Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby RJHollins » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:39 am

... TimeD version compared to Freqed ...

Definitely not a 'one size fits all' ... sometimes it works really well ... and other times ... :roll:

I think the question was specific 'meter' settings in Nebula.

Originally I thought these 'metering' choices were visual only ... but I remember reading a discussion that seem to imply that the 'metering' has direct impact on Nebula's audio engine.

Maybe someone recalls this and can refresh us, or point to a link.

thx
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby myimo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi wondered if others are having this issue.
Need to upgrade to at least version 1.3.602 to use this library.
I'm on Win7 x64 and followed all instructions.

Update:

I found the problem was a failing HD.
After replacing with a new Drive the Latest Nebula program installed and I was able to quickly get a new .ser using the "My licenses" "request" function on this site.
Last edited by myimo on Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby jorismak » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:58 pm

In my experience, first test if your Nebula is properly authorized.

Most easy way to do is I find is try to load some of the REVERB programs from the Acustica library. I was running for months without knowing my authorization was not OK out of nowhere.

If that's OK, make sure you also installed (and upgraded!) Nebula x86. Since NAT is not x64 it was only supplied in the x86 package (at least, it once was that way). Maybe you upgraded nebula x64 but not x86 so NAT is still an old version.

After that, inside the NAT folder is also a init.n2v/init.n2p. Make a backup of these just in case, and put your init.n2v/init.n2p from your Nebula in there (in PRograms\ and in Vectors\). Basically, put the files in there from your license.

For me, NAT3 suddenly worked again with 1.3.602 after that.
jorismak

Postby myimo » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks jorismak yes the reverb programs all work and my authorization looks the same as when I bought it
but that brings up something.
I've read about NAT but I have no idea what it looks like when its working properly.

How do I know when NAT is actually working after it is installed?

Thanks
myimo
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby jorismak » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:30 pm

If you never needed it, I don't think you need it now, and then we sure don't need to discuss it in this thread. So if you have questions, open up another thread about it please.

NAT looks like an ugly old-skool Windows program if I say it myself :). If it works, it doesn't 'click on and off' like you said it, it just starts and opens a window.

It is used to create and modify Nebula programs and is not needed to operate Nebula with supplied or 3rd party libraries.
jorismak

Postby mtalavera » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Just purchased a few days ago and will start using it today. This is my first Nebula console program, so the first question I have is in regards to stereo tracks. Most of the tracks I work with are mono except for synths. Would it be best to break the stereo tracks into to mono tracks or can I put a Mic or Line in on a stereo track just fine?
mtalavera

Postby Shibata » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:41 am

mtalavera wrote:Just purchased a few days ago and will start using it today. This is my first Nebula console program, so the first question I have is in regards to stereo tracks. Most of the tracks I work with are mono except for synths. Would it be best to break the stereo tracks into to mono tracks or can I put a Mic or Line in on a stereo track just fine?

If i'am not mistaken, on kernel page you can switch from
Mono-L mode (which is actually a stereo) to Stereo.

From manual:
Please note that the mono mode does
not mean you will drop the stereo information, it means that Nebula will only process both left and
right channels using mono kernels, it operates as if you were using the same ideal channel for all
your stereo tracks, processing them separately. Enable this feature for equalisers or filters, especially
if you are using them for mastering.
Attachments
Neve 88RS.jpg
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:32 pm

I am a bit behind schedule and wanted to post some about this amazing new console. Just when I thought I was done trying and buying console libraries..... This one is crazy-good. To do a full but slightly easy test, I reloaded and old project that is complete, pretty large and complex, and had never been "Nebulized". So I rendered (bounced for all of you non-Reaperites) a quick mix of the song with minimal buss compression, zero eq. and zero Nebula anywhere. Then I processed the tracks in various ways (a little tube, tape, and very heavy with the new console library), and then added many buss instances on group busses and master buss. Still no eq or any moe compression than the first "raw" mix, and identical levels and panning. The differences between the 2 are really remarkable. Not night and day, but if that were the case, this would be some "blanket over your audio" effect, not the slippery-slidey-subtle Nebula that we know and love. But to folks in audio, the differences are truly remarkable.

I played the 2 mixes for 3 different well-trained audio engineers, did not tell them anything about the 2 mixes, and asked them what they thought and FELT. They all unanimously liked the "Nebulized" version, and for very subtle and sometimes indescribable reasons. "Felt better", "more girth", "warmer", "more organic and cohesive" were some of the comments I got. No one said "more analogue", which I think is good because that can be a mixed message from some people! One person did say that they thought one had "more soul" and felt like it came from a better studio or from a better engineer"...lol. My non-Nebula self is a little insulted..... :P

Unfortunately, I am out the door and will have to post the clips later. But I wanted to say SOMETHING, Alex really did an outstanding job on this release. It's a great time for Nebula lately, don't you think?
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby kylen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:44 am

AlexB - I've purchased this excellent console and want to get the best sound out of it, in the manual you recommend: "edit the Nebula XML file by changing the FIXEDQUALITY from 0 to 1". I've done that but wanted to know what does that do in the case of MFC, I'm a layman (not a dev) concerning the nebula engine so please give me some info for an end-user. Thanks!
kylen

Postby sfabs » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:58 pm

I too have purchased the console and am enjoying it. I had a question about the changes to the MAST page, I have set Nebula to Guru mode and saved it. This I have been informed changes my Nebula settings for ALL my presets to Guru. Alex B recommends setting Nebula into Guru mode for the modern flag ship console... although I also have Alex B's CLC console and CLEQ presets amongst other nebula presets, my question is whether Guru mode (I understand slightly more processor intensive) whilst being best for the modern flagship console is also equally appropriate for CLC, CLEQ and other libraries?? or should I be switching the mode back for my other libraries...?
sfabs
User Level XI
User Level XI

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries