Login

NVC-MAMMOTH [virtual controller]

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

Re: NVC-MAMMOTH [virtual controller]

Postby SWAN » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:21 am

this is a cool development with the bidule / metaplugin packaging...for me it was too much the midi filtering and I dont use reaper...

however I do mainly use Logic X so will need to wait until one day there is 64bit possibility - but the idea you can package it mostly into 2 plugins is excellent...

Has anyone got it working with a bridge in Logic? Is it possible?

I do have Live 8 32 bit I could test in...
Mac Mini i7 quad 2.6

Logic X
Live 9
Reaper
SWAN
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:31 am

Hi SWAN,

That be good if you could test.

Just as a point ... even though I run 32-bit, when I use REAPER, every NEBULA is run as a 'dedicated process' [which is basically a bridge].

I can think of no reason why the NVC could not be bridged [of course, we are dealing with computers :| ]

The only possible issue is the new Channel filter/audio router VST that I just posted on my site.
That would be good to know if it runs 64bit or bridged.

Believe me, if I could provide 64-bit ... no one would need to ask :shock: let alone a MAC version :o

Please let me know any findings ... I continue to make updates to all the NVC's ... in fact, ALL of them got a new 'feature' added tonite ;)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby lbhms » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:33 pm

I've done some more testing with Bidule and compared the sound output doubled with unprocessed audio with the same audio just running through 5 instances of Mammoth in reapers fx chain.

As far as I can tell - the Bidule + audio vs mixer fx + audio output is the same. :P

The only difference I've noticed is an audio level drop running through the Bidule - so compensated for that and to my ears it's the same - the hats still disappear a bit when doubled - but the same for both setups - so I'm assuming this is caused by the 5 instances of Mammoth altering the signal. I cannot find a reason for the audio level drop in the short time I've been playing with Bidule. All the mammoth instances are set up exactly the same - no alteration to input or output levels.

So the Bidule latency compensation appears to work the way I have set it up. :P

As I'm only running the demo of NVC - and probably not the very latest version (you've said you've added proper bypasses etc) - so I still want to check what happens when an instance of Nebula is bypassed within Bidule to check whether the compensated latency is removed appropriately for that instance.

I'll check this when I have a bit more time. When you say NVC will bypass a Nebula instance - does it do the equivalent of clicking on the 'Bypass/Process' setting within Nebula? If so this should be easy to test - I'm guessing Nebula is still 'active' but not processing - so the latency reported by Nebula either remains the same (Nebula provides a delay to the signal as it passes through) or is altered appropriately. It must do one of these things in order to keep the audio in time with the rest of the audio in the project.

I've yet to look into changing the Magic ID for each Nebula Setup I create. But it sounds like it is do-able - thanks Giancarlo for the info. I'm not worried about old projects failing to load properly - I have no urgent need to go back to any that may be affected.

So adding to my shopping list - Full version of NVC-Mammoth (possibly the PooltEQ NVC too) - and the full version of Nebula Setups 2 (I can't remember whether I purchased this yet - might still be using an old Beta version - oops - sorry Zabukowski if so! :oops: ) Just gotta wait until I get paid in a few days time...
lbhms
User Level II
User Level II

Postby lbhms » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:43 pm

I've got the new midi filter running in JBridge ok in both Reaper and Bidule... Haven't actually had time to test whether it actually works - but interface displays ok which is more than I managed with the previous one through JBridge - it worked fine bridged natively in REaper. (I think it may have been administrator issues as JBridge requires administrator privileges and I was having difficulties before passing those privileges through to Metaplugin (which I have uninstalled from my system now - preferring Bidule).

Bidule shows 2 audio ins and 4 audio outs on the midi filter - would be interesting to know what the extra outputs are for... :)

Am now awaiting authorisation for the Mammoth NVC - and really looking forward to the new version :)

Thanks
lbhms
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:04 pm

lbhms wrote:I've got the new midi filter running in JBridge ok in both Reaper and Bidule... Haven't actually had time to test whether it actually works - but interface displays ok which is more than I managed with the previous one through JBridge - it worked fine bridged natively in REaper. (I think it may have been administrator issues as JBridge requires administrator privileges and I was having difficulties before passing those privileges through to Metaplugin (which I have uninstalled from my system now - preferring Bidule).

Bidule shows 2 audio ins and 4 audio outs on the midi filter - would be interesting to know what the extra outputs are for... :)

Am now awaiting authorisation for the Mammoth NVC - and really looking forward to the new version :)

Thanks

The MCF-AR has 2 main INPUTS [audio]. The 4 outputs are: 1/2 = MAIN output. 3/4 are to use for ByPass mode.

***** NOTE *****

I've just posted the latest NVC-Mammoth version 0.50 to the website. Grab this ! :mrgreen:

Again ... sorry about the crazy download filenames ... hopefully my web host will fix this soon :roll:

Now that the web site has been updated, I'll start getting to the Registration files for everyone so they can get out of DEMO mode.

Thanks for all the support !

Sincerely.
RJHollins [Up All Nite]
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:58 pm

update news ...

NVC-Mammoth has been updated to version 0.51
Main Screen shot-3.jpg
NVC-Mammoth v:0.51

- implemented the 'intelligent' Master EQ Bypass function. Bypass 'status' is maintained in all 13 sub-modules.
- minor GUI cosmetic changes.

The ability to individual bypass the gain setting of each EQ module is very useful for fast A/B comparisons of boost or cuts applied to a given EQ band.
The Master EQ bypass allows all bands to be temporarily set at 'neutral' gain, maintaining the 'sonics of the NEBULA module at zero gain.

If any of the sub-modules were already in 'EQ Bypass' mode, the Master EQ Bypass is now 'status' aware of this state, and will be maintained after the Master is engaged. This provides the engineer with excellent evaluating control with this fast A/B switching ability.

This is a standard feature in the entire NVC series. I am very pleased to have added this feature back into the complex logic and capabilities of the NVC-Mammoth controller.

Demo version is now available at:
http://www.upallnite.us/
8-)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby koda » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:22 am

gogogogo
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby RJHollins » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:45 am

Update News !

The NVC-Mammoth has been updated to v: 0.53

* Bandwidth and GAIN knob resolution has been doubled
The GAIN control is now 1/2dB stepped, and the BW has 20 steps of resolution.

It should be noted that the original hardware numerics did not reference to dB nor 'Q' values. We have taken some liberties :lol:

It is a continued delight to be able to work this EQ with the NVC. In the initial design, I debated a practical resolution to design controls at.

With the NVC, I'm much more tuned in on how this EQ works and sounds. It is much more powerful than working a single band in isolation than I assumed.

It is also through the experienced gained using the NVC that I quickly decided that the BW and Gain resolution to be doubled.

If your monitoring environment allows for such detail, I think you will welcome the finer sculpting precision and subtlety.

This level of 'setting choices' seems to be at the 'balanced' limits of practicality, giving us subtle choices without throwing us into the perils of the infinite :shock: :lol:

Version:0.53 is now available for download at:
http://www.upallnite.us

NOTE:

All 'Registration' files have been sent for those purchased as of March 1st. Please contact me if you have NOT recieved your REG file after purchasing.

OH ... and thanks to those who have emailed me with comments and suggestions, etc. It is rewarding to hear others discovering a whole new NEBULA experience using the NVC. :D

Sincerely ... Thank-you.
8-)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby lbhms » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:36 pm

This is a brilliant update - I love having the extra precision, especially using it to adjust a whole mix.

Great work Ronald! And thank you for the continued work on this great controller, it really has reignited my love for both Nebula and Mammoth EQ. I still cannot believe it was less than a year ago when I first found out about Nebula - it feels like I've been using it for so much longer. :)
lbhms
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Thu May 29, 2014 8:46 am

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know, I've made a update/change for the NVC-Mammoth.

The issue has to do with the pre copy-protect version of the Mammoth library and the current available library from AITB. This is a preset 'naming' change that the NVC parsing routine was not designed to detect. The naming was just different enough that it was too complex to keep this as a single release [or at least till I figure out a way to program it :roll: ]

Those that had issue, I was emailing the proper version ... but it was past time that I just make the change on the website ... and so we did :lol:

The download button LOOKS the same, but the version number is now v:0.54b.

The VST also has its own unique ID number, so be aware that both version will load ... but you may delete the 'other DLL' if you don't have the old original release. [yes ... someday when I find time to update my AITB library ... I will :oops:

BTW ... just a big thanks to everyone supporting my NVC series. It is so nice to hear about how the NVC's have impacted the work-flow AND results.

Sincere thanks !

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to 3rd party libraries