Login

NVC - Series - General News

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

NVC - Series - General News

Postby RJHollins » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:51 pm

I was looking through old threads, and decided that a new clean thread would minimize confusion [particularly during the early beta testing time frame].

This thread will be for General News that apply to the NVC series and the http://www.upallnite.us site.

on to the News ;)

I now have 3 controllers posted. I am transitioning file storage from my DropBox to 'on-site'. I have the demos transfered, but I'm seeing a strange thing with the filenames when downloading :o The filenames are showing as a string of numbers with no extension.
Temporarily, I've posted a note to RENAME the file after download. I've tested this, and it works ... but why this is happening ... tech support has not given me a good answer or solution yet :evil: so ... still working to fix that.

2. the filename 'snag' got in the way of getting the PayPal stuff going ... that is next.

3. I've posted a small utility plugin. It is a MIDI CHANNEL Filter [VST] - free.

Simply, it allows MIDI data to pass on the selected channel. Setting it to 0 puts it in OMNI mode ... passing all 16 channels.

This small plug is what I used in 'METAPlugin' chainer to isolate each Nebula to listen to a specific channel. Hopefully this is useful.

that's it for the moment!
thanks
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: NVC - Series - General News

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:06 am

... it's like a cat and mouse game :roll:

Got the very latest METAPlugin downloaded and installed ... something changed ... it broke the selector for the MIDI CHANNEL Filter :evil:

sooooo .... I just FIXED it ... and have updated the website with the new file :D

Grab it again ... it's small.
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Today ... yet another update to the METAPlugin. :o

Hope to check it tonite.

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby koda » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:44 pm

- did you consider teaming up with some good gfx designer (like for example http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/ or the guy here designing interfaces). it may seem marginal but a good attractive GUI really seems to make the difference (maybe for the same reason we usually like beautiful girls and not ugly ones EVEN if we all know beauty is not what really matters)

- the website needs a big restyle. Now I'm really busy but when I'm free I will be glad to help you on that (for free of course)
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Thanks koda!

Well ... trying to get on the AA site and post has been excruciating ... looking forward to improvements!

Meanwhile ...

For those not of the REAPER persuasion, I have been testing things in a chainer called 'Plogue Bidule'.

First ... since upgrading Nebula server to [almost] the latest version, things are much more stable within Bidule.

I've put together a complete chain that has been solid.

One thing that was missing was a clean way to bypass a Nebula in the chain. [Bidule has a MIDI Channel filter included, which is handy, but I wanted a way to bypass any Nebula straight from the NVC.

Expanding on my own utility channel filter, I have added a bypass audio feature. This is MORE than just a disconnect feature [which causes major audio disruption and can peak out the meters] ... no ... this special feature transitions gently as any, or ALL Nebulas are placed into bypass.

It works so well that I'll be looking to incorporate this idea into the AGC unit special for the NVC-AIR controller.

When the AA site gets more usable, I'll post more details and info.

Hopefully I can get THIS message to post.

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:54 pm

update news ...

I have built FXChains in both METAPlugin and Bidule that have been working really nice.

Using these 'chainers' has eliminated the need for any special REAPER support plugins too. This also helps with DAWs with limited FX slots.

I have built a special 'support' VST that is used as an 'interlink' in the routing chain that does the MIDI CHANNEL filtering AND also handles the BYPASS routing. Works great.

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:59 am

A new version of the 'MIDI Channel Filter and Audio Router' has been posted on site.

http://www.upallnite.us/

Called: MCF-AR.rar

Extract and drop this into your VST folder.

Let me know if this works better ...

8-)

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:24 am

minor update news ... :)

Because I do a lot of experimenting of ideas and concepts for the NVC's, I found that I sometimes need to temporarily disable the MIDI communication between the NVC and the list of NEBULA's.

So ... to make things easier, I've added a MIDI disable button to all controllers. Again ... maybe not something needed often, but there have been those times in my experiments :o were this has been a good feature :lol:

Another 'minor' change ... since not ever module gets used or assigned a NEB preset, I wanted a subtle visual cue that a module is in INIT mode. Sure ... I could just read the pull-down menu ... but in the heat of the moment ... who has time to read :roll: However, a thinly colored line under the menu can be easily spotted AND not be a visual distraction. So ... only when a module is at INIT preset, a subtle indicator reveals itself.

Since I rarely ever need to look at any of the NEBULA instances, it easy to see which one should be bypass completely out of the audio chain before rendering. I'm sure that even the INIT has a better sound and some algos :lol: but I like to keep the chain lean ;)

I promise to start uploading the newer versions ... and try to do something with the mess of a web site, and all the other stuff ... but I been digging in using the MAMMOTH library. The ability to switch kernel modes while still maintaining my EQ settings has been fantastic. This is a beast of an equalizer. I looks so simple and basic, just like the POOLTEC ... but with the NVC's I can try things I just could not easily do before ... with purpose. These are really amazing EQ's ... in fact, I'm finding this to be true of each of these NVC controlled libraries. :mrgreen:

So my apologies ... with my newly built Mastering room and all these 'toys' ... I hope you understand :lol:

8-) 8-) 8-)

RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby garyk_123 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:16 pm

RJ I for one am grateful for your dedication, so no need to apologise for working flat out! As far as I'm concerned, you're developing Nebula 4 - analogue sound with analogue workflow. You need both to work the magic, and you're delivering. Keep up the good work and thanks!
garyk_123
User Level V
User Level V

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Any chance for a Mac 64 bit version? :D
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries