Login

NVC - Series - General News

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NVC - Series - General News

Postby RJHollins » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:52 am

nobody ? :shock:

geesh... alright ... how bout an easier question then ...

Anyone with the formula for 'Cold Fusion' ?? ... just off the top of the head ?

:lol:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby koda » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Sorry mate I read only now.
Yes use youtube to post your stuff and then show them on your site.
This is common pratice and will give you added visibility on the tube also.
Remember to disable in-video ads in youtube preferences if you don't want them.
The only drawback is if you use copyrighted music in your video they could mute it or force the ads in your videos.
Apart from this go with the tube!
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby Hannes_F » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:42 am

Hi there RJHollins,

I found your website now and it is very interesting (you should perhaps consider to put the link into your signature, just saying).

Downloaded a demo, however when I opened the Nebula3.xml file there was no midi part in it. Funny, no? What can I do?
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 am

Hannes_F wrote:Hi there RJHollins,

I found your website now and it is very interesting (you should perhaps consider to put the link into your signature, just saying).

Downloaded a demo, however when I opened the Nebula3.xml file there was no midi part in it. Funny, no? What can I do?

Hi Hannes_F,

ah yes ... I should look to do that ... thanks :oops:

Nebula ... no MIDI ... not funny :lol:

Here's some help ... go to my site, and on the main page [the one showing the NVC-Mammoth], scroll to near the bottom of the site and there is a green button that links to a video tutorial. It is called 'Teach Nebula MIDI'.
http://www.upallnite.us

check back if you need more info.

thanks.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Hannes_F » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi RJHollins,

thanks for responding. Sorry, I am a bit dense here but I really want this to be working. I watched your video but something fundamental is missing.

1. I used the search fuction to find all nebula3.xml files on my hard disk. It turned out that I have two of them. None of them had the midi block.

2. I inserted the midi block into each of them manually.

3. Still the midi page within Nebula looks like in the picture.

4. Same for the Nebula reverb version.

It seems to me as if the whole midi functionality is switched off entirely. Could that be? And if so, how to switch it on?

Thanks
Hannes
Attachments
Nebula_not_midi.jpg
Nebula_not_midi.jpg (11.82 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Hannes_F » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:18 pm

OK, I think this problem might be solved. I think I had the entries for STSMIX and CTSMIX wrong.

MIDICTRMIX.. <-- this should be going from 20 to 27.

This looks better now.
Attachments
Nebula_midi_now.jpg
Nebula_midi_now.jpg (10.99 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby babiuk » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Hi,
I have something to say about NVC.

From the beginning of NVC long time ago I fell in love with the idea of being able to handle full eq's bands at same time. I think in Mammoth or pultec and I become a Paulov's dog.

The matter is that I find so messy the info about it and the procces to setting up and using it. It's maybe my fault but everytime I try to work it I spend a lot of time without getting nothing but a big confussion.

I would like to know how many of you are using it and your experiences.
Do you find it easy to work? And maybe let me know any tip or fast andsimple and direct guide to make it work, the help guide is not clear for me. I own the libs and I never got in so many difficults to operate with audio tools.

Again my apologies to RJHollins, his project is amazing but it is maybe a problem of mine, but I have no a lot of free time to spend on it.

Thanks in advance
babiuk
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Hannes_F » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:56 pm

@ babiuk
I am fighting through this document step by step:
http://nebula.wsimg.com/82a399a3d6a025c ... oworigin=1

It turns out one needs the Nebula Setups program too (not really clear why if I can save and open fx chains in Reaper but so be it).

While going through it I try to give a bit of feedback where the documentation lacks or where problems occur in hope that helps others. Currently waiting for the Setups license in order to do the next step . . .

@RJHollins
BTW the link to your video about working in Reaper does not work (the dropbox link).
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

Postby RJHollins » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Hannes_F wrote:@ babiuk
I am fighting through this document step by step:
http://nebula.wsimg.com/82a399a3d6a025c ... oworigin=1

It turns out one needs the Nebula Setups program too (not really clear why if I can save and open fx chains in Reaper but so be it).

While going through it I try to give a bit of feedback where the documentation lacks or where problems occur in hope that helps others. Currently waiting for the Setups license in order to do the next step . . .

@RJHollins
BTW the link to your video about working in Reaper does not work (the dropbox link).

Hi Guys,

Will try to help.

Sorry for the 'fighting through' of the docs. It really needs a rewrite. :oops:

Just to help on general questions ...

Since the NVC's are designed for a specific library, the use of ZAB's SetUP app easily can create a custom library that can load very quickly.
Using the 'custom' setup XML file, we also have access for NVC to read and configure the presets available, so that there is common agreement as to what the user defined.

The MIDI portion of Nebula.

To Hannes_F: the screenshot looks correct, but if you'd like, you could post or email the XML file to check that section. The strange part is that I've not been able to edit this data directly within the Nebula GUI ... even though the 'SAVE' button is there :shock: I might very well be overlooking something, but I found the direct edit [in NOTEPAD] to work fine. It's just scary the first time [so work with a backup file].

To babiuk: I'm sorry to hear you've not got this working yet. It does work for sure ! ;)

Maybe we can go step by step to see where we're at.

I've also switched in to using BIDULE [or METAPlugin] to build chains. Not only are they 'portable' between different DAWs, but the routing design is very powerful. Serial/Parallel is all inside ... no need to rebuild for each DAW.

Point. Don't let it overwhelm in setting this up.

I'll re-check the Reaper video ... but what I'll do is look to get these videos posted to You-Tube.

post questions ... we'll 'step by step' it. All NVC's work the same setup. There are several shortcuts/tips that I've found ... but to see the logic go step by step. 8-)

---- edit ---

I just check the dropbox link to the Reaper video. Don't see the problem ... worked for me. Anyway, here's the link to it:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2mz63jz6m02jgwy/SzOW2z5Hc8
see if this works :)

*** tested *** working here. click on the pix to view video.

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Hannes_F » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 pm

@RJHollins
OK, video works now here. I got a dropbox error message all day on a WinXP laptop but am now on a Win 7 desktop, maybe that is why. Will watch it now.

While I am waiting for the Setups license I tried the next step: Inserting MIDIReaRoute gives the error message "This plug is dedicated to the REAPER host. Goodbye". However I am on Reaper x64. Any ideas?
Hannes_F
User Level X
User Level X

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries