Login

consoles...Consoles...CONSOLES

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: consoles...Consoles...CONSOLES

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Just registered and tried the beta of 'VSTForx'.

It too has an issue with incorrect samplerate when you reload a saved preset chain :cry:

Still looking ... AND, we NEED the developers to get this resolved :shock:
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby Grim » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:34 pm

I've been using Acon Chainer for simple chaining & rendering within Cubase & haven't had any SR problems.

No fancy routing options but for saving tape/desk combinations to render it's worked perfectly.
Grim

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:56 am

No luck with any of them. It would be nice if the developers were able to make a chainer that reported the huge nebula latency to the daw. For now I can work around it but it would be nice :)
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:49 am

ngarjuna wrote:For me, the chaining potential of REAPER is a huge feature for a Nebula heavy user like myself. It not only saves instances but also the entire plugin state. It seems like the kind of FX handling feature any host should have.

I hate proselytism but ... Reaper is reaaaally the sh%^&t at least on a composer/producer point of view (you know what...even for mix and mastering engineers).
We all know (almost ;) )that sound-wise all DAW are the same but functionality-wise Reaper is unbeatable and as a lot of us, I had try a lot of them...

Henry,I just have an inspiration while rendering and I don't know what it worth but :
Just for chaining purposes :
Download Reaper and rewire it (hope that Sonar do it) and see if you can use it as a big ass super chainer.

If it change your life FOREVER,you owe me one of your nice Nebula preset ;) .

Rendering time's over ...
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby ngarjuna » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:55 am

Acually that's an interesting idea, rewiring REAPER as a chained might work really well. If nothing else, it should prove very stable and it does handle Nebula very well.
ngarjuna
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 pm

ngarjuna wrote:it does handle Nebula very well

Yes that's for sure.Now,can Sonar handle rewire ?
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby Henry Olonga » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Hmm - interesting - I have reaper here but am too used to Sonar. Maybe worth a shot. I always found reaper to be amazingly stable and responsive.Almost all the nebula presets I have made are free. I will post the others I have been working on on my blog soon. I don't have the time to sample properly or support so I will just offer them for free.

Best
Henry Olonga
Expert
Expert

Postby elam » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:40 pm

H,
Stick to Sonar if it does what you need and most importantly if you're used to it.
To create a chain in Reaper there's no learning curve.Open the FXs you need and chain them in whatever order you need.You can change the order anytime.Click on FX/"save Fx chain" ad you're done.

Now you need to find a way to rewire your tracks in Sonar and Reaper, do a little research on Reaper's forum or ask Reaper's gurus like Mercado Negro for a little help.I can't help you for that part.
Good luck.
elam
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby vicnestE » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:25 pm

h-man wrote:Hmm - interesting - I have reaper here but am too used to Sonar. Maybe worth a shot. I always found reaper to be amazingly stable and responsive.Almost all the nebula presets I have made are free. I will post the others I have been working on on my blog soon. I don't have the time to sample properly or support so I will just offer them for free.

Best

Me too an old Sonar user who found reaper pretty good for nebula mixing.

No automation latency + FX instance renaming + FX chain for loading multiple nebula instances at once.
vicnestE
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jshonuff » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Back to the topic Consoles Consoles

listening to the audio there is a difference. You must have good speakers and a spec to like span or Gliss eq to see and you must use Wavelab/sound forge or a program like it. Before i start they have user manuals that you can see the spec. Here is what i came up with.

VBCVnt- The bass is lower that the rest
Conlogic Punch- highs gone a little
VBCC- Bass Gone
Vanilla- Bass Heavy
Con White- Bass Heavy
White Clean- Superbass
Trid- highs and lows was good but it sounded compressed
Logic clean- highs gone
Globe- High Highs
to me the
CLC and CBM where just about the same
so if i had to pick it would be