Login

Suggestion??? Best 3rd library for Smoothing out Lead Vocals

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Suggestion??? Best 3rd library for Smoothing out Lead Vocals

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi Folks!

I'd like to know if anyone can suggest me some name of best 3rd party libraries that I can purchase for smoothing out lead vocals, giving that soft feel even if let's say the vocal delivery has a little grit to it etc.. almost like having a smoothness that you get from another microphone or a Pre-amp that I can load Nebula on my Lead Buss and make the overall track smooth.

This might help you give an idea, I'm recording right now a female vocal using the following setup:
M****y Voxbox
MikTek CV4
RME Hamerfall SndCard

Thanks in advance for any suggestions ;-)
Music Producer - Mix Engineer - Entrepreneur
http://www.soundcloud.com/absolutmy
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio
mymusic
Vip Member
Vip Member

Re: Suggestion??? Best 3rd library for Smoothing out Lead Vo

Postby marcpl » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:42 pm

hi,

I highly recommend cupwise's creamy 660 comp. makes everything smooth and creamy. it's great.

I just picked them up last week so I haven't gotten too deep into them yet but i'm really loving Gemini audio's preamps on vocals. lot's of body yet tight...whatever that means.

henry olonga's vocal libraries are kind of hit or miss depending on the source material but when it's a hit...wow! henry's preamps are great too.

regards,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:51 pm

marcpl wrote:hi,

I highly recommend cupwise's creamy 660 comp. makes everything smooth and creamy. it's great.

I just picked them up last week so I haven't gotten too deep into them yet but i'm really loving Gemini audio's preamps on vocals. lot's of body yet tight...whatever that means.

henry olonga's vocal libraries are kind of hit or miss depending on the source material but when it's a hit...wow! henry's preamps are great too.

regards,
marco

Gemini's 610 library is really good and really realistic. My friend has a real 610 and we compared it and couldn't tell the difference. Now I guess I have to try Cupwise's 660 :P
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:04 pm

regards,
marco

Thanks a lot Marco for the fast answer. Appreciate. So if I'm following you well, the cupwise 660 comp (is a compressor obviously) and using this lib (depending on the prgram i'll choose to use) on my vocal Buss it gives that smooth creamy feel?

I have the H-Olonga Vocals on the Lead Buss using the "warm prg" and is quite something, I think it's the G-20. I would have to double check

But now beside the warmth, I want to give the creamy/smoothness on the lead vocal ;-)

I'll go & check out cupwise stuff. Thanks mate
Platform: Win Ultimate x64 SP1 bit-16 GigRam|DAW: Studio One x64|Reaper x64 & others| SoundCard: Antelope Zen Studio
mymusic
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:06 pm

jpchartrand wrote:

regards,
marco

Gemini's 610 library is really good and really realistic. My friend has a real 610 and we compared it and couldn't tell the difference. Now I guess I have to try Cupwise's 660 :P

Thanks @jpchartrand for responding quickly. Regarding the Gemini that I haven't tried none of his stuff, will the 610 being realistic & good, will it give that smooth-creamy feel? Just curious

Thanks
mymusic
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:09 pm

As creamy as they get lol Make sure to get a good EQ library as well. I highly recommend the ELC (man I gotta grab that updated version...I keep forgetting) + Henry's AIR library.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mymusic » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:33 pm

jpchartrand wrote:As creamy as they get lol Make sure to get a good EQ library as well. I highly recommend the ELC (man I gotta grab that updated version...I keep forgetting) + Henry's AIR library.

Hahahhaha Alllllright you said it mate, I guess i'm gonna have to check it out and that smoothy creamy-nal flavor on this lead vocal i'm working on right now.

Yes the Air are amazing but what is the ELC? Any website? I'll check it out.

Thanks again

P.S
mymusic
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:45 pm

jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby mtalavera » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:59 pm

I agree completely with this. When you pick up this compressor, make sure you read the manual very carefully because the parameters are a little different than other compressors. For example, there are two different threshold controls that server different purposes.

My current Nebula vocal chain includes this compressor. I track vocals through a Rode NT1-A and a F*******e Saphire Pro 40, so no where near the quality of the equipment you are recording through.

I apply one of H. Olonga's mic libraries like his Royer 121 and 122 presets, then apply his Console Strip Elite, which is just fantastic. Then comes the Cupwise Creamy 660. In the end I use CDSoundMasters R2R Tape Collection using an Otari preset and Tape Booster+. Use a send this to an AnalogInTheBox Chamber reverb preset, part of the E.A.R Spaces collection, and I just sit back and enjoy the vocal sound.
mtalavera

Postby deehope » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:12 pm

I just did this actually. https://soundcloud.com/trell-blaze/hey-world

This song was tracked by a thin/harsh Sterling ST55 and I used the HO U67 and N**e Vocal channel strip and it was night day. If I were to add tape and Cupwise's 660 it would have been even smoother.

I can send you the before and after if that helps.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries