Login

Henry Olonga - Unusual collaboration request - Help please!

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Henry Olonga - Unusual collaboration request - Help please!

Postby Henry Olonga » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi Guys,
;) .This is a bit of an unusual request. You may or may not be aware that I am working on my new albums and hope to be done mixing by the end of March. Have been working on it for the last few years actually in between a lot of other things like Nebula sampling and gigging.
I am now down to final Vocal comps and additional instrumentation. I am a vocalist and not an instrument player so I am at the mercy of session players as my music is mainly with real instruments. Well having gone through just about every sample library to mock up certain instruments I have decided that is probably easier to just work with real players who know their craft really well.
Sooooo keeping this brief. I have already worked with Rich whom many of you know very well on the forum and also Gabriel Scuff who has done some great demos of my amps and I am stunned at the value they have added to songs that were okay and now they are like wow - this is the way to go!!! Collaboration baby!!
So I thought perhaps I could try my luck to widen it out a little and see if I can ask others in the community to help me out :lol: .

I am doing a classical album, crossover and a pop one.

Anyone out there who plays any orchestral instruments especially strings?
Any trumpet, trombone or sax?
Any drummers out there who have an electronic kit? Happy to work with Midi drums actually.

To top it off I would love to have any skills on offer actually. :D
I am happy to pay - a little bit only - coz I am broke. Or in return perhaps I can give you free nebula presets of new stuff that comes out in a few months once the album is done? Thanks for reading guys and for your consideration.

Anyone interested please e-mail me at sales (@) nebulapresets.com perhaps with 'Collaboration' in the Subject line.
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Re: Henry Olonga - Unusual collaboration request - Help plea

Postby thesessionguitarist » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi Henry,

good to hear you'll release some new music ! :)
I think you play the guitar am I right. Otherwise or for some fancy stuff feel free to write me (guitar & piano).

Better on http://www.thesessionguitarist.com/
contact form.

Peace

Lars
thesessionguitarist
User Level I
User Level I

Postby Tim Petherick » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:27 pm

Hey Henry,

I have a bunch of musicians I sometimes use for library music, if you were interested in getting some musicians in from the West Country , I can put you in contact.

String quartet might be your biggest interest here. I have only a clip of the cellist, if you go to the link bellow here. Also other instruments in the clips.....

http://www.theperfectmusiclibrary.com/L ... geNumber=1
Tim Petherick
Expert
Expert

Postby Arne » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Hi,

I have a young, but very skilled trumphet player related to my studio. I will be happy to record it. He has a classical education, have recorded a couple of albums, including a traditional jazz album, done a few TV shows, and he is considered as one of the very best young talented trumphet players in Scandinavia.

Let me know if you are interested

best
Arne
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SteDal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:23 am

Hi Henry.

Here I am, an experienced pro Acoustic Bass player fluent in classical/jazz/pop language (bow and pizz).

Collaborations and recordings with Trilok Gurtu, Jan Garbarek, Stefano Bollani...

Just in case you need some double bass, too.

8-)
Win 10/64 - Intel i7-5820K - Intel i7-4510U - Reaper 5.29
SteDal
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby SMaus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:48 am

You've got mail...
SMaus
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby dpclarkson » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 am

Mail sent! :)
dpclarkson

Postby Henry Olonga » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Wow hey guys, Awesome response. :D Thanks for all your offers - obviously costings will determine everything. I will reply to any e-mails of course.
Lars - e-mails ent.
Tim - some cools stuff you are doing there.
Arne - very interested

SteDal - I have a song in mind for you for sure.

Dpclarkson and SMaus - thanks for yours - will reply.

Take care and thanks everyone.
H ;)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby enriquesilveti » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Henry Olonga wrote:Hi Guys,
;) .This is a bit of an unusual request. You may or may not be aware that I am working on my new albums and hope to be done mixing by the end of March. Have been working on it for the last few years actually in between a lot of other things like Nebula sampling and gigging.
I am now down to final Vocal comps and additional instrumentation. I am a vocalist and not an instrument player so I am at the mercy of session players as my music is mainly with real instruments. Well having gone through just about every sample library to mock up certain instruments I have decided that is probably easier to just work with real players who know their craft really well.
Sooooo keeping this brief. I have already worked with Rich whom many of you know very well on the forum and also Gabriel Scuff who has done some great demos of my amps and I am stunned at the value they have added to songs that were okay and now they are like wow - this is the way to go!!! Collaboration baby!!
So I thought perhaps I could try my luck to widen it out a little and see if I can ask others in the community to help me out :lol: .

I am doing a classical album, crossover and a pop one.

Anyone out there who plays any orchestral instruments especially strings?
Any trumpet, trombone or sax?
Any drummers out there who have an electronic kit? Happy to work with Midi drums actually.

To top it off I would love to have any skills on offer actually. :D
I am happy to pay - a little bit only - coz I am broke. Or in return perhaps I can give you free nebula presets of new stuff that comes out in a few months once the album is done? Thanks for reading guys and for your consideration.

Anyone interested please e-mail me at sales (@) nebulapresets.com perhaps with 'Collaboration' in the Subject line.

Ask Vanesa Garde. Nebula user, Berkley Valencia teacher. Digtal Performer + VSL + Nebula. Send me email for contact.
Enrique Silveti.
Acustica Audio customer and technical support.

MBP 11.5 (i7-4870 | 16 GB | 512 SDD)
SP4 (i5-6300 | 8 GB | 256 SDD)
RME UFX | PS Lyra2 | SD USBPre2
VM U15 | VM W10 | VM OSX 10.12
N4/NAT4 | SPX3 | RX5 | LN2C | Smaart8 | R5 | PT12 | PX10
enriquesilveti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Hannes_F » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:39 am

Henry,

I am doing string recordings - solo violin, viola, cello, sections, complete string orchestra.

My website does not look like much but under the surface I am doing many recordings for composers all over the world.

Mail me at info@strings-on-demand.com for demos.
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries