Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby AlexB » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:21 pm

What suggested in the user manual about MAST page is a general basic setting useful for all libraries.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby sfabs » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 pm

thanks Alex

Sounds great by the way, really enjoying it
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby sfabs » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:28 pm

thanks Alex

Sounds great by the way, really enjoying it
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby vicnestE » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:08 am

This library does show some characteristic of the punchy but defined low frequency from Daft Punk's RAM.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul13/articles/daft-punk.htm
Search for "88"

Amazing vocal denser too.
vicnestE
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:10 am

I am loving this console way too much. It's been kicking other consoles from older projects, but I don't need to feel to bad about that because it is replacing some older presets from Alex......I tend to favor one console library for a while so I don't get distracted by "stuff" and it helps me define a "sound". It's like shopping and deciding on one console to install in a studio....so I consider this a "remodeling and upgrade" to my studio. There is something different about this than any other console library (to my ears), and whatever it is (improved sampling, converter upgrade....whatever the secret is...), and I am loving it. I am just starting a new project from scratch and am looking forward to using this exclusively from start to finish. Super nice work on this Alex!!
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby dacaveprods » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:34 am

richie43 wrote:I am loving this console way too much. It's been kicking other consoles from older projects, but I don't need to feel to bad about that because it is replacing some older presets from Alex......I tend to favor one console library for a while so I don't get distracted by "stuff" and it helps me define a "sound". It's like shopping and deciding on one console to install in a studio....so I consider this a "remodeling and upgrade" to my studio. There is something different about this than any other console library (to my ears), and whatever it is (improved sampling, converter upgrade....whatever the secret is...), and I am loving it. I am just starting a new project from scratch and am looking forward to using this exclusively from start to finish. Super nice work on this Alex!!

Alex also said that he will be upgrading the other consoles too, Which should b NiCE!!!
dacaveprods

Postby richie43 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:56 am

dacaveprods wrote:Alex also said that he will be upgrading the other consoles too, Which should b NiCE!!!

It will/would indeed be nice. To be fair, I hope that even though Alex has mentioned that people don't freak out if these updates don't happen too soon...That's a huge job and I would be totally cool if Alex sampled different gear instead for a while....Whatever he does, I am sure that the stunning quality of this library will be the new standard.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby darren » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Just wondering why, unlike your other excellent consoles, you did not choose to sample several channels?

Did you find that every channel on the mixer was identical?

To be clear, I can see from the manual that there are further channels with your own predefined EQ curve choices, but when I ask about channels I am referring to the usual selection of line/mic input channels that you usually bring to the table.

Cheers
darren
User Level X
User Level X

Postby Will The Weirdo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:48 pm

My guess would be that each channel had very little difference on the board, so he did just on channel and allowed us to adjust Nebula in small amounts to change the sound per channel. It's been a while since I drove a VR, (Green Room Chung King?) but I remember it being pretty open sound wise. I like the one channel, adjust it yourself method.

When I upgrade Nebula this is the first on my list... with those new Tim Petrherick Phasers next.
System 1 - i7 5820K Win 7 x64, Studio One 3.2, Reaper 5, Live 9.6

System 2 - AMD 1100T Win 7 x64, PT HD2 10.3.7

"In cognitively demanding fields, there are no naturals." - Simon and Chase
Will The Weirdo
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby jpchartrand » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:39 pm

What EQ would you guys suggest to go along with this console?

Also...in Nebula Setups it shows 5088RS under Modern White Console which I also purchased. Anyone would know why? Are they not different consoles?
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries