Login

CDS - EL8 DE-STRESSOR Preamp Collection

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

CDS - EL8 DE-STRESSOR Preamp Collection

Postby faxesystem » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:09 pm

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Softw ... P-Neb.html

So this has been out for two days and no one mentioned it? Did anyone try this baby out? Does it get you to the really high ammount of distortion the original unit produces with nebula? :o
faxesystem
User Level III
User Level III

Re: CDS - EL8 DE-STRESSOR Preamp Collection

Postby cdsoundmaster » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for asking about it! :-)
I just came here to post the release- been so busy!!!
The original actually doesn't generate ridiculous amounts of distortion, but it generates very specific 2nd and 3rd harmonics independently along with a zillion different modes. It has the identical amount of distortion and settings for each mode as the hardware unit and sounds wonderful.

http://cdsoundmaster.com/site/CDS-Softw ... P-Neb.html
cdsoundmaster
Vip Member
Vip Member

Postby deehope » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 pm

This should pair awesomely with the cocell sor8 plugin. I'm going broke buying all of these lol.. i have to ask again.. any plans on doing an start level?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mtalavera » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:43 pm

deehope wrote:This should pair awesomely with the cocell sor8 plugin. I'm going broke buying all of these lol.. i have to ask again.. any plans on doing an start level?

Thank you for the reference to the SOR 8. I had seen it a few months ago but didn't think I needed another compressor. But as you say, paired with this collection, that may be a winning combination.
mtalavera

Postby faxesystem » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:19 am

Just bought it and will try it out tomorrow.

And I have to say, that the SOR8 plugin does not even sound close to a real distressor and also realy bad for an algo compressor.
A free and IMHO better alternative would be the Rough Rider. http://www.audiodamage.com/downloads/pr ... pid=ADF002

I will try it tomorrow with some 1176 plugins and I'm excited to use it behind the DC8C2 :D
faxesystem
User Level III
User Level III

Postby deehope » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:08 am

Does the DC8C2 do a good job of the distressor?
deehope
User Level X
User Level X

Postby mtalavera » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:43 am

faxesystem wrote:Just bought it and will try it out tomorrow.

And I have to say, that the SOR8 plugin does not even sound close to a real distressor and also realy bad for an algo compressor.
A free and IMHO better alternative would be the Rough Rider. http://www.audiodamage.com/downloads/pr ... pid=ADF002

I will try it tomorrow with some 1176 plugins and I'm excited to use it behind the DC8C2 :D

I wassn't particularly impressed with the SOR8 either, but thought I maybe wasnt using it quite right.

I have been looking for an excuse to buy DC8C2, but haven't because i have so many compressor plugins already. So if you find that it indeed pairs well with this library, I would really like to know. :D
mtalavera

Postby Jaff » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:18 pm

The DC8C2 is a great compressor for its price.

It is not very "tasty" but it does so many great jobs That so many can't !!!

If you want a compressor with a lot a character, don't buy it
If you want a great compressor Like a swiss-army tool, go for it !!!

Jaff
Jaff
User Level II
User Level II

Postby faxesystem » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:37 pm

DC8C2 can be very clean. And since you have built in HP and LP filter for the signal and lots of tweakable attack and release setting you should get close to the distressors behaviour. And since it is a very clean compression nebula will do the coloring after it. ;) But there are also two saturation stages and the new SMASH mode which will destroy your drums in the good way ;)
faxesystem
User Level III
User Level III

Postby botus99 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:41 pm

The free Distressor clone that you guys are bringing up hasn't been getting as good reviews in terms of authenticity as the one from Antress.

http://antress.blogspot.com/

I believe it's called the "Deathcore." I haven't tried it in years, but you might have better luck with this one.
Win10 Pro 64 / i7 6700K / 16gb RAM / Reaper | Allen&Heath ZED-R16 / Echo AudiofirePre8
Nebula Ultimate - Ochre, Red, Charly, Tan, Orange, Blue, Navy, Purple, Amethyst, Lime, Sand, Pink, 2412, 7236, Titanium, Aquamarine, Coral
botus99
Expert
Expert

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries