Login

EvolutionCabs 4 free new cab programs

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

EvolutionCabs 4 free new cab programs

Postby FF666 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi, I have called this little project EvolutionCabs.
Just 4 different cabs and only one mic position at the sweet spot of the cab. It took me a lot of time getting good results and I'm not the best at miking amps, so to avoid phase problems or bad sounding programs I decided to use only what I thought at that moment was the best mic position.
Read the welcome and quick guide to understand the programs, and for your protection, USE A LIMITER in the master. Inputs in nebula above -8db could cause huge abnormal noises.
I used a 5150 poweramp at high volume. Programs have high harmonics or distortion in the low end, add a highpass filter if you think it's necessary
If you like these programs, recommend to your friends.
At the moment I have no more free time to make new programs. Maybe in a distant future...

I hope you enjoy the programs, thanks for your time.

http://evolutioncabs.wordpress.com/
Last edited by FF666 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FF666
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: EvolutionCabs 4 free new cab programs

Postby zaminx » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Very generous thank you
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jorismak » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:22 pm

from all across guitarampmodeling.com, welcome to here :P.

Question, what kind of session did you use? I seem to be getting the best results with using reverb-sessions in NAT while sampling guitar cabs :)
jorismak

Postby FF666 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:37 am

After many tests I think that "distorted pre 7 kernels smooth 2" works very accurate.

Oh, and if you think 4 programs are not enough for you, fortunately 3 of them are phase compatible, at least in my tests. Not 100% but almost. You can mix them to get hybrid sounds.

Cromagnon is compatible with Erectus and Neanderthal, but in this last case you need to switch the phase (180º) in one of them. Erectus and Neanderthal are compatibles, but you need also to switch the phase.
Sadly, Habilis is not phase compatible with the other cabs, but doesn't sound but at all combined with cromagnon. 
Neanderthal and Erectus sound similar, but Cromagnon program has captured a little more room. Combine them as you like!.
Last edited by FF666 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
FF666
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jorismak » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:26 am

thanks, will try to run my cheap cab through some captures of that session-file.

Since IR's were primarily used for reverbs (and you want some subtle room sound in your guitar recordings most of the time) I thought a good reverb session would do the trick. Tried it, liked it and didn't look back so who knows what I am missing :).

I have a cheap cab here, but I like to use my own IR's and nebula-profiles for writing / tone-hunting at night with the amp silent + cab-emulator.

If I find something I like, I know it's possible to get it out of my own cab + mic's, since I use my own cab-sounds.

Use a simple IR of my capture during tracking, then replace it with the nebula version during mixing of the demo. If it's something worthwhile, the DI's go through a series of re-amping sessions to there 's no need for a cab-emulator then. But as I said, knowing that what you used as a demo is actually possible out of your own cab and will only get better with proper mixing, makes me happy :).

That being said, I have to admit that I've been playing around with your Diezel cab the last few days :)
jorismak

Postby FF666 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:50 am

Try combining the programs as I explain in my edited previous post to get some hybrid cabs. The sound doesn't change too much, but you can get more possibilities.
FF666
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jorismak » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:48 am

I will for sure.

Bought MAutoAlign once in a sale, enjoying it ever since. It's amazing what kind of tonal differences you get when delaying one track by as little as 5 samples :).
jorismak

Postby FF666 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:58 am

Humm, today I have tested sampling a cab with the distorted reverb 0,5s session and it sounds pretty good. I would say better than my first tests with distorted preamp 7 kernels. You should try sampling this way, jorismak.
This weekend I'll make new tests with recto cab and a pair of room mics to get bigger sounds.
Erectus take 2 is coming soon :D

Oh I read your explanation about G-Drive at guitarampmodeling. I have tested it and it works, but I don't feel any significative changes.
FF666
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby jorismak » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:43 am

I'm still not sure what to use :).

I did learn to just do it 'offline' though :). I wonder what impact that has. But after testing around I settled on a long testtone (30 seconds long, 15 dynamic-steps in steps of 3.0 dB, and 3 second pause in between).

I sample that testtone and take the files with me.

Then when you load a session (online of offline, all seem to work) you alter the test tone settings in the 'expert' tab to match the testtone you actually recorded.

That way I can try out different sessions without having to record it all the time.

It also helps if you have an amp and/or attenuator with a line out. That way afte recording the testtone, I record some playing / riffing. I record it in exactly the same mic position as I sampled, and I record the line-in from the amp/attenuator.

After deconvolving I apply the created nebula-program to the line-out recording and see how good it matches the real recording. I seem to like the short reverb-programs for heavy stuff, but I like the dynamics of a preamp program for the clean stuff.
jorismak

Postby FF666 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:11 pm

New and more accurate programs, and I have made impulses too this time. Hope you like 'em
http://evolutioncabs.wordpress.com/2014 ... w-irs-too/
FF666
User Level 0
User Level 0

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries