Login

Preview - NVC-MFeQ

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Preview - NVC-MFeQ

Postby RJHollins » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 am

Hi everyone ...

Since getting this EQ, I've been experimenting and listening to it in a variety of settings. There is just something about it. Since the entire EQ takes 10 Nebulas to realize, I wanted to dive in deeper and put it through its' paces.

I worked up a proto-type NVC design that brought all 10 elements together.... and then I really began to play. :lol:

Wow ... I don't know if it's just THIS eq, or the new techniques that AlexB has devised .... or BOTH. This is just a great sounding EQ ... but ... you don't really hear it eq'd :o I can go from radical to subtle, broad strokes to surgical ... and this EQ just delivers. Even running all 10 bands with full kernels sound great [although I usually find that I still pick and choose which bands run full and which are clean].

Here's a screen shot of the current main GUI design:
NVC-MFeQ - Main GUI.jpg

It's a rather large interface. I've consider how I might condense it [along the lines of the Mammoth MINI] ... but the more I work with this, the more I'm liking everything available at a glance.

If I was to condense it, I think the first things I'd drop are the Drive and G-Drv sections. I just really don't find use for them. :roll: Still ... the size would be there since all knobs are interpolated values. I like to have the 'elbow room' to be able to make finer adjustments [even though the {SHIFT-Key}-mouse allows for that].

Anyway ... wanted to show a preview of one of the NVC projects, maybe get some feedback or opinions on the design.

later 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: Preview - NVC-MFeQ

Postby koda » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 pm

GUI is ok don't worry to make it smaller! go go go
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Re: Preview - NVC-MFeQ

Postby RJHollins » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:40 pm

thanks koda ;)

Enjoy working with this EQ so much, it's been tough to break away and continue with the design :lol:

But 'playing' is part of the Dev process. :)

The core NVC has been solid. Right now I'm tweaking the GUI to make it as clean and functional.

The 'new' current look:
NVC-MFeQ - Main GUI-2.jpg
GUI v2

Just a few changes. The EQ in/out switches have the indicator LED within the button. This allows the full surface to be used to activate. This just seems a bit cleaner visually, while providing a larger 'select' area. I also recessed the G-DRV/Drive section with a darker background to separate better focus to the EQ knobs.

The issue of the GAINS not setting to exact zero is due to Nebula's MIDI scaling. This may be rectified in a future Nebula possibly [From talking with <G>, this is more complex than one would assume], we'll have to see.

Overall, working with this EQ has been remarkable with the NVC. :mrgreen:

until later 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries