Postby deehope » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:25 pm

I guess the ultimate companion would be the ubk-1
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Re: CDS - EL8 DE-STRESSOR Preamp Collection

Postby mtalavera » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:08 pm

deehope wrote:I guess the ultimate companion would be the ubk-1

I have the UBK-1 and just tried that combo out last night on a vocal track. They seemed to work very well together in the few minutes I was able to play with them.

The manual says that this library will work well with 1176 plugins as well. I have IK Multimedia's version and am going to try that out tonight.
mtalavera

Postby dacaveprods » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:58 pm

botus99 wrote:The free Distressor clone that you guys are bringing up hasn't been getting as good reviews in terms of authenticity as the one from Antress.

http://antress.blogspot.com/

I believe it's called the "Deathcore." I haven't tried it in years, but you might have better luck with this one.

Yep...
dacaveprods

Postby deehope » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:19 pm

If your not using this with the sknote disto you have no idea what your missing.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby botus99 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:22 am

deehope wrote:If you're not using this with the sknote disto you have no idea what you're missing.

Do go on. I do know what a Distressor is, but haven't used one. I also haven't tried any plugin simulations (Nebula or otherwise). I'm curious, how do you typically use it? :geek:
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Postby deehope » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:59 am

botus99 wrote:
deehope wrote:If you're not using this with the sknote disto you have no idea what you're missing.

Do go on. I do know what a Distressor is, but haven't used one. I also haven't tried any plugin simulations (Nebula or otherwise). I'm curious, how do you typically use it? :geek:

Seeing that it's a hardware simulation of many different other hardware comps it's super versatile. I've smashed drumbusses, used it in opto mode for vocals and even used it as a super clean limiter. It does everything and the el8 library gives it the 5% it's missing.
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby andyl » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:38 am

I've tried this with the new sknote distro, UBK's UBK-1 and the new Deflector. To my ears, the combo with the Sly-Fi Deflector is the best sounding.
andyl
User Level 0
User Level 0

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries