Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:07 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote: So I guess these are presets you could achieve by applying EQ and maybe compression from the EQ/comp libraries related to the same console, right ?

Sure, but one of the nice things with these presets (for me at least) is the "load and go" convenience. Sometimes for me fewer options makes work more productive. I can get mired with endlessly trying options if I am not careful.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:33 pm

richie43 wrote:
Avgatzeblouz wrote: So I guess these are presets you could achieve by applying EQ and maybe compression from the EQ/comp libraries related to the same console, right ?

Sure, but one of the nice things with these presets (for me at least) is the "load and go" convenience. Sometimes for me fewer options makes work more productive. I can get mired with endlessly trying options if I am not careful.


Yeah yeah, I'm with you, I was just wondering what processing these busses had received. Thanks for the clarification.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:Yeah yeah, I'm with you, I was just wondering what processing these busses had received. Thanks for the clarification.

Email or message Alex, he is usually super-happy to explain his libraries. I think the "processing" is only some eq.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4857
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:56 pm

will do, and will let you know.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby ryancost » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm interested learning more about these busses as well. I just wanted to echo the comments that MFC sounds incredible. I have both MFC and the A16 - sometimes the A16 can be almost a little too forward, so I have been experimenting with combining them. For example, acoustic guitar sounds great with MFC Line In and A16 on the master. Nebula gives some really cool opportunities for combinations...
ryancost
User Level IV
User Level IV
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 am

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby AlexB » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:34 pm

In the GroupBus and MixBus there is an hardware eQ patched with very little adjustment.
The "Clean" preset it's the pure Bus.

For the GroupBus it can be a vintage Pultec, Vintage 1073, Vintage A*I etc.

For the MixBus Modern preset, it is the channel eQ of the sampled console.

ALL new consoles are sampled in this way.

User manual says that.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
User avatar
AlexB
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: NW Italy

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:46 pm

AlexB wrote:In the GroupBus and MixBus there is an hardware eQ patched with very little adjustment.
The "Clean" preset it's the pure Bus.

For the GroupBus it can be a vintage Pultec, Vintage 1073, Vintage A*I etc.

For the MixBus Modern preset, it is the channel eQ of the sampled console.

ALL new consoles are sampled in this way.

User manual says that.


Thanks.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests