Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Equaliser MFQ !!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

AlexB - Modern Flagship Equaliser MFQ !!

Postby lipa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

I started new topic so we can share some thoughts and samples about the new eq that is soon to be released!
It's the N**e 88RS eq and filters section.

So far I only tested it for about two hours and here are my initial thoughts.

I started with filters, and boy those filters sound good, it took me about 40 minutes to compare them to every other filter I have. I like these the most. Both Highpass and Lowpass don't suck energy from audio. They cut what's not needed and focus attention on the rest.
The eq section sounds very good, in my opinion better than any other AlexB eqs. It's transparent and characterfull at the same time. I totally didn't expect that. Thought it was gonna sound thin and lifeless and it's exactly the opposite. Whole eq is very modern but neveish-lush sounding. Also You get tons of control - extensive frequency coverage, very broad and narrow Q settings possible.. Also what I like is that even very tiny boost can be heard.

Overall, I like it much more than previous console-track eqs. Both SSls (CLQ and MLQ) sound thinner, lows are muddier, highs are harsher and grainy when compared to MFQ.
I have to do more testing, but already I can say that this is my new favourite track eq.

The quality also comes from the new sampling method and I hope Alex is gonna update more libraries soon. I can't wait for that. Oh and I hope there will be a midi controller released for this eq soon. ;)
lipa

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Equaliser MFQ !!

Postby ce1909 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Definitely interested.
So when is this going to drop?
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby lipa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:45 pm

not sure.. soon.. in few days I guess. If I find the time I'll post some samples too.
This eq really convinced me about buying the MFC console as well.
lipa

Postby Barendse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:16 pm

lipa wrote:not sure.. soon.. in few days I guess. If I find the time I'll post some samples too.
This eq really convinced me about buying the MFC console as well.

MFC console is the next level...
Barendse
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby darren » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Interesting!

Could you maybe try to shed some more light on your 'transparent and characterfull' comment. These seem like opposing traits...
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby SWAN » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:37 pm

are there any combo programs like high pass low pass filters?
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby lipa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:13 pm

Filters are separate but there are two programs: Highs and Lows that combine shelves and bells (and also there are shelves and bells as separate programs).

What I meant was that MFQ sounds classy with a very good mix of transparency and flavour. It doesn't get in the way when boosting little, then it reveals pretty strong character when boosted more than 6dbs but it's a very nice nevish flavour that is warm, thick. Between those two opposites there's a lot of room to move.
lipa

Postby Arne » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:25 pm

I hope he does a new Acqua plugin out of it and combine it with MFC in the same interface - would be awesome. I agree the MFC is in another league compared to anything else I have heard- fav for sure.
Arne
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby SWAN » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Im curious about the limitation of the Aqua engine and how far we can go with Q factor also etc...thus far the aqua plugins Ive tested are game changers - for real.
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 pm

SWAN wrote:... how far we can go with Q factor also etc...

I'm wondering about this myself, if I'm following you, changing the Q would seem to be a "Q" button that makes some internal changes (maybe even loads a different sample I guess) :?:
kylen

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries