Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship eQualizer: RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Modern Flagship eQualizer: RELEASED !

Postby richie43 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:12 am

Barendse wrote:No GDrive implemented? Tried to apply it with NAT but it didn't work.

That's weird, because it worked for me.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:39 am

Just doing some initial listening across the full library. Taking one of my 'test tracks', it is quickly realized that this is quite a comprehensive EQ. One thing in particular, using small 'gain' changes has impact. Yes, you can definitely perform major reshaping ... yet doing some 'test mastering', I now glad that we have 'continuous' control. I ended up using +0.3dB of gain on a upper midrange section where the vocal resided, and opened the 'Q' width to contain the focus on the vocals. This EQ is extremely responsive ... and I mean that in a good way ... but it is so easy to overdo any boosting, because it just sounds good all the way through the gain range.

After bouncing around between 5 Nebula instances, there is no doubt that I'm going to put a NVC controller together for myself. The span of control that this eq hints at is way to much for me to deal with in isolated pieces. Plus I want better gain bypass control, along with the Gain structure calibration.

It may have been title a 'built-in' console eq, but I hear nothing that excludes this as a 'mastering' equalizer. I've not explored the 'gentler' slopes fully, but the surgical capabilities, and general eq'ing are very flexible.

The sound. Maybe more than any other Nebula EQ ... the eq and the source are as 'One'. I sense this in Nebula in general .... it just seems obvious with this EQ [again in a very welcomed way] !

Is it just the nature of the 'Beast', or refined technique in the library creation ? I'd bet BOTH. :mrgreen:

ok ... like I say ... just starting to play with the new toy. Now to prototype a controller !

report back later ...
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:47 am

kels: Just wondering what setup you use for sampling ? Did you upgrade (or build ?) your ADC with Sowter Xfo for example ?

it's a well kept secret, I understand :)

Yes it's a secret, but a converter should be transparent like a pure wire, so no transformer or other coloration in the audio path.

About GDrive: it works for preamps and not for eq which is not dynamic. i.e. the harmonic contents is the same, only amplified. You can achieve this effect by using the DRIVE control.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby cehas » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:45 am

Wow, this thing is absolutely MUST HAVE if you already have the console. Sounds so much thicker than the 5033 and it just sits better in the mix. Well, what can you expect from a 700,000$ console?

Crazy tools man, crazy.
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Barendse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:39 am

kels wrote:
The 88RS is a GREAT console BUT without the new technique and sampling hardware/processing the sound would not have this quality.

Just wondering what setup you use for sampling ? Did you upgrade (or build ?) your ADC with Sowter Xfo for example ?

it's a well kept secret, I understand :)

I don't know how he did it but it just sounds awesome. Same for the console programs. Great job Alex.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby brp » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:47 am

hi alex

a thing i'd really love to see would be the M****y massive passive sampled by you and your new converters!!

i already love the programs from aitb, but they aren't 96khz and if this unit will be sampled in a better quality, i guess, i'm not the onlyone who will buy it again ;D

btw: i could compare your programs with the uad 88RS, but i'm not sure yet to get your programs, as i'm after different colours right now. is there a program within the demo files you want me to compare with the uad 88RS?

cheers pascal
brp
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby Barendse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:18 pm

richie43 wrote:
Barendse wrote:No GDrive implemented? Tried to apply it with NAT but it didn't work.

That's weird, because it worked for me.

NAT is weird. When I install the latest Nebula version NAT doesn't work at all. But as Alex stated we don't need GDrive for his fabulous eq programs.
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Hannes_F » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:32 pm

RJHollins wrote:
After bouncing around between 5 Nebula instances, there is no doubt that I'm going to put a NVC controller together for myself.

MeTooMeTooMeToo . . .
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Shibata » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Alex, number of samples between HQ and LE version is the same, but LE by 1% lighter on CPU and in Null test they show almost zero. Even hit my Adam A8x on full volume i still hearing the difference below -71dB. Though in Timed mode, that difference much higher and growing up to -64-65 dB and sounds full, not just peak pop ups like in FREQD mode.

So, is that a result of a new sampling technique and we can start mixing with LE and switching to HQ before final render without big difference, which may force us to make remixing?)
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby AlexB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm

LE has less kernels, in some programs it is more than 1% of CPU load. You can combine HQ and LE.
I normally use LE to cut and HQ to boost.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries