Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby kindafishy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 am

hwasser wrote:When are the upgraded CLC gonna come? ;)

I bought 3 consoles a couple of months ago, the Modern Black Console, 1081 summing stuff (because I record most my stuff through a a 1081-inspired mic-pre, thought it could be a nice match) and a Classic Logic Console (from the knowledge that Nirvana - Nevermind and Metallica - Black Album was both mixed with it) and I played around with them for the first time today (been rather busy).

I exported a recorded drumkit that I've recorded. Then I inserted CLC-input on all channels, CLC-buss on the drumbus and CLC-master on the 2bus and exported again and compared the exported files for like 5 minutes.

Both sounded a bit different, the non-CLC-file sounded a little edge'ier (in a bad way) in the high-mids and the bassdrum sounded a little weak in the lows compared to the CLC-file. Sounds like the CLC lows is a bit thicker and tighter on the same time... thick but not boomy, very controlled bass..

I think I'm gonna use the CLC for modern Rock/Metal-stuff from now on. Thanks Alex! 8-)

Not sure about the black album, but Nevermind was done on a N**e console, not an S*L.
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby hwasser » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Recorded with a N**e desk, mixed with a S*L :)
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby kindafishy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 pm

hwasser wrote:Recorded with a N**e desk, mixed with a S*L :)

Right you are! My mistake. Shudda googled ;)
kindafishy
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby hwasser » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Just mixed my first song with a CLC on every channel and I was a little bit suprised that beside the color of the console, the instrument got more separated before I even start mixing, anyone else noticed that? :shock:

I prefer input3 on snare and bass, input4 on kickdrum, input 1&2 on guitars.
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby darkskar » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:40 pm

hwasser wrote:Just mixed my first song with a CLC (...)

Nice, but this is about the MFC :mrgreen:
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby elbadaoui » Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 am

biscoglio wrote:Hi Alex,

I love all of your products and ready to buy this beautiful console, but wanted to ask a question about the authorization. Is this a one-time authorization process? In other words, will I still be able to use this product in the future if you decide to stop working with Nebula? Just wanted to know after the AITB scare earlier this year. Seems unacceptable that something we buy might become unusable in the future. Thanks so much.

+1
elbadaoui
User Level 0
User Level 0

Postby richie43 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:22 pm

elbadaoui wrote:
biscoglio wrote:Hi Alex,

I love all of your products and ready to buy this beautiful console, but wanted to ask a question about the authorization. Is this a one-time authorization process? In other words, will I still be able to use this product in the future if you decide to stop working with Nebula? Just wanted to know after the AITB scare earlier this year. Seems unacceptable that something we buy might become unusable in the future. Thanks so much.

+1

I am not attempting to answer for Alex, but had a few things to throw in.
I have been a very vocal protester for copy protection, and shared the stress when the AITB "closure" was announced. But I also have been an equally vocal protester regarding software piracy and how if affects developers in very real and often times disastrous ways. In light of the very recent "attacks" with piracy, my feelings about software theft have totally won over the feelings against copy protection ironically. Of course a product may be unusable in the future, EVERY product may become obsolete and "broken" someday. I have yet to own a vehicle that has lasted forever, and that has remained true for all of my guitars, computers, mixing consoles, etc.
I am not defending the concept of software suddenly becoming inaccessible when we have a hard drive failure, OS corruption, or whatever. The idea sucks and seems "unfair". But I think it is even more unfair to expect any business (software or physical product) to offer me a product that they can guarantee to be available forever, at a fair price, and with no way for them to protect their own livelihood so that they can continue to offer products/services at a more-than-fair price.
I am not trying to minimize the concerns in the last post, I share the same concern (my main DAW is 4 years old and I know I will be replacing the entire system relatively soon, either by choice or because of catastrophic failure...it's inevitable). But I guess what I am saying is that developers like Alex have been cornered into a position with very few options: copy protection that does introduce some elements of obsolescence and issues for users, or releasing things with no copy protection and having it very likely offered for free very soon after release. Sad but true, but I have to support their copy protection despite the risks to users. These devs have proven (to me at least) that they have the utmost integrity and will do their best to serve their customers as best that they can.
Cheers.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby AlexB » Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Don't worry, my software will be usable for life.
Mix with the ears, not with the eyes...
Facebook
WebSite
AlexB
Expert
Expert

Postby zaminx » Sat May 24, 2014 1:12 pm

I have just used MFC for the first time on a full mix which was originally done using CLC. I have to say MFC even at 44.1khz blows the other console emulations away.

One very happy camper :D
zaminx
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby richie43 » Sat May 24, 2014 6:12 pm

AlexB wrote:Don't worry, my software will be usable for life.

Yay for this then!! I plan to live for a long time, so this is good news! :D
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries