Login

Timed mode for Cupwise programs ex: YouRei HP/LP and Tape?

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Timed mode for Cupwise programs ex: YouRei HP/LP and Tape?

Postby pleplo » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:40 am

Hey Tim,

Can I have a better sound if I switch Cassette Deck 2 (10k) and your filters like YouRei (the 10k dyn ones)

like to Timed 50ms or it's better to leave your default settings?

Thank you very much :)
Patrick
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Re: Timed mode for Cupwise programs ex: YouRei HP/LP and Tap

Postby gurth » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:13 pm

I think people are scared to answer because this could result in a 10 page thread.

There is written a lot about it, I would say, read it and find out for yourself.
gurth
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:57 pm

gurth wrote:I think people are scared to answer because this could result in a 10 page thread.

There is written a lot about it, I would say, read it and find out for yourself.

Bingo. It's been answered before...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5251&hilit=transient

You'll have to do a little digging, but there is some EXCELLENT information in this thread.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby pleplo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:10 am

Thanks guys I already back in the days read those topics. but was still confusing on wish librairies are better for that than other with that Bass thing that is sometime over the top or missing..

but its ok il reread everything about it :)
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby botus99 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:23 pm

To answer your question, yes you CAN use Timed mode with 50ms with just about any preamp/tape/filter/etc library.

The real question is SHOULD you. ;)

I've got my opinions on this, but they are just my opinions. Try out Timed mode for yourself. You should hear the difference in the transients, and you can decide for yourself which is the best option for you. :mrgreen: Do also keep in mind that the developers sell these libraries with Freqd as default for a reason too.

Like lots of other things in audio, it's subjective.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Return to 3rd party libraries