these plugins, and as I have said already, they are much easier and quicker on my system. But the strangest thing that I have noticed is that upon comparing the same tape emulations (Aqua version compared to Nebula preset) my ears are liking the Aqua versions nearly 100% of the time. I even had my wife run the tests so I could be the blind listener. I have no idea why I am getting these results, but I am. So I am still strongly urging all of you audio geeks that want some tape vibe in your music to give these a try.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby SWAN » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 pm

what is the cost of these if you own the Nebula libs?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:05 pm

richie43 wrote:It seems that these releases aren't getting as much attention as I expected, so here is a real-world user update;
I already owned the Nebula version of both of these plugins, and as I have said already, they are much easier and quicker on my system. But the strangest thing that I have noticed is that upon comparing the same tape emulations (Aqua version compared to Nebula preset) my ears are liking the Aqua versions nearly 100% of the time. I even had my wife run the tests so I could be the blind listener. I have no idea why I am getting these results, but I am. So I am still strongly urging all of you audio geeks that want some tape vibe in your music to give these a try.

Hi Richie, if you get a chance, could you post some R2R/Aqua examples using the same presets? I'm very curious about it since "mercado_negro" reported the same thing
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:59 am

SWAN wrote:what is the cost of these if you own the Nebula libs?

Contact Michael Angel of CDSM. He is easy to work with and usually responds very quickly. I can't remember the price and can't seem to find my paypal email.... ah, flaky musician. I do remember that it is a great price, but I find that to be the norm for CDSM.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:02 am

yr wrote:
Hi Richie, if you get a chance, could you post some R2R/Aqua examples using the same presets? I'm very curious about it since "mercado_negro" reported the same thing

I'll work something up for you, but it may take some time. The difference between the 2 on a master or just a stereo mix is not as noticeable as the differences on a full mix where you have processed many tracks in layers Just like any Nebula/Aqua phenomena. So I will dig up my simplest project that I can do this with, since I didn't keep the other tests.....
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby faun2500 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:50 am

richie43 wrote:It seems that these releases aren't getting as much attention as I expected, so here is a real-world user update;

It's a money thing for me I'm afraid. I would love to have plug in versions of the tapes as I use them all the time but I cant buy something I have already! :(

I'm sure they sound great but I would be more interested in the tube booster for the vintage tube collection, have you tried that Richie?
Forthcoming releases on: Black Heart Label, Hyperdrive and Transfixion. http://soundcloud.com/100mg. 6 FREE Downloads on my soundcloud page. Nebula ALL over these trax!
faun2500
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:22 am

faun2500 wrote:It's a money thing for me I'm afraid. I would love to have plug in versions of the tapes as I use them all the time but I cant buy something I have already! :(

I'm sure they sound great but I would be more interested in the tube booster for the vintage tube collection, have you tried that Richie?

I totally understand the money thing, I presently have what my wife calls "a halt on spending".... But, yes, I do have the tube-booster Nebula library. It is as cool as the tape booster, and as useful, just in a "tubey" way instead of tape. It is great alone, but really shines used with the Vintage Tube Collection, much like R2R&TB+ work well alone but even better together.... Ah, money.... who needs it? Oh yeah, WE DO!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries