Login

Reverb / room for Guitar

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Reverb / room for Guitar

Postby triggerthehorizon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi, I record my guitars using Ownhammer Nebula Irs, and it's the best sounding solution I've found. The sound is a little dry though and I'd like to add some sort of room sound or reverb, not really a spring reverb effect, just something to make the sound more natural. Is there a third part set, ideally 48 or 96k that excels for adding a little natural room ambiance or reverberation to guitars?
triggerthehorizon
User Level II
User Level II

Re: Reverb / room for Guitar

Postby jorismak » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:42 pm

Use OwnHammer's 'room' captures? :). He doesn't do them anymore on recent Studio Mix stuff I believe.

Anyway, I'm using AITB EAR-Reverbs 'room' package.
Comes in 44.1 and 96, and has a lovely 'guitar room' preset :)

edit: Nope, even my Marshall 4x12 Studio Mix library from OwnHammer comes with a 'room' blend you can add to taste.
jorismak

Postby triggerthehorizon » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

I feel a little silly now, I have all 3 of his Bogner Shiva programs but the one i use is the V2 Studio Pro which has no room capture :(

(Auxiliary Mic Captures Available for all formats except Nebula)

I do have the studio mix Bogner Shiva programs but I haven't found a preset that sounds as much like my actual Bogner Shiva amp as the studio pro presets.

I'll try AITB
triggerthehorizon
User Level II
User Level II

Postby kindafishy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:26 pm

How about the now free Theatre of Life? Seems like it was made just for what you are looking for.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jorismak » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:47 pm

As far as I know he only did one Bogner Shiva library so far.

The 2x12 Bogner Vintage Library. (which is the actual Shiva cab I believe)

The others - if any - are of a 4x12 Bogner Uberkab with chinese V30's, and pretty outdated according to his capture standards. No wonder they don't sound alike, it's a complete different cab :).

But there is a 'room' sampling in the 2x12 Bogner Vintage library, per speaker.

You have access to the older stuff in .wav, so you could use an old IR just for the touch of room in your blend, keep the close-mic Nebula.

Or - seriously - check out AITB EAR Rooms.
jorismak

Postby botus99 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:58 am

I've been using the EAR a lot for guitars too. Obviously, the Guitar Room program is great, but each session is different and I've had luck with the Halls and Ambiances as well.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby triggerthehorizon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:42 am

Thanks for your replies guys. Yeah the v1 and v2 Bogner cabs aren't Shiva, they're just Bogner, my bad. I'll be giving E.A.R a try I guess
triggerthehorizon
User Level II
User Level II

Postby mathias » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:06 am

you could try with one of my free "real room" programs.
they have a natural stereo effect and are all small rooms from my house :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr390cjjrqw4y ... lRooms.zip

mathias
system 1: windows 8 32 bit - samplitude prox, tracktion6, reaper
system 2: mac osx yosemite - reaper(32+64bit), tracktion6(32+64bit)

both systems on: macbook pro (late 2009), core 2 duo 3,06 ghz, 4 gb ram, graphic: nvidia geforce 9600M GT 512 MB
mathias
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Melon_Jack » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:54 am

Guys, i want to buy some IR's from OWnhammer. What u suggest? Bogner Shiva?
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby jorismak » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:14 am

Depends what you want.

Are you more into clean and classic stuff? There is quite a difference between a 1x12, 2x12 and 4x12, let alone if you the vintage speaker-pack or the modern-speaker pack.

If you really want choice between what mic and where to place it (more like to the RedWirez-way) then the _older_ OwnHammer libraries are more like that (single cab, single speaker, lots of mics + positions) but they are older. The newer stuff gives you a single cab, lots of speakers, only some mics in a single 'good sounding' position. Easier to dial in, but less miniscule control.

So it depends what you want.

I think I have pretty much all his 'recent' stuff (1x12 vintage (deluxe cab), 2x12 vintage (bogner shiva), 4x12 vintage (marshall), 4x12 modern (marshall), 4x12 mesa v30en (v2 legacy style), 4x12 bogner standard v30ch (v2 legacy style).

If you have some amp'd tracks without a cab-emulation on it I can apply some stuff on it so you can see how it sounds.

edit: Actually don't know for sure if the 4x12 Bogner is an Uberkab or not. He calls it 'a 4x12 Bogner standard'.
jorismak

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries