Login

consoles...Consoles...CONSOLES

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: consoles...Consoles...CONSOLES

Postby mastermat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:23 am

Modern Black Console Pro sounded best to me....
but I wouldn´t say that any of the consoles did anything to the file that really made it sound "better"...of course they sound different from the original, but better? I know some free plugs that make subtle changes on a file which are at least as pleasant...
globe console sounded actually much worse than the original file....sorry, I know that´s all a matter of taste, but to my ears that console did something to the HF that sounded somehow "artificial" and unnatural..
that´s the opposite of what I expected........up to that point I rather think I will not purchase any console...hopefully the third party eqs I bought (analog in the box) sound better...or I will be sure I wasted money and time on the whole nebula thing, (especially the things that costs money)...actaually I liked the free nebula stuff (I think it was CM version) when I tried it at a friends place, nothing spectacular, but nice.... maybe I expect too much from the stuff you have to pay for??? hopefully not....still frustrated waiting for my authorisation...this starts to suck!!
mastermat
User Level I
User Level I

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:44 am

mastermat wrote:Modern Black Console Pro sounded best to me....
but I wouldn´t say that any of the consoles did anything to the file that really made it sound "better"...of course they sound different from the original, but better? I know some free plugs that make subtle changes on a file which are at least as pleasant...
globe console sounded actually much worse than the original file....sorry, I know that´s all a matter of taste, but to my ears that console did something to the HF that sounded somehow "artificial" and unnatural..
that´s the opposite of what I expected........up to that point I rather think I will not purchase any console...hopefully the third party eqs I bought (analog in the box) sound better...or I will be sure I wasted money and time on the whole nebula thing, (especially the things that costs money)...actaually I liked the free nebula stuff (I think it was CM version) when I tried it at a friends place, nothing spectacular, but nice.... maybe I expect too much from the stuff you have to pay for??? hopefully not....still frustrated waiting for my authorisation...this starts to suck!!

Would you consider mixes that hadn't been EQ'd or compressed to be finished? No? Me either. And yet that's what you're critiquing as though they were finished mixes. The differences the consoles impart are, for most people, a starting point, not the end of the mix.

If you have any mixing experience you should be able to hear why each of the consoles works as a starting point (versus the original signal).
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby mastermat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 am

I´m not saying that the sound of the consoles is bad - apart from globe console, which really does sound bad, at least to my ears, on that file, in my studio, over my converters (lynx aurora) and on my speakers (ATC SCM25A Pro) - and I´m not saying that the file sounds bad or not finished or anything (don´t know how one could think that after reading my post, anyway...)...but what I am saying is: they don´t sound better than the original....honestly, isn´t that the reason why one should use them (and what the people who sell them promise)...if they don´t make a file sound better, please tell me why one should use them...
I own a lot hi end hardware and believe me.... if I send a signal through maybe my stc8 comp without doing anything apart from using the outputgain...and I A/B it later on the same sound level....it actually will sound better...so what´s the point of the consoles...no offend I just try to understand why anyone want to use it...to my ears the original file sounded nice....nothing any of the consoles did to it was an improvement at all to me...
mastermat
User Level I
User Level I

Postby ngarjuna » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:48 am

That issue (the fact that these are extremely exaggerated in order to clearly differentiate between the different libraries) is addressed in the OP and throughout the thread. Hopefully somebody will hook you up with your authorization soon so you can stop trolling the forums.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby mastermat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:56 am

yes hopefully ;) are you offended, just because I have my own opinion on the matter?....do you only want people replying to your thread, that are the same opinion? I thought forums are about controversy....really no offend here on my side (I can´t actually say that from your posts regarding their tone) relax and accept that everybody has the right to have an own opinion, ok?
mastermat
User Level I
User Level I

Postby mastermat » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:43 am

as I´m still waiting for my authorisation I´m still strolling the forums (so sorry....) and I listened to the console samples again...and again...I made some different short loops to be able to instantly compare maybe the sound of a kick and a snare....and I really must say...there´s no improvement at all....actually most consoles sound worse than the original...black and blue vintage console sounded ok but def. also no improvement to the original... and 3D??? have you ever tried a thermionic vulture culture (hardware)? that´s what I call 3D and subtle....
I think I don´t get the point why anyone should use this...so sorry to say that - I really am, no sarcasm here at all, I wish I could say something different...now I really want to hear the analog in the box EQs....I will post my experiences....as soon as this ridiculous authorisation process is finished...
mastermat
User Level I
User Level I

Postby himhui » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:33 am

VCC may suit you cos even a deaf can hear the effect... :lol:
97v4 /Win7 x64 /64G ram /Nvidia Quadro K620
Reaper 5.29 /X-Touch
Prism Orpheus /RME Babyface Pro
himhui
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 am

Hi mastermat,

I'm confused by your posting ...

You say you are waiting for your authorization ... how are you able to load any of the commercial libraries ???
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Mauri » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:56 pm

RJHollins wrote:Hi mastermat,

I'm confused by your posting ...

You say you are waiting for your authorization ... how are you able to load any of the commercial libraries ???

I've been able to load third party libraries without being a 'Customer' (but I was 'Registered'), only the Nebula commercial libraries would'nt load.

BTW, I too am not a big believer in these 'console' emulations.

Mauri.
Cubase Pro 8 x64 + jBridge, W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs + 3 SSDs for samples & project files, i7 5930K @ 4.2GHz, ASUS X99 Pro, 32GB RAM, RME HDSPe AIO, 2 x UAD2 Solo, Mackie HR624 MK2, 2 x 24" BenQ LED monitors, Nebula 3 Pro & Server x64.
Mauri
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Goldfish » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:56 pm

mastermat wrote:Modern Black Console Pro sounded best to me....

That is simply crazy. I seriously question your experience and ability in these matters.
Goldfish
User Level IV
User Level IV

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries