Login

NEW COMPLEX compressor/limiter released

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

NEW COMPLEX compressor/limiter released

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:23 pm

My first commercial compressor release! I had my reasons for only releasing limiters until now

So-

Late 70's mono drum slammer, this can be used on other sources too but just maybe more preferable on percussive instruments.It scoops the low mids on greater gain reduction,can be great for compressing and cleaning up at the same time.

The presets come in Basic versions and extra Features versions. The main reason for this is that I feel the side chain and the ahead in nebula adds a touch of it's own sound to the presets even at zero. I've decide to release all sample rates (44.1,48,88.2,96) in one pack, so you can experiment with various sample rates.

Basic Programs are the essential controls Attack, release and threshold. Features Programs version adds HPF, AHEAD and dry to the presets control specs as follows, release approx; .015-1.5 sec, ratio; 1.25-20.1, hpf; 0-200hz, AHEAD 0-6ms .

tips on use- For this set use nebula reverb instance Nebula's ahead should be set to 6.0ms in master page, if you can't see master page functions you probably need to change the mode from 0 simple to guru. changing the ahead to 6.0ms means you can get full use out of the ahead slider for clamping down on transients (note- * next to parameters in master page means save and reload to take affect). Use a MEDIUM buffer setting for features version, I say this because nebula seems to get strange and miss of attacks on lower buffer settings when ahead is used.

free presets available on my website with a ratio of 3:1 and 4 kernals

Only £13 at this time-

http://www.timpetherick.co.uk/downloads ... omplimiter
Last edited by Tim Petherick on Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Re: NEW COMPLEX compressor/limiter released

Postby vicnestE » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Congrats on the release!!

It sounds fantastic punchy utilizing built-in HPF in 2bus too.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SWANG » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:59 pm

yes!!! it's mine! :D

thanks, tim...
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby indelible » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:58 pm

Not so impressed with the audio demos.For example the punk drums sound way better dry.I have to try it out
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:13 pm

indelible wrote:Not so impressed with the audio demos.For example the punk drums sound way better dry.I have to try it out

What would you like to hear?. I mean I guess I did brute the drums on the samples I made.... the 20:1 ratios are extreme. This was to purely show that the timings were close.Maybe some more subtle compression would be what you want to listen to?

Thanks
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby indelible » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Tim Petherick wrote:
indelible wrote:Not so impressed with the audio demos.For example the punk drums sound way better dry.I have to try it out

What would you like to hear?. I mean I guess I did brute the drums on the samples I made.... the 20:1 ratios are extreme. This was to purely show that the timings were close.Maybe some more subtle compression would be what you want to listen to?

Thanks

I'm after lighter compression settings.It sounds good for a 20:1 compression but I never use such extreme settings.Just like the dry version better on the Punk drums example.I have to play with the demo program
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Tim Petherick » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Ok

If your looking for lighter I would sat this is not a light compressor! :D

But anyway I will have some other compressors that should be better for that sort of thing...
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby zaminx » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:44 pm

I have owned a couple of ADR compex 760X so I am looking forward to testing this libary.
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SWAN » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:08 am

this is a really excellent library - it can be subtle if you use the 'featured' version - and mix in some dry - or use it in parallel...

Also it has the lower ratios which are more gentle.

But to be honest - this compressor spanks. It sounds so good its difficult to use it lightly! Can really make a snare pop out of the speakers...its hardcore.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Melon_Jack » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:34 am

*___* I love this SMACK! 5:1 ratio are really good for drum room!
Just now compared it with UAD Fairchild MKII on Room track and want to throw FC away. Smack, sustain and character.
Awesome job, Tim!
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries