Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship eQualizer: RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship eQualizer: RELEASED !

Postby mtalavera » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:50 pm

jcr@bluelake.ch wrote:Sorry for the stupid question....

I bought it, installed it....and what happens now ?

It doesn't appear in my Nebula instance with the other programs, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Did you go through the authorization process? That process should be explained within the manual that comes with the library I believe. At least it was when I purchased the MFC. That won't make the library not show up in your Nebula menu, though. What version of Nebula are you using? Free, Pro, Server?

Also, you can try to rebuild the Nebula database as described in this Tip of the Month:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=28098

That may not be your issue, but it doesn't hurt either.
mtalavera

Postby jcr@bluelake.ch » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:35 am

mtalavera wrote:
jcr@bluelake.ch wrote:Sorry for the stupid question....

I bought it, installed it....and what happens now ?

It doesn't appear in my Nebula instance with the other programs, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.

Did you go through the authorization process? That process should be explained within the manual that comes with the library I believe. At least it was when I purchased the MFC. That won't make the library not show up in your Nebula menu, though. What version of Nebula are you using? Free, Pro, Server?

Also, you can try to rebuild the Nebula database as described in this Tip of the Month:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=28098

That may not be your issue, but it doesn't hurt either.

No I can't go through the authorization process. In the manual it says:

1.5 - Authorization
Before you can start using the installed library programs you will need to authorize the library.
You have two (2) authorization/license for program library. This is done in a few simple steps.
1- Run your DAW and open Nebula.
2 - Load one preset of the library installed.
3 - Loading this program will fail and Nebula will load the internal “Init” program instead.
This behaviour is wanted and should be expected. During this process Nebula creates a challenge file named
*.ser in the "Nebulatemprepository" folder. (* = the name of the library).

The problem is point 2, I can't load a preset of the library because the library doesn't appear in Nebula.
However I can see the files in the Vectors and Programs folders.
I redid the instalation a couple of times, but it's the same problem.

Thanks for the link, but at this point I prefer not to mess with my Nebula inatalation as everything else works, including other AlexB libraries, and I remember how difficult it was to have everything running....
jcr@bluelake.ch
User Level I
User Level I

Postby jorismak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:52 pm

If the program just won't show up in the Nebula list I can only imagine it's because of an older Nebula version or something?

Or did you mess with your .xml files (or master page) and put 'scanboot' off in the master page, so that it doesn't scan for new programs anymore during start?

Only real tip I can give you is to use the ticket system to get real support from Acustica, they may not even read every day here and know about your problem :P.
jorismak

Postby richie43 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:28 pm

It appears in it's own category. And as has been said and is mentioned in Alex's manual, his new libraries need the newest version of Nebula or they will not appear at all. If you open the "init" screen to see the menu, this is not in the EQ category, All of the new libraries have their own.
Menu.png
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jcr@bluelake.ch » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Thanks to all ad Tim who pmed me explaining the same.

It's probably because I don't have the newest version. I can see in my customer area that I can download a newer one....

Is it easy to install the newer version or should I expect problems ? Will I loose the mods I did to the xml file ?
jcr@bluelake.ch
User Level I
User Level I

Postby jorismak » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm not 100% sure.. But still pretty sure :) :

Make sure you run the upgrade, not the setup. The upgrade seems to be a very clean and easy update.

Xml files should be untouched. If you made copies of the DVD (or vsts) then you have to copy the newer versions of course. But if you only changed the normal Xml files, the changes should still be there.

Only manual thing that sometimes helps and recommend to do anyway, is to clear the 'temp' folder from within your nebula-repoaitory. Do this after updating, but before using Nebula again.
It's not always needed, but sometimes helps and can't hurt.
jorismak

Postby richie43 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:17 am

Just make a simple backup of your Nebula dll's and xml's and run the update. IF anything changes on the xml's, just replace them with the xml's you saved.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby jcr@bluelake.ch » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Ok...I knew it....

I ran the update and now nebula opens in a new skin with an error message, see attached pic.

Funny I still can load the old version in red and that one still works...any idea ?
Attachments
copie.jpg
jcr@bluelake.ch
User Level I
User Level I

Postby mtalavera » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:34 pm

jcr@bluelake.ch wrote:Ok...I knew it....

I ran the update and now nebula opens in a new skin with an error message, see attached pic.

Funny I still can load the old version in red and that one still works...any idea ?

It looks like you may have multiple versions of Nebula installed, and the one you are loading has an incomplete XML file and DATAPATH element, or no XML file at all maybe.

This has happened to me when using the 64-bit version in Reaper 64 when I have the VST path configuration include two different locations and Reaper loads multiple versions of Nebula. When I do the "update" version for Nebula, it creates a acustica64 (may not be the exact name) directory where it updates the new versions of Nebula. Those XML files within that directory are not complete and don't include a DATAPATH element to the nebula repository where your libraries, and most importantly, your authorization file is located. If in your DAW you are loading the version of Nebula located in a different directory, then that is the behavior you are going to see. Check your DAW to see if there is a configuration setting that tells the DAW where to load your VST files. If like Reaper it allows for multiple directory paths, take one of them out and reload your VST files.

I have been using Nebula now for almost a year, and when I first started and did the initial "setup", the DLL file names were different than they are now. Now the DLL names are just Nebula3, where as before they were much longer names. I have been too lazy to actually experiment to see what would happen to my old projects if I were to change the name of the DLL to match what Nebula now uses, which is what I see in your screenshot. So what I have to do is copy the new DLL files from the acustica64 directory into my actual acustica directory, delete the old version DLL, and rename the new one.

So in summary, check to see if your DAW is loading in multiple versions of Nebula, or if the Nebula version it is loading has an incomplete or even missing XML file.
mtalavera

Postby jcr@bluelake.ch » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:43 pm

mtalavera wrote:
jcr@bluelake.ch wrote:Ok...I knew it....

It looks like you may have multiple versions of Nebula installed, and the one you are loading has an incomplete XML file and DATAPATH element, or no XML file at all maybe.

This has happened to me when using the 64-bit version in Reaper 64 when I have the VST path configuration include two different locations and Reaper loads multiple versions of Nebula. When I do the "update" version for Nebula, it creates a acustica64 (may not be the exact name) directory where it updates the new versions of Nebula. Those XML files within that directory are not complete and don't include a DATAPATH element to the nebula repository where your libraries, and most importantly, your authorization file is located. If in your DAW you are loading the version of Nebula located in a different directory, then that is the behavior you are going to see. Check your DAW to see if there is a configuration setting that tells the DAW where to load your VST files. If like Reaper it allows for multiple directory paths, take one of them out and reload your VST files.

I have been using Nebula now for almost a year, and when I first started and did the initial "setup", the DLL file names were different than they are now. Now the DLL names are just Nebula3, where as before they were much longer names. I have been too lazy to actually experiment to see what would happen to my old projects if I were to change the name of the DLL to match what Nebula now uses, which is what I see in your screenshot. So what I have to do is copy the new DLL files from the acustica64 directory into my actual acustica directory, delete the old version DLL, and rename the new one.

So in summary, check to see if your DAW is loading in multiple versions of Nebula, or if the Nebula version it is loading has an incomplete or even missing XML file.

Many thanks for explaining me this.

Indeed I had different VST folders.
I moved all my VST plugins in the same folder and remove the other paths from the DAW.

Now I can see I have 2 nebula dlls, one called Nebula3CoreII64.dll which is release 1.3.492 and still work.
And the other Nebula3.dll which is the latest release but gives me the error message or makes the daw crash.

At the moment I didn't try changing the name of the new one and removing the old one like you said. I have work going on, and I'm afraid that even the old instance stops working... :|
jcr@bluelake.ch
User Level I
User Level I

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries