Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby Mercado_Negro » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I'll have to skip this one. I'm not buying from AlexB ever again due to extremely poor customer service. I'm sure it'll sound good though.


Hey man, that's terrible and I really hate poor customer support but it's weird from Alessandro. What happened, if I may ask?
i7 3770k :: Asus P8H77-V LE :: 16Gb DDR3 @1600MHz :: Geforce GT 520 :: OCZ-Vertex 128Gb :: WD Black Series 1Tb and Green Series 1Tb :: F*******e Liquid56 :: REAPER 64bit and StudioOne 64bit (both latest versions) :: Win 10 64bit
User avatar
Mercado_Negro
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:30 am

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:53 pm

I bought it. It wouldn't authorized. I was told the issue was on my side. I spent countless hours trying to make it work. It never worked. 1 month later I get an email from AlexB telling me he found the issue and to resend my SER number (that I had already sent 2-3 times). I sent it back. It finally worked. He asked me to pay full price. I was shocked but ended up paying it. For this I will never buy from him again and will make sure my peers don't as well.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby SWAN » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:01 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I bought it. It wouldn't authorized. I was told the issue was on my side. I spent countless hours trying to make it work. It never worked. 1 month later I get an email from AlexB telling me he found the issue and to resend my SER number (that I had already sent 2-3 times). I sent it back. It finally worked. He asked me to pay full price. I was shocked but ended up paying it. For this I will never buy from him again and will make sure my peers don't as well.


you paid the full price first - then you lost the time and it was eventually fixed. Or you tried to authorise and when finally got the fix he asked for full price? Sorry just to clarify...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby richie43 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:41 pm

SWAN wrote:you paid the full price first - then you lost the time and it was eventually fixed. Or you tried to authorise and when finally got the fix he asked for full price? Sorry just to clarify...


I can answer this....
He bought the library and it was not working. After many attempts and it did not work (much grief on both sides, of course), Alex refunded him his money. Alex eventually found the issue (by the way, it has to do with Macs and their internet browser behavior adding another character to some download extensions, it was not an issue with JP's specific system OR an issue with the software...in case anyone wants to know). After finding the issue, Alex offered the fix even though he had refunded the money already, which I think is pretty honorable of him. Alex then asked for the money that was now again due for the library. Seems pretty straight-forward on many levels.
Both parties had many hassles, which is unfortunate. But I really don't see this as reason to slander an otherwise awesome dev. I have had nothing but great service from all of the devs, often above and beyond what I should have expected.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Expert
Expert
 
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm
Location: Minnesota, USA

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby marcpl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:32 pm

well, a bit off topic but...

nebula is grassroots. always has been and that's what I love about. I love that my favorite plugin, and it's libraries, are developed by regular-guy, audio geeks like me.

it's cool that the best audio processing tool, that I've found anyway, is made by a handful of regular guys who are really into it...not some huge audio corporation.

that being said you have to roll with the punches sometimes while they figure things out. it's like the old, American wild west. new frontiers and all that. it's been a great ride from a customer's perspective.

remember the old website? remember nebula-programs.com? remember not having a preset menu in nebula?

I've been very critical at times. very recently in fact. but the truth is that nebula gets consistently better and we still have neb4 to look forward to.

these recent issues, mine included, were due to a NEED for cp. who's fault is that? not the devs, that's for sure.

nebula is grassroots and hopefully always will be.
but that means that you have to be patient sometimes.

best,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:35 pm

People on this forum are the best customers in the world. I, the paying customer, get treated like sh*t by arrogant developers and you guys still defend them. They are SO lucky to have customers like you.

I respect your opinions but I'm not like this. When I'm told (very arrogantly) that my product is not working due to my system and then one month after it turns out it was my AUT file (which I said to AlexB in my second email) and this @#% doesn't even apologize and charges me full price, I get really pissed off. What power do I have as a angry and disappointed customer? I can only not give him any more of my hard earned money and make sure my friends don't end having to deal with this prick.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby jpchartrand » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:39 pm

marcpl wrote:well, a bit off topic but...

nebula is grassroots. always has been and that's what I love about. I love that my favorite plugin, and it's libraries, are developed by regular-guy, audio geeks like me.

it's cool that the best audio processing tool, that I've found anyway, is made by a handful of regular guys who are really into it...not some huge audio corporation.

that being said you have to roll with the punches sometimes while they figure things out. it's like the old, American wild west. new frontiers and all that. it's been a great ride from a customer's perspective.

remember the old website? remember nebula-programs.com? remember not having a preset menu in nebula?

I've been very critical at times. very recently in fact. but the truth is that nebula gets consistently better and we still have neb4 to look forward to.

these recent issues, mine included, were due to a NEED for cp. who's fault is that? not the devs, that's for sure.

nebula is grassroots and hopefully always will be.
but that means that you have to be patient sometimes.

best,
marco


I would agree with you 100% if this product and the libraries were free. But they're not. We pay for all of this. When I get attitude from someone I give my money to, I get really upset. I've never had an issue with any other developer.

By the way...I LOVE CDSM, Cupwise, Tim, HO, etc...
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI
 
Posts: 196
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby marcpl » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:43 pm

hey jp,

i'm not saying that you shouldn't be pissed or that you should keep buying from alexb or AA. it's your right to be pissed and your right not to buy anymore.

but a year ago you wouldn't have had the issue that you had. I wonder why.
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 pm

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby kylen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 pm

jpchartrand wrote: What power do I have as a angry and disappointed customer? I can only not give him any more of my hard earned money and make sure my friends don't end having to deal with this prick.

You've escalated this too far. That's enough. Dial it back. :twisted:
kylen
Member
Member
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 am

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby lipa » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:59 pm

Thanks for claryfing these things Ritchie! I knew Alex wouldn't be unfair, I emailed him so many times and he was always nice.
To Jpchartrand - I'm sorry You have lost some time.. I did lost many many hours and days sorting out nebula engine to make it work like I wanted, nobody apologised me.
Maybe You should be apologised by apple. They sold You a computer that is three times the price of a normal computer and it has a file system that is weird and not working manually (unless You have a library installer).
Okay, maybe Alex should have been sorry or could have given You a discount but tell us if that console programs sound that bad to call him a prick? Come on! We're talking 30-50 euros prices and You expect developers to have customer service like in a car dealer. By the way Apple is starting to charge customers extra for every customer service phone call.. In nebula, You can email developers to death for free :lol:

BTW I'll be betatesting Alex MFeQ too (tomorrow). I'm sure it will be a good one. I heard some samples of the MFC console and it really sounds better than the previous consoles. More open with bigger stereo stage.
User avatar
lipa
Member
Member
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests