Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Dynamics : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Dynamics : RELEASED !

Postby tyrrell » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:26 am

It does sound great! I too am trying to just except that it sounds great with out having to know all the details. Many of which I wouldn't understand anyway
tyrrell
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Melon_Jack » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:08 am

June and July 2014 - Nebula Compressor fever)))))
Digging into demo.)
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby jorismak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:53 am

Kinda weird reply to be honest. Not asking for your NAT secrets, just asking if it sounds good because of advances in the Nebula engine or just because the unit doesn't need all kind of tricks.. Or something else...

Asking for clarification about some parts of your product seems like a normal thing to do, and I just want to make sure I'm not going to regret buying stuff if I'm hitting it's limits in due time or something.
jorismak

Postby pleplo » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:41 am

I also found the alexb reply a bit hard. alexb seem like a smart nice guy. not to be racist but kind of in a Italian way maybe? ;) they make good food, sure of them self and smell toooo good :) keep it cool guys i'm sure its good stuff. just stay polite.
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby drecchiarex » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Well this thread turned to crap awfully quick. :lol:
drecchiarex
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Andrums » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Tested MFD.
It still distorts low end material
For example Complex compressor works much better with low end and first of all it has 48 and 88.2 programs
Andrums

Postby darkskar » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:23 pm

jorismak wrote:But the RATE in the demo is still set at 2.666 ms which would mean it can't react faster than that, right?

From the MFD Manual:

<<Attack Control
The “ATT” control defines the attack time of the compressor. Attack time is the duration
between the input signal reaching the threshold and processing being applied.
The range is variable from 1ms to 7ms>>

Here a screenshot of the MFD using 1ms of attack:

Cheers!
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jorismak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:50 pm

*sigh*. It's not about what the attack time says on the knob. I've used the demo. I could see for myself.

It's if the program actually manages to do it, and more importantly (independant from attack setting) if t doesn't kill the transients like old Nebula compressors did (kinda sound like it still does).

'Andrums' says he still has distortion.. but that could be because sometimes compressors just do that if you hit low-end stuff to hard :).

From using the demo the sound is nice, but it doesn't seem to get the 1ms attack OK, specially noticeable on kick drums. I was just asking if this was what the hardware actually did, or a Nebula limitation, or whatever. Not meant to put anybody on the spot or something. Couldn't care about sampling rates to be honest :P.

Just have an uneasy 'feeling' about Nebula compressors and wanted some reassurance I don't get from the demo. If Alex doesn't want to give any because he's crazy busy, that's OK and his decision. I'll just see for myself what I do.
Last edited by jorismak on Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorismak

Postby marcpl » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:52 pm

@pleplo
Italian isn't a race, it's a nationality. you aren't a racist, you're a bigot. and nothing that you said was very polite.

@everyone else
IMHO the major flaw with nebula is that you have to manually change plugin parameters according to the developer's instructions (ie. edit the xml file).
shouldn't that be a function of the plugin? shouldn't loading a program make those changes for you according to the settings that the library developer finds to be best for that particular program.

i personally have no interest in having separate DLLs and XMLs for all of my libraries. it would be great if nebula were smarter and could make those changes automatically when a program is loaded.

anyway, that's why i'm still a big fan of alex's libraries. they sound great and you don't have to tweak the nebula engine in order to use them. just my 2 cents.
looking forward to purchasing MFD.

marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jordifitogiralt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Espectacular. Good job!
jordifitogiralt
User Level 0
User Level 0

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries