Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby AlexB » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Hello,

thank you Jorismak for your complete and nice reply ;)

about mixbus you can insert the preset as first or where you like, as usual: use your ears. However I recommend to NOT insert any equalizer, mastering compressor, tape, limiter in the mixbus chain. Leave all this for the mastering session. At least you can insert a mixbus compressor for a very light compression (-1 or -2dB of GR) but don't try to make a mix-mastering in one time. If you respect the correct gain staging you can't clip the mixbus, even sounding loud. The audio demo prove it.

The console equalizer, filters and compressor will be released in the next months. So we'll have a complete channel stip. (The equalizer is simply fan-tas-tic!)

Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:56 pm

AlexB wrote:Hello,
The console equalizer, filters and compressor will be released in the next months. So we'll have a complete channel stip. (The equalizer is simply fan-tas-tic!)

I think this calls for a 'Group HUG' :lol:

THANK-YOU !
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Shibata » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:27 pm

jorismak wrote:I only have no idea (google would fix this) what kind of EQ modules would have been in a real N**e 88RS.

Google says that is 8803 Dual Channel Equalizer
http://www.ams-neve.com/products/outboa ... -equalizer
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Jordi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:36 pm

Thank you very much for your explanations Jorismak now if I think I understand everything! A pleasure to find people like you in this forum, that they patiently educating the uneducated people like me. Actually, I know the law of Pan law, try looking for more information about how this applies to this channel and stereo busses. So decrees to better the range -3 / +3 db of Panner. Many thanks Jorismak.

And great news that there is a full channel strip for the next month, however, the question is, in the future you can get a bundle of everything, or must aquirir each product separately. Is asking me to buy now MBC is discounted, or expected me to have the bundle.

Thanks, you too AlexB for your great work!
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby AlexB » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:51 pm

8803 is a "not good" equalizer, to my taste... Nothing to do with the equalizer in the console. Be patient and you can hear how the heaven sounds. :D

About the bundle, no. They will be sold separately.

About the panner, I suggest to all to try the new analog panner(s) (they will be come with the next console releases/upgrades also), I have built a new transparent circuit and it sounds more clean, open and deep. You can use it even as single instance to improve the sound of the track, also in mastering. ;)
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby Jordi » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:10 pm

thank you for your explanations Jorismak now if I think I understand everything! A pleasure to find people like you in this forum, that they patiently educating the uneducated people like me. Actually, I know the law of Pan law, try looking for more information about how this applies to this channel and stereo busses. So decrees to better the range -3 / +3 db of Panner. Many thanks Jorismak.

And great news that there is a full channel strip for the next month, however, the question is, in the future you can get a bundle of everything, or must aquirir each product separately. Is asking me to buy MFC is now discounted, or expected me to have the bundle.

Thanks, you too AlexB for your great work!
Jordi
User Level VII
User Level VII

Postby Shibata » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:17 pm

AlexB wrote:8803 is a "not good" equalizer, to my taste... Nothing to do with the equalizer in the console. Be patient and you can hear how the heaven sounds. :D

Impressive! Just bought the console and can't wait for eq and dynamics +)
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby Shibata » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Testing for few hours and must say, that this N**e 88RS console is very,very good. It can sound perfectly clean and pretty hard, full and open on a different materials, especially orchestra and rock, with a lot headroom - yes the headroom just huge!) Love it^^
As well as parallel mixing with LFE channel feature - makes me jump around :mrgreen:
Almost universal use of opportunities.
And when the rest of the eq/dyn fleet arrives, it would be planet killer!
Shibata
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:12 pm

I've had some playing time now with this latest release.

I THINK I now understand the naming convention.

This is indeed a 'M.F.Console' :shock:
:lol:

.... and I'm just checking it on stereo mixes ... haven't even got to a multi-trk session. :o

It may not be to everyone's style ... but for me, I like how it shapes the mix into a record. So many aspects of the envelope are being reshaped, it's tough to just single out a specific ... and, it can sound like its' doing nothing ... till you bypass it :o

Again ... I'm 2-mix listening. Look forward to a multi-trk mixing session I have.

BTW .... great job with the new PANNER ! Will there be a '4.5' version for the S*L ?
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Yes, the panner will be at -4.5dB also and the new balancing-panner for mastering at 0dB.
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries