Login

Suggestion??? Best 3rd library for Smoothing out Lead Vocals

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Suggestion??? Best 3rd library for Smoothing out Lead Vo

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:27 pm

mtalavera wrote:
marcpl wrote:hi,

I highly recommend cupwise's creamy 660 comp. makes everything smooth and creamy. it's great.

I agree completely with this. When you pick up this compressor, make sure you read the manual very carefully because the parameters are a little different than other compressors. For example, there are two different threshold controls that server different purposes.

My current Nebula vocal chain includes this compressor. I track vocals through a Rode NT1-A and a F*******e Saphire Pro 40, so no where near the quality of the equipment you are recording through.

I apply one of H. Olonga's mic libraries like his Royer 121 and 122 presets, then apply his Console Strip Elite, which is just fantastic. Then comes the Cupwise Creamy 660. In the end I use CDSoundMasters R2R Tape Collection using an Otari preset and Tape Booster+. Use a send this to an AnalogInTheBox Chamber reverb preset, part of the E.A.R Spaces collection, and I just sit back and enjoy the vocal sound.

@mtalavera Thanks a lot for taking the time and share how go about using Nebula chain for your vocals in the box. So these instances of Nebula on your chain are used in your Vocal Buss or the Track Insert?

When you use example H-O Mic libraries, do you use these Mic lib to go get the vibe/warm/sound of those mic into your vocals or what? Or to bring the tone of that Mic lib into your vocals?

And i gotta say by reading your Neb-Chain, it must eat up some serious CPU no? Wooooow

I'll be exploring more to get the perfect chain for this vocal i'm working on right now.

Thanks again for your time ;-)
Music Producer - Mix Engineer - Entrepreneur
http://www.soundcloud.com/absolutmy
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio
mymusic
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:37 pm

deehope wrote:I just did this actually. https://soundcloud.com/trell-blaze/hey-world

This song was tracked by a thin/harsh Sterling ST55 and I used the HO U67 and N**e Vocal channel strip and it was night day. If I were to add tape and Cupwise's 660 it would have been even smoother.

I can send you the before and after if that helps.

Daaaamn really excited reading this. That would be cool if you could indeed send a quick Before & After audio snippet mate

What i'm learning is when you say you add this Lib or that Lib to your vocal chain, my curiosity is once you dial up one library, how do you go and tweak it? Some have that instance mojo that you hear what it does right away and some are very subtle right? Which parameter do you go reach first " the drive knob, the output...???" Just curious cuz I'm really planning to use (thanks to my very good buddy @MercadoNegro who introduced me to Nebula) Nebula to mix this album i'm producing & will be also mixing 80 to 90 percent ITB and when this will be out here in Montreal Canada, if Nebula cuts it out well during the process, I think this will surprise many out there cuz this album involved the brother of one of the Biggest Female artist in the world right now. Won't say more hahahaha

Once again, thanks a million folks for your inputs and keep them coming and I'm really crossing finger that Nebula Team (Giancarlo & family) are working hard to optmize & tweak the Nebula Interface to be as fast, responsive, friendly and so forth because I believe that we all know we don't have to prove anything about the sound that it brings to our ears & that this platform is indeed the best true near analog feel we can get so far. And that blended with an amazing teaked GUI fully optimized with today's computer tech, Nebula Team will be winners & will make a lot of happy users.

Cheers
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio
mymusic
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:54 pm

mymusic wrote:
deehope wrote:I just did this actually. https://soundcloud.com/trell-blaze/hey-world

This song was tracked by a thin/harsh Sterling ST55 and I used the HO U67 and N**e Vocal channel strip and it was night day. If I were to add tape and Cupwise's 660 it would have been even smoother.

Daaaamn really excited reading this. That would be cool if you could indeed send a quick Before & After audio snippet mate

What i'm learning is when you say you add this Lib or that Lib to your vocal chain, my curiosity is once you dial up one library, how do you go and tweak it? Some have that instance mojo that you hear what it does right away and some are very subtle right? Which parameter do you go reach first " the drive knob, the output...???" Just curious cuz I'm really planning to use (thanks to my very good buddy @MercadoNegro who introduced me to Nebula) Nebula to mix this album i'm producing & will be also mixing 80 to 90 percent ITB and when this will be out here in Montreal Canada, if Nebula cuts it out well during the process, I think this will surprise many out there cuz this album involved the brother of one of the Biggest Female artist in the world right now. Won't say more hahahaha

Once again, thanks a million folks for your inputs and keep them coming and I'm really crossing finger that Nebula Team (Giancarlo & family) are working hard to optmize & tweak the Nebula Interface to be as fast, responsive, friendly and so forth because I believe that we all know we don't have to prove anything about the sound that it brings to our ears & that this platform is indeed the best true near analog feel we can get so far. And that blended with an amazing teaked GUI fully optimized with today's computer tech, Nebula Team will be winners & will make a lot of happy users.

Cheers

Hey man are you from Montreal? I'm from there but now living in Toronto :)
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:05 pm

@jpchartrand Yes from MTL ;-) So how's T.O?
mymusic
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby harmonik » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Is that your vocal too? Nice sound.
harmonik
User Level V
User Level V

Postby deehope » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:29 pm

mymusic wrote:

Cheers
I rarely touch the drive knobs and never do with the mic presets. The HO mics are drastic, no subtly at all with them. The NV Vocality I used is also not that subtle. As soon as you insert the u67 its a massive difference and everything else after that is to even the sound out. PM your email address.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby deehope » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:30 pm

harmonik wrote:

No its not me, we're a production team. He's massively talented and its a shame he's not getting heard. I will be releasing my own stuff fairly soon.... heavily nebulized
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Great sound mate and sounding very good. Wouldn't say was recorded with the mic you've mentioned here. I like the fact you kept the mixing very minimal, what I mean here is that is still open but dark'ish instead of having a full open vocal lead sound/Clean like what we hear example in TANK's songs etc... Saying this in a positive way cuz like this you step away for the so-called "the out there sound".

And for the record, great vocal performance mate. Love your voice texture.

great job ;-)
mymusic
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:37 pm

deehope wrote:
harmonik wrote:

No its not me, we're a production team. He's massively talented and its a shame he's not getting heard. I will be releasing my own stuff fairly soon.... heavily nebulized

Soooo the guy who is singing his artist name is Trell Blazebut he's real name is Trell Cooper???
mymusic
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby deehope » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:35 pm

ya... he was in a group with his bro called coopdevile
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries