Login

AITB - MAC x64 UPDATE FOR E.A.R out now!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AITB - MAC x64 UPDATE FOR E.A.R out now!

Postby richie43 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:27 am

andiw wrote:@Mirco: Are we ever gonna see updates for Phonocamptica & Tank Verb? :?

I am curious:
DO you need an update? What is wrong with these libraries? I use both in every project and can't figure what Mirco would do to improve them. I would love to see Mirco release new libraries instead!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:10 am

richie43 wrote:
andiw wrote:@Mirco: Are we ever gonna see updates for Phonocamptica & Tank Verb? :?

I am curious:
DO you need an update? What is wrong with these libraries? I use both in every project and can't figure what Mirco would do to improve them. I would love to see Mirco release new libraries instead!!

OSX x64 .AUT issue.
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:22 am

I am such a goofball...The thread even says it's or Mac x64..... Oops. Never mind.....
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Support » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:31 am

richie43 wrote:I am such a goofball...The thread even says it's or Mac x64..... Oops. Never mind.....

Remember one mistake = one beer!
Best regards,
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support
http://www.acustica-audio.com
Support
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:40 am

for everyone ! :o

:lol:

we're serious :shock:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby andiw » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:44 am

The lesson for me here is: I'm never gonna buy any protected 3rd party libraries ...
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Support wrote:Remember one mistake = one beer!

The last time I checked, that one beer penalty did not include your air-fare (or boad passage if you have a fear of airplanes), so if you can get yourself to Minnesota, I'll buy you that beer.
But I may take out my running ledger and find that you owe me more beers than I do you.....
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Mirco » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi all,

we are still upgrading and have already established
a beta user database, testing 64bit upgrades on DocFear, MammothEQ and EAR - till now everything seems to work even in ProTools! Other libraries will follow asap, working on the Fate Libraries right now!

@andiw: please bear in mind, that protections helps us to stay alive, "crackers" have released a lot of non protected
libraries this year from other 3rd parties, proven that we're doing the right thing - we have to protect our products somehow - only a small amount of AITB releases have been cracked... This is a small niche, a loss in sales could harm us very fast! And, we're bounded on the releases of Nebula - it unfortunately doesn't support the old AUT files it generates in 64Bit surroundings - so we have to take the route step by step to get those upgrades. If Nebula would support the old protection anyhow, we didn't have/had these problems!

Hope to clear things up a bit, we're working on it, beside support and new releases - I also got the help from the old developer - and we have a handful 64bit versions already working!

ciao
Mirco
Mirco

Postby andiw » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:26 am

@mirco: please bear in mind that protection keeps me from using my bought products ...
my music: aj-guitar.com
andiw
User Level IX
User Level IX

Postby richie43 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:46 am

andiw wrote:@mirco: please bear in mind that protection keeps me from using my bought products ...

How does simple copy protection like what AITB uses stop you from using their products? This isn't an ilok or kernel-level protection. This is fairly simple but effective protection. I was a very vocal anti-copy protection person for a long time. But as I got to know many developers through testing their products for them, I have seen many go out of business (and some get very close), and all of them "coincidentally" never used copy protection. Yes, protection CAN be another layer of possible failure for us users. But the risk of the software becoming unusable (ever) is a smaller risk than a dev leaving their work an easy target to thieves (in my opinion). The problem is not the copy protection, the problem is the NEED for the copy protection. So maybe concentrate your efforts away from trying to convince a hard-working dev to leave his/her work open game to stealing and divert that energy into figuring out a way to convince less people to steal and use stolen software.
I actually understand your point of view. But after seeing first-hand how not having any form of copy protection can affect some devs, I feel a need to support any decision a dev makes. If they choose to not use any copy protection, good for me. If they do, then good for them.
Have you ever had paid for software become inaccessible to you due to copy protection?
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries