Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Dynamics : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Dynamics : RELEASED !

Postby garrick » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:31 am

Cheers rj you've always been a wealth of info on the reaper forum and I'm sure I'll pick your brains further :)

@Alex I already have your German and vintage console, and couple of your eqs, you are updating your whole collection, will they be paid updates?

No problem if it is a paid updates, just want to know so I can put the money aside.

Cheers
garrick
User Level I
User Level I

Postby sidewinder » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:31 am

This thing is awesommmmeeee. Believe me, it can squeeze hard if you want it to!
sidewinder
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby cehas » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:39 am

RJHollins wrote: the entire base foundation just comes up and solidifies

Yep, that's exactly what it does. It also adds clarity in a non-harsh way. The whole 88RS setup was designed from top to bottom to be THE ultimate production center. That's what you expect when you pay 700,000$, right?

If you can't produce great sounding tracks with the 88RS gear, fuggedaboutit.. I think we're pretty fortunate to have this stuff :P
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby nonstandardryder » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:25 pm

any chance this stuff is coming to acqua? or updated with guis for nebula 4?
nonstandardryder

Postby richie43 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:24 am

nonstandardryder wrote:any chance this stuff is coming to acqua? or updated with guis for nebula 4?

See my response in the other thread that you asked the same question in!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi to all,

I'm sorry to have been very busy to reply in the forum and also.. I have had a serious accident on the highway: I was on my stopped car in the traffic and an offroad has crashed with mine. My car has been half destroyed and I've had a cerebral contusion and some minor bruises on the body. Now I'm almost fine but not 100% yet.

Returning to the MFD, I have developed a new sampling technique which used with my custom built converters (they performs a lot better than Weiss and Prism) it gives me the greatest quality in audio allowing me to program the preset in a different way compared to the previous, maintaining a good compromise between audio quality (first) and usability. So we don't expect a super fast compressor which can stop hyper-space transient, even in the hardware it's really hard to find this. I have compared the hardware with the MFD and they sound pretty the same on some audio samples which I've used to test them: kick drum, conga, electric guitar, electric bass, snare, nylon guitar, sax, voices...
About attack time. In the hardware 1ms is not 1ms really. Transient taming is achieved by attack time which controls the compressor's internal sidechain and by harmonic saturation also (input transformer, VCA, line amp etc). I have tried to reproduce this into Nebula world.
If you need a superfast compressor to squash the fast sound, I'm the first to say that you may better to use a digital compressor.

I would just clarify that 88RS was built by AMS N**e and not by Mr. Rupert N**e. Mr. N**e builds the 5088 and portico series which I call "white console-eq-dynamics-tape...".

At the moment I don't think to release any acqua plugin or GUI for N4... I prefer to spend my time for the sound, since we mix with the ears and not with the eyes.

Upgrades. I start to upgrade the first old library in the next days, it will be the Modern Tube Console. It has been resampled at both sample rate (44.1 and 96kHz) and the preset has been reorganized as MFC, this organization will be the new standard for my libraries. I'll ask a little fee to upgrade and if this new release will be a success, then I'll still upgrade the other libraries.

With this MTC v2 will be released the MTeQ and MTD (yeah a new trio).
MTeQ it's the parametric tube equalizer by MTC (the TLAudio VTC, if you don't remember)
The MTC has been modified to improve the sound by polish the audio path and replacing tubes with nos ones. Now with the "v2" the DC path has been improved and the console sounds more alive.
MTD is the classic C1 tube compressor by TLAudio which has been heavily modified to improve both sound and performance.

I like tubes and I think this new trio will open a new dimension on the ITB sound.

Ok, that's all.
Thanks
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby yr » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:56 pm

sounds like a terrible accident. I wish you a speedy (full) recovery.
Reuven | post-production & sound-design | scenography |
website | nebula presets
yr
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWANG » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:36 pm

:shock: please get well, alex! thank you for logging in with an update.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby nonstandardryder » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:43 pm

AlexB wrote:At the moment I don't think to release any acqua plugin or GUI for N4... I prefer to spend my time for the sound, since we mix with the ears and not with the eyes.

Will the v2 programs support multi band eq presets? or do you have to load the eq's one band at a time?

I ask about acqua and n4 gui because of the multi band eqs. I personally ok with no gui as long as I can get all bands/settings at once. Like trinity eq does.

Feel better soon!
nonstandardryder

Postby RJHollins » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Sincere best wishes for complete, speedy recovery AlexB !

RJHollins
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries