Login

Help with guitar amp libraries

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Help with guitar amp libraries

Postby pmcaster » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello, I´m quite new with Nebula, but really excited with the sound quality provided by this tool, I'm mainly a guitar player and I was shocked by the realism of some of the libraries I purchased (the amps included in the default library, Henry Olonga Ampeg+Vox AC30, Amp Delux by signaltonoize and GTR VTX from CDSoundmaster...) but I have a question, is there anything else needed in the chain or do the program include both the poweramp and the cabinet?Should I included a preamp to get a better result?
I see a lot of libraries for cabinets (like ownhammer), but, are the other mentioned pure amp impulses ("all included" :D :D )...
Many thanks for your help and best regards
pmcaster
User Level 0
User Level 0

Re: Help with guitar amp libraries

Postby jorismak » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Nebula can't capture distortion. So you get the harmonics of the complete signal path of the amp (input, preamp, poweramp, cabinet, mic) but you can't get real tube distortion out of nebula.

So add a preamp plugin or just an overdrive/distortion pedal in front of it too taste.

If you want pure clean tones, the Nebula programs' are as good as any amp sim :). If you want some breakup (or even more), use a pedal or preamp in front to get the gain.

But as always: no rules, do what you think sounds best.
jorismak

Re: Help with guitar amp libraries

Postby pmcaster » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Yeah!! I added the Studio Devil preamp plugin before Nebula, and the sound is now much better, warmer, I think it would be a good investment to spend some money in a tube preamp hardware....Thanks a lot!!
pmcaster
User Level 0
User Level 0

Return to 3rd party libraries