Login

U76 drums Limiter released!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

U76 drums Limiter released!

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:29 pm

As you can see from the title this release is primarily for drums but will still work on other instruments well, I feel speeds I'm using on nebula will be to fast for bass etc, not unless you slow down the attack.

at a later point I will make some slower versions even better for other instruments.

So this is a modern version of the 1176 classic, which is a little different sounding to the original limiters. These presets do the fast attack and release! I feel that this set is pretty convincing. ALL buttons mode would be best left for drums as its so fast It may give undesirable results on other instruments. All button presets come in slow attack and fast attack style presets with a added Fine attack tune (labelled ATK2). Features ALL button Mode and ratios 20 ,12, 8, 4. Stereo, mono presets. ALL button Mode and ratios 20 ,12, 8, 4. Stereo, mono presets. Pack includes all sample rates 44.1,48,88.2 and 96.

Important-for ahead versions use at least 1ms ahead in master page and a higher buffer 1024 or more to get the right results.

Preview clips at

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads/u76-limiter/

Update; more Programs added (no ahead, more accurate tone) and Low quality demo available on the website
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: U76 for drums released!

Postby SWANG » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm

aaahhhh!!! more please!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

seriously, congratz on these great new releases, tim. any timeline on the other instruments presets?
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: U76 for drums released!

Postby Tim Petherick » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:41 pm

I don't know yet. I have to finish many more things first.

These will work on other instruments but not allways at fast attack and release speeds. I've been told the set works well on other instruments too. I think I will do some sound clips for this. For example you can get the all button modes distortion on vocals very well.

Mr cal1656 will also be making a return. Amongst other library's!

Update; more Programs added (no ahead, more accurate tone) and Low quality demo available on the website
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: U76 drums Limiter released!

Postby richie43 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 am

I have been playing with this alot lately and am finding it awesome with many sources. Like Tim says, if you are using on things other than drums, the faster settings are more of a hit-or-miss (have been for me). Of course, if you are looking for a more "extreme" sound, or even an "fx", then the fastest settings may be awesome on anything! But I have been loving these on drum busses AND individual drums. Like any good hardware, I had to mess around and find sweet-spots (this is not a drop on track and walk away library. But I see that as a great thing. But what has been really delightfully surprising is how great it sounds on some vocals, clean guitars, even acoustic guitars and some B3 tracks I have been working with. This is not a one trick pony library, don't let the creator of this library's description ("for drums") scare you off, this is an awesome and versatile compressor library. What is most exciting to me about this though is that this is a very solid and amazingly "realistic" sampling, and in the compression world for Nebula, having great compressor libraries for fast hardware like this is a new thing. Scoop this up and be amazed.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:16 pm

As I'm also waiting for CDMS upcoming compressor release, which will hopefully be out soon, I really want to pick up something from Tim. But it looks like he has two competing products at this time as they both seem to be primarily, I realize not specifically, for drums.

Am I missing something and that this and the Complex compressor are really used for different purposes?
mtalavera

Postby Tim Petherick » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:24 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your post, maybe I can explain a bit better.

Complex was not really specifically intended for drums however, those units have most famously been used for drum rooms, overheads etc. one thing I will say is that the timings are very easy to manipulate and are predictable and can used for other sources. I would say it sounds like a cross between a 1176 and something with more pop like a D*x.

The u76 I mentioned being a primarily a drum compressor because it's program dependant and I came up with a technique of capturing a fast material sound.As this probably what it's most Likely to see. the capacitor charging is one of the reasons that 1176 lengthen there release time. Also I believe there are other reasons of release times are lengthening in the 1176 which I had captured in the sampling, I could go into some more details into other program dependant things that happen with old style compressors which have been captured. ... Now that means other fast transient material would be at home to get a more accurate feel of the interaction that does not stop you from using It on other instruments.
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:30 pm

mtalavera wrote:As I'm also waiting for CDMS upcoming compressor release, which will hopefully be out soon, I really want to pick up something from Tim. But it looks like he has two competing products at this time as they both seem to be primarily, I realize not specifically, for drums.

Am I missing something and that this and the Complex compressor are really used for different purposes?

Don't limit yourself (ooh, a pun) by using any preset/library/plugin/hardware for only a specific source:TRY THIS STUFF ON EVERYTHING.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby mtalavera » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:Hi,

Thanks for your post, maybe I can explain a bit better.

Complex was not really specifically intended for drums however, those units have most famously been used for drum rooms, overheads etc. one thing I will say is that the timings are very easy to manipulate and are predictable and can used for other sources. I would say it sounds like a cross between a 1176 and something with more pop like a D*x.

The u76 I mentioned being a primarily a drum compressor because it's program dependant and I came up with a technique of capturing a fast material sound.As this probably what it's most Likely to see. the capacitor charging is one of the reasons that 1176 lengthen there release time. Also I believe there are other reasons of release times are lengthening in the 1176 which I had captured in the sampling, I could go into some more details into other program dependant things that happen with old style compressors which have been captured. ... Now that means other fast transient material would be at home to get a more accurate feel of the interaction that does not stop you from using It on other instruments.

Ugh, can't decide, so I'm just going to get them both :D
mtalavera

Postby richie43 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:23 am

As some of you may know, I test for many of the devs here. While this gives me great insight into what all of the devs are up to, it also in some ways takes away me "cred" as a paying customer so my opinions may seem weighted and biased. So I just wanted to post here and say that even though I tested for Tim, I just purchased this library so I can honestly say (as a customer) that this is an amazing sampling of a device that is very hard to deliver in Nebula form. Other devs have also done super fine jobs with other "76"'s. There is so much mojo to choose from for us Nebula users that it can get to seem overwhelming for many people. What makes this sampling different than any of the others is it's "realism" at the ultra-fast settings. Yes, Tim says it is "for drums". I am having huge success with other things too (Amazing on drums though, indeed!). Even if I don't buy a library I test and write a review, I would never say anything I didn't feel 100%, so it's not like this is the first time I was honest...lol. But Tim Petherick is doing some really "ahead of his time" releases and I feel like they are going under the radar somehow...so this is my way of saying "WHY??". Check this one out goofballs!!!
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby marcpl » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:52 am

geeezzz...not another 'I know I say that every new library is the best nebula library ever released but THIS is the BEST nebula library ever released'.

blah, blah, blah.

sincerely,
goofball!
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries