Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship eQualizer: RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship eQualizer: RELEASED !

Postby Definity » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:23 am

I listen to it, I realized it the worst EQ that Nebula could ever produce!!! Alex and Giancarlo should be ashamed :lol:
Definity

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:35 am

Melon_Jack wrote:RJHollins, yeah, very strange "nasal' low-mids..

well ... actually, at certain narrow Q values, I would expect this type of sound possible. I don't blame this eq at all.

What bothered me is the Q values that are defined in the library, and displayed in the Nebula GUI. If we look closely at certain presets, the Q range values are not defined the same.

The LOW PEAK preset Q range is from .7 to 2
the LOW MID preset is .4 to 10.

This suggest that these are not just some arbitrary values. They must of been defined for a reason.

My question is ... why to they not correspond anywhere near to the value.

I'm not looking at excuses, nor the 'use the ears' mantra. I've no trouble understanding that analogue gear can have a suggested 'tolerance', and that even certain hardware uses a 1-10 display for gain ... NEVER suggesting that this is dB scale ... understood.

If this Q value is meaningless ... then why have different scale ranges in certain presets.

Confusing to say the least. This will not stop me from using this EQ by a long shot ... it is truly an excellent EQ and very flexible. I just like to have solid understanding of the tools I use, not just sonics, but also function.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Melon_Jack » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:40 am

No, i don't blame eq too) This is a gorgeous release that immediately goes to my go-to instruments. Just one strange moment. =))
Alex done a great job, imho.
Sorry for my bad english =))
Melon_Jack

Postby Martinez » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:35 am

This is now my go to eq.
I don't know what I'm even going to do with all my other eq libs.
Martinez

Postby deehope » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Is this able to do the high end airy boost that the doc fear or pultec libraries do? Or is this more of a transparent thing?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Mercado_Negro » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 pm

deehope wrote:Is this able to do the high end airy boost that the doc fear or pultec libraries do? Or is this more of a transparent thing?

No, it doesn't do that but it isn't transparent either. You may get Tim Petherick's SilkEQ for that, I like it better than those two for high end boosts.
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby deehope » Fri May 23, 2014 1:18 am

would you guys say these are also the best analog filters? I'm looking for an eq to replace the kush electras i just sold and this is looking to be the closest thing.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby biscoglio » Tue May 27, 2014 10:57 pm

I simply cannot understand why anyone would bash this EQ. The more I use it, the more I like it :D it's now in my go to list along with a few others like mammoth and songtech. I spent a few hours over the weekend comparing diff nebula libraries and one thing I noticed was the beautiful 3d-like depth this EQ imparts. Please release the dynamics section soon Alex! Nebula continues to get better and better :D
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby Shibata » Wed May 28, 2014 10:08 am

biscoglio wrote:I like it :D it's now in my go to list along with a few others like mammoth and songtech.

Hm, songtech in Nebula? What the developer has it, or you talk about your gears?
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby RJHollins » Wed May 28, 2014 11:12 am

Shibata wrote:
biscoglio wrote:I like it :D it's now in my go to list along with a few others like mammoth and songtech.

Hm, songtech in Nebula? What the developer has it, or you talk about your gears?

CDS created the SongTec
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries