Login

NVC-MAMMOTH [virtual controller]

Officially Licensed 3rd Party Developer Libraries
Free 3rd Party Programs

NVC-MAMMOTH [virtual controller]

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:33 am

Announcing the NVC-MAMMOTH virtual MIDI controller for the AITB 'Mammoth' Massive/Passive library.
Main Screen shot.jpg
NVC-Mammoth [main screen]

It is called the 'MINI' :shock: , as it is a complete redesign from, what was, my first experimental controller. This version is anything but 'mini'. ;)

Functionally, it mirrors the hardware design .... but only on the surface. Under each of the 'flip switches' is a complete Nebula controller.

The 'MINI' design can use 5 Nebula instances to fully emulate the MP hardware.

Patch configuration is handled automatically via import of XML file from Zab's 'Nebula SetUps' app.

Not only is there 'intelligent' logic switching to bypass each Nebula in the signal chain, but this 'feature' has been expanded to include individual EQ GAIN bypassing, as well as global'. This allows for quick A/B evaluation of EQ.

Customizing the 'color' of the EQ is a powerful feature. Switching from 'multi-kernel' patches to 'clean' or any other related patch will maintain User EQ settings automatically.

Each sub-module includes a 'dual-fader' that accommodates Drive and G-DRV [if available].

[note: remember that NEBULA's main XML file needs to be edited to be MIDI aware].

At this moment I've posted a public-beta download link on the http://www.upallnite.us site.
You are welcomed to check it out.

My personal gig and studio schedule is quite busy, and I look to available time to assemble and post documentation, videos, support files, etc as soon as time permits. Meantime, you have a chance to check it out if interested. If questions come up, post in this link, and I'll do my best to help where I can.

Thank-you.
8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

NVC [Nebula Virtual Controllers]
RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Re: NVC-MAMMOTH [virtual controller]

Postby koda » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:49 am

You are making the future of nebula with your controllers. Even if not now in a bunch of years with cpu speed increases this will be the future.
koda
User Level VI
User Level VI

Postby RJHollins » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:57 am

Hi Koda,

We've heard some future plans, which we look forward to ... but given the current architecture to work within, and a fairly decent computer, the NVC's transform from individual components into an interactive workflow that can be played like an 'Instrument'.... today 8-)

For my work, I cannot wait for something down the road ... and my 'old school' ways clashed with the fragmented workflow of single instances. I realized that I was not making the best eq decisions ... was too distracted opening, moving, closing windows ... and that was AFTER I found the correct Nebula plugin in the list :o
:lol:

I want to concentrate on listening. That is what these NVC controllers allow me to do.

Is everything now purfect ... hmmm, I have my 'list' :twisted: For my programming efforts, I wish for 64 bit, PC/Mac compatible. I wish Nebula had more controllers available along with discreet MIDI channel capabilities ... there's more ... but I have work to do now ... it can't wait for purfect :lol:

As always, for anyone serious about their working with Nebula, there is a 'setup curve'. It is much simpler than it may first appear. [really ... 5 minutes or less to set up a full chain [I use Reaper and build a default chain that loads all NEB's to INIT state. Once in a project, I configure the EQ however I want ... it's even fun to experiment, because I now can].

Be happy to help ...

Back to it 8-)
i7-5820k, MSI X99A Plus, 16 GIG Ram, Noctua NH-D14, Win-7 Pro [64-bit], Reaper-64

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:14 am

update news. [copy/pasted]

The NVC-MAMMOTH controller has now been updated with the new GainStage Calibration module.

Using an 'old school' technique, you can quickly re-balance [to unity gain] your entire FXChain in seconds. :shock:

Not only quick and convenient ... but you may be pleasantly surprised that the track sounds even better! :o

'Gain Structure' is of fundamental importance in engineering. Every change in EQ gain/freq/Q equates to a level change at the output, that then feeds into the input to the next unit in the chain.

This 'feature' is now standard in every NVC release, and will put the FUN back into proper 'Unity-Gain'. :shock:
:lol:

The http://www.upallnite.us site has the new version posted.

Lots more to come! Save up ... I'm getting the store readied to open. 8-)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby dreaddd » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:30 pm

hey RJ ..linka no worka foh me.. :geek:

spaces on the URL maybe?
dreaddd
User Level II
User Level II

Postby Vando » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Does anyone know if this thing works with 64bit Cubase and if it does, how to set it up? MIDI Routers?
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Postby RJHollins » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:08 pm

dreaddd wrote:hey RJ ..linka no worka foh me.. :geek:

spaces on the URL maybe?

Hi dreaddd ... might have been during the site update timewarp :lol:

I'm transferring files to 'ON-SITE' storage, rather than DropBox.

There is an issue that the web Tech support is looking into ... the download filename is not correct [just a bunch of numbers] :roll: You have to reNAME the downloaded file with an added .rar extention. :|

always something :oops:

Try these new links [buttons] and see if that works for ya!

still updating the site ... wish me luck 8-)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby dreaddd » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:28 pm

seems to work now , thanks ;)

cheers
dreaddd
User Level II
User Level II

Postby RJHollins » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:43 am

Vando wrote:Does anyone know if this thing works with 64bit Cubase and if it does, how to set it up? MIDI Routers?

Hi Vando,
I did have a beta-tester [back some time ago] that had it running on his Cubase-64 system. I don't recall the details, but I seem to remember that he had linked 6 Nebula's to the original NVC-MP that was all 13 modules on display.

I think [thought' that Cubase might have a limit as to the number of FX slots available [??].

I've tested with 'chainer' plugins like, MetaPlugin and that worked. I've not yet tried BC's new chainer.

To help, I did write up a small utility plugin [VST] that filters MIDI Channels. I used that within MetaPlugin ... did exactly what was needed.

I can post that if you need.

Hopefully we'll get some DAW experts that know the easy way to do this routing. REAPER uses a BUS system which was handy. For Reaper, there are 2 support files that I have posted. One handles the BUS assign, and the other [which has been updated for 64-bit] handles the MIDI LEARN [which only needs to do one thing, and that is the BYPASS efx]. Of course, with Reaper, that same function could be done using the 'Parameter Modulation' directly, so the ReaMIDIRoute can be dumped.

From what I've seen, there are many different ways to approach this. For my work, I wanted everything on a single track [audio and midi]. Very straight forward in Reaper.

With other DAW's, it may be convienient to think of the NVC as a type of virtual instrument, or an external MIDI keyboard. The 'data' output from the NVC is pure MIDI, and that data is being sent to a rack of samplers or VSTi [Nebula].

The demos are posted ... check them out.
hope that helped.
8-)

RJHollins
Expert
Expert

Postby Vando » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi RJ,
Cubase has indeed 8 fx slots per channel. I have used Xlutops Chainer earlier but it doesn't work well in 64Bit so I have been checking out other alternatives like BC and Metaplugin lately.

Yes,I'd be very glad if you can send me the utility plugin.
I'll PM my address.

Vando
Vando
User Level XI
User Level XI

Next

Return to 3rd party libraries