Login

AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: AlexB - Modern Flagship Console : RELEASED !

Postby hwasser » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 pm

I like to ask a question about these consoles.

I like to have most of the addictive drums-pieces inside the program itself except the kick and snare, then I send it all to a drumbuss.

To make the S*L sound properly on drums, do I have to input it on every drumpiece or is Kick+Snare+Rest of the drumkit enough?
hwasser
User Level VIII
User Level VIII

Postby richie43 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 pm

dagovitsj wrote:@ jpchartrand: did you right click and installed it as an administrator?
Don't know if you're on win7 or Mac, but that's important on win7 to get it to work.

I am on WIn7 and 8 and have never had to install as admin, so I don't know what's up on your system. Also, jpchartrand is on a Mac.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby dagovitsj » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:55 pm

@richie43: Nothing is up with my system, but that is clearly what AlexB recommends in his manual :D

From plage 6 in the manual:
IMPORTANT : remember to run the installer as administrator (otherwise the .ser file will not be generated).
Run the installer and click “Install” then follow the on screen instruction. Alternatively you can copy the files manually.

And that goes for the libs from CDSoundmaster as well, if I remember correctly?!

But if one install the lib manually, putting the vector files in the vector folder and the program files in the programs folder, one can eliminate if this is the problem or other things, I reckon.

Hope you manage to fix it jpchartrand ;)
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby richie43 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:57 am

dagovitsj wrote:@richie43: Nothing is up with my system, but that is clearly what AlexB recommends in his manual :D [

Maybe I should read more manuals...... :shock:

But that still seems strange because like I said, I never install software with admin rights and have never had a problem with any Nebula or Aqua plugin generating a ser file. But maybe you are right about the other installation method not needing admin rights, I always copy/paste the n2p and n2v files if they are not "hidden" in an installer. Interesting.....
Last edited by richie43 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sounds of the Hear and Now
http://soundyaudio.com/
richie43
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Postby marcpl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:48 pm

just bought it. i was excited to see that there was a direct download after the purchase...but now i wait for an authorization file.

something to look forward to.

regards,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jpchartrand » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:50 pm

dagovitsj wrote:@ jpchartrand: did you right click and installed it as an administrator?
Don't know if you're on win7 or Mac, but that's important on win7 to get it to work.

I run everything as an admin but I could never get the installer to see the file. I copied the files manually. The SER file gets generated and I have the AUT file but it doesn't work. I am on Mac. Still doesn't work. All my libraries work fine except this one. I can't think of any reason other than my AUT file is invalid but AlexB maintains it is.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby marcpl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:10 pm

jpchartrand wrote:I run everything as an admin but I could never get the installer to see the file. I copied the files manually. The SER file gets generated and I have the AUT file but it doesn't work. I am on Mac. Still doesn't work. All my libraries work fine except this one. I can't think of any reason other than my AUT file is invalid but AlexB maintains it is.

in my case it's too early to tell, but I just bought MFC a couple of hours ago and my auth doesn't work either. i'm on win7 x64.

the process was easy enough and everything went exactly as the manual described it. the only thing that doesn't work is the actual authorization of the library.

oh well...i'm sure it's just a glitch and alex will help me figure it out on Monday. can't wait to play with this baby.

eager,
marco
marcpl
User Level X
User Level X

Postby jpchartrand » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:31 am

marcpl wrote:
jpchartrand wrote:I run everything as an admin but I could never get the installer to see the file. I copied the files manually. The SER file gets generated and I have the AUT file but it doesn't work. I am on Mac. Still doesn't work. All my libraries work fine except this one. I can't think of any reason other than my AUT file is invalid but AlexB maintains it is.

in my case it's too early to tell, but I just bought MFC a couple of hours ago and my auth doesn't work either. i'm on win7 x64.

the process was easy enough and everything went exactly as the manual described it. the only thing that doesn't work is the actual authorization of the library.

oh well...i'm sure it's just a glitch and alex will help me figure it out on Monday. can't wait to play with this baby.

eager,
marco

I have literally spent at least 20 hours trying every possible configuration to make it work. No luck. PLEASE let me know if you succeed.
jpchartrand
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby dagovitsj » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:54 am

@jpchartrand: Hm, I really feel sorry for you. 20 hours is a lot trying to fix this. Unfortunately I'm not on Mac, the only thing I can think of is trying to remove everything regarding the MFC, and delete the files inside the 'Temp' folder (they will be rebuilt automatically when opening Nebula again). And do another try.

One more thing: I just checked my nebulatemprepository folder, and the strange thing is that there is a folder called MFCPRO - and there are no files in it. Could it be that the lib needs that folder to work in some sort of way, since you didn't manage to use the installer, and only copied the prog and vector files manually, you probably don't have this folder in your nebulatemprepository folder - or?

It' just a shot in the dark, but perhaps this folder is neccessary to get it to work? All the other around here which is on Mac - do you have this folder too?

Best
|Win 7-64bit | Reaper 4. x64, Cubase 6.5.3., 64 & 32 bit | RAM:16 GB | CPU: Intel Core i5 760@ 2,8 GHz | Samsung SSD 830 (256 GB) | WD: Black harddisks | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT Graphics Accelerator | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 |Nebula 3 Pro |
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby dagovitsj » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:03 am

@ richie43: Ha, ha, no, stay away from reading more manuals - I think it's better reading novels etc - a friend of mine laughs at me when he ask me what the last book I read was and I reply, probably a Nebula pdf... ;)

But that still seems strange because like I said, I never install software with admin rights and have never had a problem with any Nebula or Aqua plugin generating a ser file. But maybe you are right about the other installation method not needing admin rights, I always copy/paste the n2p and n2v files if they are not "hidden" in an installer. Interesting.....

Hm, yes I started with Nebula by doing most installations manually, but when I didn't get CDSoundmaster lib to work, or perhaps it was VTM-M2 or TubeBooster - then I learned that the proper way was to install them as administrator. Have just used that method ever since, and it's working like a charm.
dagovitsj
Vip Member
Vip Member

PreviousNext

Return to 3rd party libraries