Login

How close are we to the first wave64 Library?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

How close are we to the first wave64 Library?

Postby mightymosaic » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 am

Im crazzzzy curious to how this is going to change the Production and engineering world ( even more than how nebula has already changed it ) Any news? Anything at all? How hard is the process going to be? is it the same as now? Do any developers need any help? What are the major changes we are going to see? I remember a thread where Henry Olanga pretty much stated that once Nebula starts using Wave64 There will literally be no need for analog equipment ever again. Ne ways im super stoked !

Mosaic
mightymosaic

Re: How close are we to the first wave64 Library?

Postby jorismak » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:08 am

I think you're thinking of something different then.

As far as I know (but please correct me if wrong) the Wave64 thing just allows for bigger wave files.

NAT was hitting a 2gb file limit while processing stuff, so developers had to work around it (shorter test tones and stuff I guess, no clue) and that limit is now gone.

In the processing there isn't much more. Nebula already had 64bit precision in it's sampling from what I see in the old NAT.

So I'm thinking it's only to come over the 2GB file limit. But 1st party and 3rd party devs have more detail about this than I.
jorismak

Re: How close are we to the first wave64 Library?

Postby Support » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:23 am

Wave64 and RF64 wave format are very similar. Wave64 is a proprietary format from Sony. Both are similar to BWF but with 64 bits header. In RF64 you can create one single file with oo number of files inside, in that way RME, Piramix, Sound Devices record multitack sessions, it's a more efficient way and you avoid time dismatch between audio files.

Sampling more steps, and repeats will able 3rd developers to create better emulation preset, more detailed with less SNR or more Kernels but you will need a really powerful computers (= x4 to x8 i7 4770!)

The biggest improvement is to get new level standard for current delivery type of media (digital delivery). ITU 1770-3 and Kmeter V2 will make able us to back to a more dynamic music mix and masters.

While in video they were from analog SD to digital HD, Full HD, 4K and 8K (for Japan 2020). In audio we still work in 24/44 with -0.2 dB peak. It's time for better microphones, better preamps, better AD/DA, better loudspeakers and also stop abusing of the brick-wall limiter.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries