Login

U76 drums Limiter released!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: U76 drums Limiter released!

Postby deehope » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:50 am

The fact that you have to even state disclaimers is ridiculous. You're one of the top voices for me on this forum. Everything you've said is spot on. Your cred is 100% with me man. Tons of libraries would go under the radar if you didn't bring them up. Keep doing what your doing man.
richie43 wrote:As some of you may know, I test for many of the devs here. While this gives me great insight into what all of the devs are up to, it also in some ways takes away me "cred" as a paying customer so my opinions may seem weighted and biased. So I just wanted to post here and say that even though I tested for Tim, I just purchased this library so I can honestly say (as a customer) that this is an amazing sampling of a device that is very hard to deliver in Nebula form. Other devs have also done super fine jobs with other "76"'s. There is so much mojo to choose from for us Nebula users that it can get to seem overwhelming for many people. What makes this sampling different than any of the others is it's "realism" at the ultra-fast settings. Yes, Tim says it is "for drums". I am having huge success with other things too (Amazing on drums though, indeed!). Even if I don't buy a library I test and write a review, I would never say anything I didn't feel 100%, so it's not like this is the first time I was honest...lol. But Tim Petherick is doing some really "ahead of his time" releases and I feel like they are going under the radar somehow...so this is my way of saying "WHY??". Check this one out goofballs!!!
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:34 am

marcpl wrote:geeezzz...not another 'I know I say that every new library is the best nebula library ever released but THIS is the BEST nebula library ever released'.

blah, blah, blah.

sincerely,
goofball!

No one said it was the best ever released. I just said that Tim is doing some really nice stuff and I am surprised that this one in is not getting attention. Don't be so negative. Blah blah blah yourself... :P
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mtalavera » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:59 am

In Tim's post announcing the Complex compressor he states that the nebula reverb instance should be used and Nebula's ahead should be set to 6.0ms in master page. I'm assuming that no such tweak is needed for this library as I don't see it mentioned in the initial post.

I'm going to go ahead and make my custom Nebula version using Nebula Setup, so easy enough to add any tweaks in case Tim can comment.
mtalavera

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:13 am

Ok,

If your using the no ahead programs then settings don't matter to much.
If you use the ahead versions you'll need a ahead of at least 1ms and a fairly high buffer say 1024, the higher buffer will allow the ahead to work correctly. For example 512 you may get problems. This I believe actually applies to most libraries although I've not had the chance to test many presets. The ahead is set to a specific value inside the preset for u76 so there is no slider for this

The complex I recommended 6ms because the slider states 6ms.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:13 am

Ok,

If your using the non ahead programs then the settings don't matter to much.
If you use the ahead versions you'll need a ahead of at least 1ms and a fairly high buffer say 1024, the higher buffer will allow the ahead to work correctly. For example 512 you may get problems. This I believe actually applies to most libraries although I've not had the chance to test many presets. The ahead is set to a specific value inside the preset for u76 so there is no slider for this

Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:...If you use the ahead versions you'll need a ahead of at least 1ms and a fairly high buffer say 1024, the higher buffer will allow the ahead to work correctly. For example 512 you may get problems. This I believe actually applies to most libraries although I've not had the chance to test many presets...

Very interesting tip...in a few more years I may actually have Nebula set up correctly...thanks to the tips from preset devs and end users. 8-)
kylen

Postby mtalavera » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Ok,

If your using the non ahead programs then the settings don't matter to much.

So I'll need to create two different custom versions with Nebula Setup, one for the no ahead programs and one for the ahead with the tweaks mentioned by Tim.
mtalavera

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:29 pm

To be on the safe side you could just max the ahead parameter for both complex and u76. Did you buy both?

U76 has a internal setting for ahead which is approximately 0.720ms,this means the master ahead must be set above this value in order to make it work. Also low buffer settings will disturb the way the ahead works.

It's up to you, you could create to setups for the u76 ahead or non ahead or could just have one that covers both settings...
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:31 pm

mtalavera wrote:So I'll need to create two different custom versions with Nebula Setup, one for the no ahead programs and one for the ahead with the tweaks mentioned by Tim.

I just apply the small tweak and use it for any compressor. If the preset does not need it, it will not affect your Nebula use. But if you don't have the ahead changed, the presets that benefit will not have it. So just make the ahead tweak to the reverb.dll that Nebula Setups is using for the base template for making custom dll's.... (My opinion). Or at least, make a tweaked dll for the TimP compressors and use it for all of them.
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby richie43 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:To be on the safe side you could just max the ahead parameter for both complex and u76. Did you buy both?

U76 has a internal setting for ahead which is approximately 0.720ms,this means the master ahead must be set above this value in order to make it work. Also low buffer settings will disturb the way the ahead works.

It's up to you, you could create to setups for the u76 ahead or non ahead or could just have one that covers both settings...

Ha ha....what he said.....
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries