Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby richie43 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:33 pm

SWANG wrote:for example, try using an auto panner plugin (which, as we know, is merely an automatic balance knob) on a mono file. then render it. i've never seen it not convert to "mock" stereo.

But as I said, in Reaper, it will render everything to either mono or stereo depending on what you specify. What plugin you add has nothing to do with it, you set it to render either mono or stereo and Reaper does that. You are using a "render to stereo" setting without knowing (if you are using Reaper).
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:43 pm

richie43 wrote:
SWANG wrote:for example, try using an auto panner plugin (which, as we know, is merely an automatic balance knob) on a mono file. then render it. i've never seen it not convert to "mock" stereo.

But as I said, in Reaper, it will render everything to either mono or stereo depending on what you specify.

again, a mono signal is a mono signal no matter what reaper renders it to.

What plugin you add has nothing to do with it, you set it to render either mono or stereo and Reaper does that.

i prefer to look at it a different way. repear has no idea what plugin i'm using or what its intended processing is supposed to yield. the fact that it gives you a "choice" is misleading and 9 times out of 10 will give you an undesired result. an autopanner is designed to be a stereo effect (as is any processor that effects the balance between channels). rendering a stereo effect (simply because one is given the choice to do so) to mono is counter-intuitive.

You are using a "render to stereo" setting without knowing (if you are using Reaper).

i don't use it (at least not often) so i can't speak to that.
Last edited by SWANG on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:47 pm

All I was saying is that in Reaper, the rendered file will be in "mock stereo" (waveform will look like a stereo waveform) if stereo is selected. And it will render a single momo-looking waveform if mono is selected. This is all due to user selection, and no plugin will over-ride this. We actually agree here, and I think it's gotten convoluted and confusing... :D Anyway, way off-topic now....
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert

Postby SWANG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:58 pm

richie43 wrote: We actually agree here, and I think it's gotten convoluted and confusing... :D Anyway, way off-topic now....

indeed we do agree. this is why i should spend less time on the net and more time in the lab. :lol:

sorry for derailing, all....
ok, bye!!!
SWANG
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby darkskar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:34 pm

richie43 wrote::D Anyway, way off-topic now....

Using this little off-topic:
How do you configure your Reaper when using the nebula panner? This way?
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby jorismak » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:03 pm

You don't configure it, since you're not using its panning anymore (you're using the plugin for that).

So yeah, the default which you selected there is fine.
jorismak

Postby darkskar » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:17 am

jorismak wrote:You don't configure it, since you're not using its panning anymore (you're using the plugin for that).

So yeah, the default which you selected there is fine.

I thought so but wanted to make sure!
Thank you! ;D
darkskar
User Level III
User Level III

Postby Martinez » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:25 am

I just purchased the Modern flagship eq and it's absolutely amazing!

What I'd really like to know is, was the way of sampling the eq the same that was used to sample the console?

If so it must be absolutely incredible sounding.
Martinez

Postby biscoglio » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:51 pm

Can't believe how good this EQ sounds. Cannot wait for the dynamics section :D to make the console complete
biscoglio
User Level IV
User Level IV

Postby hwasser » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:18 pm

When are the upgraded CLC gonna come? ;)

I bought 3 consoles a couple of months ago, the Modern Black Console, 1081 summing stuff (because I record most my stuff through a a 1081-inspired mic-pre, thought it could be a nice match) and a Classic Logic Console (from the knowledge that Nirvana - Nevermind and Metallica - Black Album was both mixed with it) and I played around with them for the first time today (been rather busy).

I exported a recorded drumkit that I've recorded. Then I inserted CLC-input on all channels, CLC-buss on the drumbus and CLC-master on the 2bus and exported again and compared the exported files for like 5 minutes.

Both sounded a bit different, the non-CLC-file sounded a little edge'ier (in a bad way) in the high-mids and the bassdrum sounded a little weak in the lows compared to the CLC-file. Sounds like the CLC lows is a bit thicker and tighter on the same time... thick but not boomy, very controlled bass..

I think I'm gonna use the CLC for modern Rock/Metal-stuff from now on. Thanks Alex! 8-)
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries