Login

Suggestion??? Best 3rd library for Smoothing out Lead Vocals

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Suggestion??? Best 3rd library for Smoothing out Lead Vo

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:39 pm

deehope wrote:ya... he was in a group with his bro called coopdevile

My honest opinion, tell him to start by loosing the name Blaze. Tell him to keep Trell Cooper, it's nicer to the ear, he is an R&B-Soul/Pop singer (whatever you wanna call him) etc.. Sometimes you have to sit & overall think about everything that can make your career advance in every step. And for me (just being honest here and nothing against it) but when I read his name, it reminds me of a GM truck... there is no class nor substance in it... but again that's just me.

But bring that up to him & try out Trell Cooper (cooper has a nice feel to it, welcoming, masculin, class etc.. etc..)

Cheers & thanks again for the input on Nebula ;-)
Music Producer - Mix Engineer - Entrepreneur
http://www.soundcloud.com/absolutmy
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio
mymusic
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dejhantulip » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:37 am

Hey cupwise!

I have read in numerous forums how creamy your 660 emu sounds! Right now i really dont think i need another compressor and i dnt have the money at the moment to purchase the A + B set, so basically this is my question: if i decide to use it as a preamp (for the harmonic flavor and freq curve) or as a mojo like henry olonga calls it, would I still get that creamy sound? Or does compression have to kick in for me to get that creamy sound? Your pass-through programs would be the ones i need right? Finally, what would be your recommendaion (set A or B) for the creamiest sound? Thank and let me know!

ORLANDO

Anyone else can comment on this? Thanks so much!

It's all about the creaminess!
dejhantulip
User Level III
User Level III

Postby sneaky » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:54 am

try the demo its all ive tried @ this stage but I expect HF attenuation when I dial OUT the compression regardless. its a smooth analog rolloff, creaminess under any & all circumstances.
sneaky

Postby lipa » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 am

Yeah the preamp section (especially the more driven presets) from 660 is sounding very smooth on their own. The more You push audio on input, the more effect will You hear. Also, try Henry Olonga Girthy Vocal and/or Girthy Master Bus library ;) These libraries sound the most creamy and thick of all his libs. (it's the C******r Curve Bender Eq)

Also You can use pultec (or siemens eqs) to do push pull with highs. Roll off hf by a large amount (10dbs) with a highshelf and then boost back some hf (choose frequency wisely) with a bell.
lipa

Postby dejhantulip » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 am

lipa wrote:Yeah the preamp section (especially the more driven presets) from 660 is sounding very smooth on their own. The more You push audio on input, the more effect will You hear. Also, try Henry Olonga Girthy Vocal and/or Girthy Master Bus library ;) These libraries sound the most creamy and thick of all his libs. (it's the C******r Curve Bender Eq)

Also You can use pultec (or siemens eqs) to do push pull with highs. Roll off hf by a large amount (10dbs) with a highshelf and then boost back some hf (choose frequency wisely) with a bell.

Thanks for the response!

I am thinking in buying the set A that cupwise offers, when you mention the preamp presets that give a creamy tone, are those found in set A?

Thanks!!!
dejhantulip
User Level III
User Level III

Postby lipa » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:33 pm

I'm not sure.. I bought before he decided to split the library into parts. Please refer to the manual or email him directly. Ask about "Pass Through B" or C presets.
lipa

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries