Login

Cupwise release- Nolard Spring Reverb & Tape Delay FX

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: Cupwise release- Nolard Spring Reverb & Tape Delay FX

Postby Cupwise » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:51 pm

yeah it would be possible. but, i feel like, releasing 'delay' programs without any delay, isn't something i want to do. i enjoy trying to solve problems and find ways around nebula's limitations. and i know the delays in this set are limited, but they are functional and i think they can be used in productions.

instead of releasing delay without delay, i'd rather think on ways to improve what i've done with this set. BUT, you are onto something there... if you really wanted to, you could sculpt your own, custom made 'analog delay', using any programs at your disposal. you could use eric's studer or nag, or any of michaels tape stuff, or my cassette tape stuff, combined with any eq programs... and probably come up with some really awesome delays. you could even do it with these programs, just add more delay to the faster ones so you can fine tune how much you get. only problem is feedback (if you wanted it). if your DAW allows feedback routing, or you could use one of those virtual bus type vsts, but then nebulas buffer can still be a problem.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby Cupwise » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:15 am

audio clips are up. i think the delay ones show that even though you are limited to the 20 delay effects, the delay side of the set is very useable and can sound great. you can use them in at least 3 different ways- for doubling, repeating echos, or as a kind of fake echo.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby drecchiarex » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:49 am

Mr Cupwise,

EXCELLENT release. There's a certain spaciousness to both the delay and reverb that only Nebula can perform. Nailed it!

Might I suggest a compromise for future delays (or if you get your hands on an RE-201...)... I have no idea how much work goes into each delay program, but if it's not too much, sample at 5 or 10 BPM increments. I supposed whatever your patience and time allows.

The sound is beyond good enough that I would "snap" my projects at 5-10 BPM multiples to grant myself use of this set. You could just sample single taps and leverage the feedback control.

You could recreate the multi-tap effects by... you guessed it... loading multiple Nebula instances at varying tempos.

Sure, there's a lot of magic in how the Rolands handle different speeds etc... but the tonal quality of this delay is so friggin' good, I want it to be my go to.

Thanks again for another amazing set!
drecchiarex
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Cupwise » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:45 am

thats a good suggestion. the delays in this set, i only had limited access to the hardware, so the focus was getting the spring reverb down, with the EQ settings i planned out, which took some time. i had some time left over, so i just did some tape delay settings to see if they would give me something usable, because honestly i didn't think they would come out right.

when i finally made some working test programs out of them, i was pleasantly surprised. but because of my limited access, and not knowing if they would work, i could only take a few different delays, and didn't really think too far ahead about ways to possibly do it better.

now i'm thinking about that and i'm getting some very cool ideas, and your suggestion just gave me a few more... but it will probably be down the road before i can get back to it. i'll need much more access to whatever i do this with (i'll have to buy it).
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby drecchiarex » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:31 am

I'm not sure how or where to start such a thing, but I've always had the idea of a "Developer Group Donation" whereby the Nebula community would pool money and donate it to a developer to purchase an agreed upon piece of gear to Nebulize. I suppose, for the sake of organization, the developer would have to initiate the request and the community would react and donate accordingly.

Seems like quite a idealist concept but I think it's possible. The up front money would buy the gear and then the back end money (to buy the finished program) would fund the labor. And, you now own a sweet piece of gear, further incentivizing you.

It would be another thing that would set Nebula apart in lieu of what I hope to be a revolutionary and revitalizing update. :geek:
drecchiarex
User Level III
User Level III

Postby drecchiarex » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:34 am

And, of course, only certain pieces of gear would be realistic give the relatively small size of the Nebula community.

I thought of this specifically for getting you a nice RE-201 and making it worth it for you to sample a #$&% ton of BPMs - epic unprecedented Nebula delay program!
drecchiarex
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Cupwise » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:03 am

that's a nice thought, but even though this set has been fairly popular, the money i've made off of it would probably not buy one of these particular hardware units, and thats money from purchases where the customer is getting to download the thing right after paying. but i'm not complaining, it's doing ok. i just don't see a donate system working, and i wouldn't want to ask that of people anyway. thanks for the consideration/thought tho. :)

i've got some (not a ton!) money saved up now that i can use to do some things with. and i have lots of things (which i think are really cool, and hopefully they come out well) going on too, so time is starting to become my biggest roadblock.

anyway, i just uploaded a new manual for this set to my site, with the delay times as has been requested. turns out i was off. the first one is around 60ms and after that they raise by about 40ms. so anyone can go download the updated manual from my page, and over-write your older manual with the new one. the delay info is towards the end of the manual.
Cupwise
Expert
Expert

Postby indelible » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Cupwise wrote:that's a nice thought, but even though this set has been fairly popular, the money i've made off of it would probably not buy one of these particular hardware units, and thats money from purchases where the customer is getting to download the thing right after paying. but i'm not complaining, it's doing ok. i just don't see a donate system working, and i wouldn't want to ask that of people anyway. thanks for the consideration/thought tho. :)

i've got some (not a ton!) money saved up now that i can use to do some things with. and i have lots of things (which i think are really cool, and hopefully they come out well) going on too, so time is starting to become my biggest roadblock.

anyway, i just uploaded a new manual for this set to my site, with the delay times as has been requested. turns out i was off. the first one is around 60ms and after that they raise by about 40ms. so anyone can go download the updated manual from my page, and over-write your older manual with the new one. the delay info is towards the end of the manual.

Thanks for this!Super cool.I'm getting this library as soon as I can
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby pleplo » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:22 am

hey guys if you are curious how the awesome cupwise tape delay sound like I use it a lot on this new song I just finished mixing.

hope you guys like the vibe thanks to tim :)
Enjoy
Patrick

https://soundcloud.com/patrickpleauaudi ... s-ruff-mix
Plajia new album Piggie Park out NOW. (Pronounced plah-gee-ah) We make music, fock a genre. On Spotify and Bandcamp www.plajia.com
pleplo
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby indelible » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Bought it!
indelible
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries