Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby jpn » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:53 pm

RJHollins wrote:Yeah ... All MF series have been Re-Authorized.

Thanks AlexB.

The MFC Console sounds phenomenal. :mrgreen:

Now with my new i7-5820K based system, I am able to run more NEBs and Acquas without hitting any limits yet.

Now to rebuild all my custom Nebulas with NebSetUps [by Zab].

Starting to feel pretty good about my new computer investment ... still, so much more to install and test.

8-)

congratulations on your new machine RJHollins. ;)
Yes .... I downloaded the demo .. and MF sounds great.
jpn

Postby richie43 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:16 pm

RJHollins wrote:Now to rebuild all my custom Nebulas with NebSetUps [by Zab]. 8-)

Having a more powerful system is quite liberating, eh?
I don't remember all of the details of what happened with your old system, but was it totally catastrophic? As in nothing retrievable? I ask because when I migrated to my new i7, I was able to save myself TONS of work by importing all of the NebSetup configs, dll's, etc, and just reset the info pointing things to the repository. I also renamed partition names on the new system to match the old system so MANY potential issues were suddenly null.....Just asking....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:51 pm

richie43 wrote:
RJHollins wrote:Now to rebuild all my custom Nebulas with NebSetUps [by Zab]. 8-)

Having a more powerful system is quite liberating, eh?
I don't remember all of the details of what happened with your old system, but was it totally catastrophic? As in nothing retrievable? I ask because when I migrated to my new i7, I was able to save myself TONS of work by importing all of the NebSetup configs, dll's, etc, and just reset the info pointing things to the repository. I also renamed partition names on the new system to match the old system so MANY potential issues were suddenly null.....Just asking....

Hi Richie.

My old system got hit with a suspect 'power surge' that took out the motherboard and graphics card. Not sure about the Q9450 CPU ... no way to test that yet.

Anyway. Had to do something. Thought best to invest in a new build rather than repair an old XP system.

The scavenged all hard drives, burner, and audio card into the new system. To that I started with 2 new WD Black drives for the OP SYS and storage. All drives show up and accessible.

Time savers ! Maybe this could/ should be a new thread :oops: but I did drag the origin 'Nebulatemprepository' onto the new C drive. That seem to work.

Mainly to redo the custom Nebs. They are all 32-bit Server versions. My last night thought was to drag them all into my VST-64 folder, then replace the DLL's. I 'think' the XML files would be fine ... but I don't know for sure.

Always open for a better way to do :)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby richie43 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:32 pm

I think you have the right idea. I would try using the dll's and replace them with 64bit (using Nebula Setups...brilliant!). The xml's will be fine as long as all path names are the same...that's what I was talking about.
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby NoNameComesInMind » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:58 pm

tried the demo, sounds amazing so does the demo files, thank you for releasing various sample rates too, will certainly buy this when i'll get Nebula, i'll have to dig into this more, so many libraries held high by members here keeps me on toes.
your fifty88 preamp in Nebula free really does some magic.

best,
EQualizer, Nebula, Coffee.
NoNameComesInMind

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Hey guys, does anyone know what has been used to do the different busses (drums, synth, guitars,etc...). Eq on the console ? hitting the bus differently ?

Thanks.
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby timdestexhe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Finally decided to buy it today. Just played around with it and its am-a-zing. Never thought the difference would be that noticeable. It's that 10% I was missing in my mixes. Thank you AlexB you are a genius!
Nebula, Pearl, Magenta, Honey, Aquamarine, Titanium
timdestexhe
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby hwasser » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:30 pm

Avgatzeblouz wrote:Hey guys, does anyone know what has been used to do the different busses (drums, synth, guitars,etc...). Eq on the console ? hitting the bus differently ?

Thanks.

The manuals used to have graphs. I think the buss channel has been slighly adjusted (gain, eq etc), so It uses the console-EQ and stuff. The old CLC (SLL4000) used to have a setting called background vocals which I found actually worked really well with background vocals ^^
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:06 pm

hwasser wrote:The manuals used to have graphs. I think the buss channel has been slighly adjusted (gain, eq etc), so It uses the console-EQ and stuff. The old CLC (SLL4000) used to have a setting called background vocals which I found actually worked really well with background vocals ^^

All (or most) of the new console libraries still have the multiple buss presets (BG Vocals, Guitar, Synth, etc)
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby Avgatzeblouz » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:01 pm

richie43 wrote:
hwasser wrote:The manuals used to have graphs. I think the buss channel has been slighly adjusted (gain, eq etc), so It uses the console-EQ and stuff. The old CLC (SLL4000) used to have a setting called background vocals which I found actually worked really well with background vocals ^^

All (or most) of the new console libraries still have the multiple buss presets (BG Vocals, Guitar, Synth, etc)

So I guess these are presets you could achieve by applying EQ and maybe compression from the EQ/comp libraries related to the same console, right ?
Avgatzeblouz
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries