Login

Reverb / room for Guitar

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Reverb / room for Guitar

Postby fr3udes » Tue May 13, 2014 2:09 pm

I misread somewhere (GS ?) that reverb was the HQ instance. Thanks for the update on this.

But now, how do i know which lib *MUST* be loaded into reverb, appart from reverbs of course ?

And, probably OT but what should i buy from Ownhammer ?
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby jorismak » Tue May 13, 2014 3:12 pm

fr3udes wrote:But now, how do i know which lib *MUST* be loaded into reverb, appart from reverbs of course ?

Good question, which I can't really answer to be honest. When it sounds really bad? When you only get stuttering? I don't know.
Maybe it is the case that the 'low latency' version always works, it just takes up so much CPU time that you can't run anything in it :). Ask Giancarlo about this I think

fr3udes wrote:And, probably OT but what should i buy from Ownhammer ?

Well that depends.
First thing: I like a lot of stuff he does. A lot. Doesn't mean it is for everyone. His stuff differs from a lot of choice per cab (lots of different mics and mic positions) in the old stuff, to more straight to the point (more speakers, but less options per speaker) in the newer stuff. So it's easier to browse between all the tones to pick something you like, but I have to say: Doesn't mean the stuff he does is mix-ready. Doing some EQ work on it to your taste is not a bad thing.
For example, I generally find his stuff on the darker side, so I almost always brighten it up a bit. In the end I just think his stuff + high shelf sounds better than other impulses I tried that are already bright :). But, please decide for your self.

Second thing: Depends if you go for recording (nebula?) or live tones (wav impulse / axe / kemper). And if you like playing around with old vintage style speakers or just like playing more high gainy modern stuff.

Third: Depends where you 'are' sonically. Do you really here miniscule differences and want the best? His older Nebula stuff wasn't dynamically-captured for instance, so the improvements over impulses where smaller (better frequency response + harmonics, but that's it). The later stuff he does actually uses dynamic programs, so the capture responds differently to a soft or a loud signal. If you're a dynamic player this can be important, if you put the gain maxed out all the time, it won't really matter.

If you really wondering if it's an improvement over what you use already, you can always post some poweramp-out stuff here (the output of an amp sim without any cabinet emulation, or the output of a preamp or poweramp recorded directly) and ask me to apply some of his stuff to it. Then you can say for yourself if you like it or not.

I got his V2 Mesa library, his V2 4x12bogner library, studio mix marshall modern + vintage, bogner 2x12 vintage studio mix, 'deluxe 1x12' vintage studio mix, his latest 'high gain essentials' mini packs (wav only, no nebula) and a lot (but not all) of his poweramp-captures. I do have his two pedal-captures, but I never use them and I don't have his channel-color stuff (already got too much other nebula stuff) and I don't have his TitanEQ (already got too much EQs :)). If you have stems to run through something, I'd be happy to demo something (since he doesn't have any tryout-packs of course :)).
jorismak

Postby fr3udes » Tue May 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Waow, thanks for the big picture.

I usually just need a beautiful/sober clean to lightly crunch guitar sound (got all the power i need when i have to do noise).

Examples :

The For Carnation- Grace Beneath the Pines
Slint - Washer

Simple things, but always the more difficult to achieve. I use a Telecaster and a SG as my main sources.

Of course, i may also plug my sublime original CMV563 M7 and capture my beautiful original Super Reverb 69 amp, but... i'd love to do it itb.
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Formbank » Tue May 13, 2014 8:04 pm

I always use nebula cabs 'live' - that is, playing through using the 'standard' version of Nebula.

I have no latency issues and I do it this way to 'play with the sound' I'm hearing, I can't play with an overdriven sound properly otherwise.
Formbank
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby fr3udes » Thu May 15, 2014 11:43 am

Fuuuuu, Ownhammer store is down, can buy anything right now...
fr3udes
User Level V
User Level V

Postby Mirco » Mon May 19, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks goes to everyone mentioning the E.A.R. libraries!

We also offer Phonocamptica 1 & 2 for reverbs, but
especially for guitar verbs (for the one who also loves spring reverbs on their guitar tracks) everyone should also look into our TANKVERB library:

20 different spring reverbs (Core Library) + Additonal variations (Add-On Library). 228 presets (12GB) in total. Each preset comes with a preview and lightweight (clean) program.

http://www.analoginthebox.com/product.php?id=1538

Thanks for listening! :geek:

ciao
Mirco
Mirco

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries