Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby cehas » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:11 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I'm still dying to get this MFC!!! I think I'll offer Alex B double the price haha

Go for it, just throw this baby on the master, switch to high TIMED kernel rates when rendering and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

It's hard to imagine that any console could actually sound better than this.
cehas
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby jpchartrand » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 am

I got the console but couldn't get passed authorization :!:
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby Jordi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:51 pm

Hello!
I have a question towards the program PrecisionAnalog Panner. The question is easy to answer if you have clear jijiji. When using this program? Just behind the Console Buss Out or can also be used after the group buss console.

PS: When you put behind the console buss out the audio level drops considerably, I guess that makes up for it with out Nebula

Thanks for the clarification
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby jorismak » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:32 am

Depends on the pan LAW, and the pan-law your DAW uses.

Since this is a -3 or -4.5 pan law, that (normally) means that a centered signal get's _lowered_ to compensate. So that if you put a signal only on your left side it will sounds as the same level as being mono.

This can be done by boosting the sides, or lowering the center. This program does it by lowering the center, that's why you notice a level drop by just putting it on in the center position.

For example, the same thing happens in Reaper when you change the default pan-law from 'none' to '-3' or '-4.5'. The center get's dropped.
jorismak

Postby Jordi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Very interesting! Thank you!

So we could say that the Pan -4.5 helps us open our mix towards the sides, giving a greater sense of openness, at least this is what I also noticed, in part, to a decrease of the level. And I work with reaper, you say that probaré PAN. But if you're so kind, that just ¡s used at the output of the Master Buss, right? Do not use in or in subgroups or individual channels, right?

Thank you for the answer
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby marcpl » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:31 am

hi,

I think i'm going to buy this on Friday. does alex have direct download after purchase yet? or is it still like the old days where you fill out the purchase form and then wait to hear back from them?

I love alex's libraries but always found his purchasing process very off-putting.

thanks,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jorismak » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:52 am

Jordi wrote:So we could say that the Pan -4.5 helps us open our mix towards the sides, giving a greater sense of openness, at least this is what I also noticed, in part, to a decrease of the level. And I work with reaper, you say that probaré PAN. But if you're so kind, that just ¡s used at the output of the Master Buss, right? Do not use in or in subgroups or individual channels, right?

Well, no not really. This basic panning theory. Do know that the 'precision analog panner' AlexB supplies with MFC is a little special analog panner device he created himself and then sampled. Any 'openness' it might give you is probably because of this :).

Basic panning: When you put a signal all the way on the left side, it's only on the right speaker. When you put a signal all the way on the right side, it's only the right speaker. How do you get something in the center? By placing it on both the left and right speakers.
But what happens when you have two signals and you add them together? They get louder!
So without any pan law, a signal that is centered is louder than the same signal on just the left or right side. Consoles had pan laws built in so that this volume differences is compensated. So when something is centered, the volume is lowered to compensate for the fact that it are two signals added together.

Without any pan law, if you start panning something hard left, it would go to the left but also loose in level (and energy). The idea of a pan law is that if you pan something left, you really hear it going to the left without anything else (like level) changing.

Reaper defaults to no pan law after a clean install, but can be changed (in project settings) to be -3, -4.5 or anything you want (boosting the sides or lowering the center), and can be altered per channel (and on the master). It's normal to have the same setting on all channels though! For bus-groups I sometimes change it, but that's it. I know Presonus Studio One 2.6 has a pan law of -3 that can't be changed (and I think cubase will have the same then?). Old N**e desks had -3 while (old) S*L desks had -4.5?

Anyway, don't confuse the effects of pan-law (proper panning without volume loss) with any analog magic the AlexB panner might add :).
jorismak

Postby ce1909 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:51 pm

You need to keep the DAW's pan law @0 when using MFC's so
what about using the panner in summing mode?

Can it be used on the buss after the stems have been mixed down using -3 panlaw or won't it translate correctly?
i7 5820k, 32GB RAM, Win7 x64
ce1909
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby jpchartrand » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Just wanted to report that I upgraded to the latest version and MFC still doesn't work for me.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:41 pm

@ jpchartrand: did you right click and installed it as an administrator?
Don't know if you're on win7 or Mac, but that's important on win7 to get it to work.
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries